PDA

View Full Version : Bengals newest criminal/firearm felon....

tony hipchest
04-07-2009, 08:37 PM
....Tank Johnson! :applaudit:

good job douchebags. :thumbsup: way to "clean up the culture" :blah:

KeiselPower99
04-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Maybe him and Ced Benson can get together and get drunk on a boat and do some free lance shooting.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Maybe him and Ced Benson can get together and get drunk on a boat and do some free lance shooting.

:toofunny: Oh boy...I don't wanna be boating down on the Ohio.

Hapa
04-07-2009, 09:29 PM
He's a monster though... don't look forward to seeing him.

Godfather
04-07-2009, 09:46 PM
We didn't sign him? Cheap Rooneys strike again.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Good to see things haven't changed over in Bungles land......before the guy ever plays a down in a bungles uniform he'll end up in jail. Same old sorry sap Bungles. :rofl:

Steelman16
04-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Classic Bungle move... :toofunny:

So does this mean they won't be drafting Raji like everyone was projecting?

Tankus_Maximus
04-07-2009, 11:04 PM
BWAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAA!!

Tank Johnson? Really?

You can't make this crap up! Way to clean up your franchise with character issues....

Galax Steeler
04-08-2009, 06:20 AM
This is just another saga from the bungholes. I guess we will just sit back and wait for the action.:rofl:

stillers4me
04-08-2009, 06:27 AM
And all the mommas of the potential draftees are praying their babies don't get called by Cincinnati.

HometownGal
04-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Here's the scoop. Hmmmm - I thought Uncle Marv was supposedly trying to clean up the Bungles' image? :jerkit: This dude has a rap sheet longer than any Bungles' winning streak. :jawdrop:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fa8a50&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Veteran DT Tank Johnson finds his fit, agrees to deal with Bengals
Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Tank Johnson, a player with legal troubles in his background, is joining the Cincinnati Bengals, a team that frequently has dealt with such issues.

The defensive tackle agreed to undisclosed terms with the Bengals on Tuesday. Johnson's agent, Jerrold Colton, said the Bengals' defensive scheme is a better fit for the five-year NFL veteran than his previous team, the Dallas Cowboys.

Johnson, 27, had 33 tackles and three sacks in two seasons with the Cowboys, who signed him even while the defensive tackle was serving an eight-game NFL suspension in 2007 for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

Johnson was released by the Chicago Bears in June 2007, days after he was pulled over by police in Gilbert, Ariz., for speeding. Charges were never filed in the Arizona case, but Johnson already had served a two-month jail term for violating probation from an earlier gun charge when he had unregistered firearms in his home.

While with the Bears, Johnson helped them win the 2006 NFC title before they lost to the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLI.

Johnson had no off-field problems while he was with the Cowboys.

The Bengals have a history of giving second chances -- and third and fourth chances -- to players who get into trouble. Linebacker Odell Thurman and wide receiver Chris Henry were the most high-profile examples, piling up the arrests and suspensions.

In all, the Bengals had a run of 10 player arrests in a 14-month span.

fansince'76
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Tank Johnson, a player with legal troubles in his background, is joining the Cincinnati Bengals, a team that frequently has dealt with such issues....

....Johnson, 27, had 33 tackles and three sacks in two seasons with the Cowboys, who signed him even while the defensive tackle was serving an eight-game NFL suspension in 2007 for violating the league's personal-conduct policy....

....Johnson had no off-field problems while he was with the Cowboys.

I think what's funny is that when the Cowboys sign players like this it always seems to be a "good move" for them (also see Pacman Jones signing), yet when the Bengals sign them, it's the "same old Bengals." I mean, let's give the Cowboys a cookie :cookie: for Johnson staying out of trouble after they signed him while he was still serving a NFL-mandated suspension, but mention for the 15 millionth time the Bengals' history of signing troubled players and bringing up his past issues when they sign him. Hypocrisy, anyone?

revefsreleets
04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
The Bengals have a history of giving second chances -- and third and fourth chances -- to players who get into trouble. Linebacker Odell Thurman and wide receiver Chris Henry were the most high-profile examples, piling up the arrests and suspensions.

All part of the really tough "12 strikes and you're almost out" policy of Marv's...

Godfather
04-08-2009, 10:06 AM
This dude has a rap sheet longer than any Bungles' winning streak.

Bad analogy. Anyone who's had a parking ticket can say the same thing.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I love the Bengals. They are gonna wrestle their position back from the Lions as doormats of the NFL.

Mike Brown is too cheap to fire his coach because he still owes him money. I think they still send their scouts to the combine on a bus while the rest of the NFL takes a plane and the next move should be to trade Chad Johnson away so they can sign Mike Vick to play WR.

CantStop85
04-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I think what's funny is that when the Cowboys sign players like this it always seems to be a "good move" for them (also see Pacman Jones signing), yet when the Bengals sign them, it's the "same old Bengals." I mean, let's give the Cowboys a cookie :cookie: for Johnson staying out of trouble after they signed him while he was still serving a NFL-mandated suspension, but mention for the 15 millionth time the Bengals' history of signing troubled players and bringing up his past issues when they sign him. Hypocrisy, anyone?

:thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
He's a monster though... don't look forward to seeing him.

He'd actually have to make it to the game healthy first. I don't fear Johnson, any Johnson actually. Chad or Tank. Bring em on, we'll beat the crap out of whatever team the Bengals decide to put up against us.

KeiselPower99
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Here's the scoop. Hmmmm - I thought Uncle Marv was supposedly trying to clean up the Bungles' image? :jerkit: This dude has a rap sheet longer than any Bungles' winning streak. :jawdrop:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fa8a50&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Veteran DT Tank Johnson finds his fit, agrees to deal with Bengals
Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- Tank Johnson, a player with legal troubles in his background, is joining the Cincinnati Bengals, a team that frequently has dealt with such issues.

The defensive tackle agreed to undisclosed terms with the Bengals on Tuesday. Johnson's agent, Jerrold Colton, said the Bengals' defensive scheme is a better fit for the five-year NFL veteran than his previous team, the Dallas Cowboys.

Johnson, 27, had 33 tackles and three sacks in two seasons with the Cowboys, who signed him even while the defensive tackle was serving an eight-game NFL suspension in 2007 for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

Johnson was released by the Chicago Bears in June 2007, days after he was pulled over by police in Gilbert, Ariz., for speeding. Charges were never filed in the Arizona case, but Johnson already had served a two-month jail term for violating probation from an earlier gun charge when he had unregistered firearms in his home.

While with the Bears, Johnson helped them win the 2006 NFC title before they lost to the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLI.

Johnson had no off-field problems while he was with the Cowboys.

On Espn they said this was a good fit and that Tank had cleaned up his act since he signed with the Cowboys. Personally I think he will show his true stripes here soon in Cincy.

BrandonCarr39
04-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Forget about Tank's criminal behavior, he isn't THAT good to begin with.

If anything - he thrived in Chicago's system b/c 1) He's just a "system" player, and 2) He had TOMMIE HARRIS next to him. When Harris went down late that 2006 year, Tank got exposed pretty good.

In Wade's system here in Dallas, he was actually pretty good in 2007 - at NT, I thought he held his own nicely. However - it was last year when he didn't do a darn thing, constantly getting bulldozed by even the most mediocre centers. He was also reportedly a cancer in the Dallas locker room as well, but went under the radar b/c we had "the other" cancer in there.

Fire Haley
04-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Don't worry, he has Marvin to pat him on the head and tell him how great he is while they're losing.

Ask Chad.

revefsreleets
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Hopefully for the Bungles coaching staff he doesn't emulate CJ TOO much. It's one thing for stringbean Chad Johnson to cold c ock a coach, quite another for Tank Johnson to start throwing haymakers at the coaching staff.

St33lersguy
04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Only thing left to determine now is when they will sign Pacman & will they draft low character guy Andre Smith or B.J. Raji just for testing positive for matijuana at the combine

Edman
04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm not going to laugh anymore, because it seems every single time I laugh that yet another Bengal has gotten in trouble, a Steeler player gets in trouble.