PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald set for Madden 2010 cover ?

Steel-Bryan
04-08-2009, 04:27 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/08/fitzgerald-set-for-madden-cover-fantasy-owners-say-no/

:mad:

pittsburghp8baller
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
it seems about right. would not be surprised at all if it was Fitzgerald.

i NEVER want to see a steeler on the cover, madden curse or not something gets in these players heads and makes there play go to hell

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Dang if it is Fitz, I'll have to get it. It would be the 2nd time he's on the EA Cover. He was on the College Cover in 2005 I think the year he went pro and was the runner up for the Heisman. That's right PITT was on the cover of NCAA Football Baby!

I'm still going to get it, no matter who's on the cover. Right now, the last one I got was the one with Alexander on the Cover. The last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl. I play it once in a while and Dominate with Porter on defense and Ben throws the ball great in that version.

Now that WE have won the SB again. Time to upgrade!

pittsburghp8baller
04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Dang if it is Fitz, I'll have to get it. It would be the 2nd time he's on the EA Cover. He was on the College Cover in 2005 I think the year he went pro and was the runner up for the Heisman. That's right PITT was on the cover of NCAA Football Baby!

I'm still going to get it, no matter who's on the cover. Right now, the last one I got was the one with Alexander on the Cover. The last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl. I play it once in a while and Dominate with Porter on defense and Ben throws the ball great in that version.

After buying 09 i said im not gonna waste my money on madden anymore. i know my brother plays it a lot (he is sponsored by some website and gets to play in online tournaments and stuff like that) so if i ever get the urge to play it i know i may be able to grab it off of him every so often.

im more into college football so ill probably get NCAA this year

lilyoder6
04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
too bad for fitz... it's a great honor to have but comes with a price

Steel-Bryan
04-08-2009, 05:22 PM
WAIT ! It might be BEN ! :crying03:

http://maddennfl.easports.com/cover.action

KeiselPower99
04-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Im thinking Adrian Peterson or Fitz. A few years ago Charger fans petioned to keep LT off the cover. We may wanna think about doing the same.

Steel-Bryan
04-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Maybe they shud put Kurt Warner or Kerry Collins :laughing:

Galax Steeler
04-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Noooooooooooo not Troy we don't need the curse.

sixstringlass
04-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Yeah, somebody needs to start a petition to keep Steelers players off the cover. Don't know if I believe in "The Curse," but, better safe than sorry...

X-Terminator
04-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I might just join that petition - I do believe in the curse.. Let's take a look at the last 4 Madden cover boys:

2005 - Shaun Alexander. Coincidence that 2005 was his last good season.
2006 - Mike Vick. Still trying to get out of prison.
2007 - Vince Young. Will "Sybil" even play anymore?
2008 - Brett Favre. The curse may have finally retired him for good.

No Steelers, please.

jev7452
04-09-2009, 08:34 AM
NOOO!! NOT BEN!! the website linked above makes me pretty nervous cause his little paragraph is sure talking him up a lot... I would be quite alright with seeing ed reed on it though:chuckle:

steelreserve
04-09-2009, 11:12 AM
They won't put Ben or Troy on it. They seem to have a fetish for the Super Bowl losers, or else the one guy who had a great year on a mediocre team.

Fitzgerald seems like a wonderful pick to carry on the curse. He's SO poised for a drop-off it's not even funny. It'd be hard for him NOT to disappoint people, since everyone thought he walked on water by the end of last season.

Add to that the fact that his QB is getting way too old, his sidekick Boldin may be out the door, the only running threat they had is probably gone, and poor ol' Fitz may be facing triple-teams all season. It doesn't help that the standard of comparison he faces is the career year he had last season while the whole team was playing out of their minds.

BrandonCarr39
04-09-2009, 07:39 PM
For some reason, I was thinking either Asante Samuel, James Harrison, or Demarcus Ware, why?

B/c quite simply, after years of offensive studs(and, of course, Bill Cowher as NFL Coach one year), I would have thought Madden would choose a DEFENSIVE player for a change.

With the standout year these 3 guys had, I was thinking "NFL Cornerback" OR "NFL Pass Rusher" would have been a great marketing tool by Madden.

KeiselPower99
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Check the Madden 2010 thred under games. I posted a article I found on yahoo about them maybe going with Troy and Fitz.

Godfather
04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
SI likes to get around the problem by doing regional covers so no team gets jinxed. Maybe EA can try that for the Madden series. They could even let people who order online pick whatever player they want for their cover.

Edman
04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Larry-Fitzgerald-and-Troy-Polamalu-to-share-Madd;_ylt=AlYdbqZ1IWKmJcG.lObtj885nYcB?urn=nfl,154 012

I hope they just leave Fitz on it.

And before you ask, yes I believe in the curse.

JackHammer
04-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Do you believe in the SI curse too? The Steelers have shown time and time again that curses don't hurt STEEL.

Steelman16
04-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I would totally organize a fan vote against Troy being on the cover.

Madden isn't a good enough football game to warrant the usage of a STEELERS player on the cover.

Sharkissle29
04-10-2009, 04:44 PM

Madden isn't a good enough football game to warrant the usage of a STEELERS player on the cover.

what are you talking about, madden is awesome

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
what are you talking about, madden is awesome

No, madden sucks balls...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNMl8LMwVJo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNMl8LMwVJo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywzTs9xTtLQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywzTs9xTtLQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RoCFfJ1Wul8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RoCFfJ1Wul8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Duke
04-10-2009, 05:15 PM

:applaudit:

exactly

Now, a cardinals player? give it to them, they actually need it

NEPAsteeler
04-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I was shopping at the FYE store in my local mall today and they had Fitzgerald on their advertisement for Madden 2010. I don't think it means anything, but just some food for thought.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Don't draft Fitz on any of your fantasy teams!!!

IamTheSteelGod
04-11-2009, 10:18 AM
To be honest I don't really want to chance any Steelers being on the Madden cover, when you read through the findings on Wikipedia they don't sound to good.

Dodt
04-11-2009, 03:16 PM
could care less , still playing 2k5.

Dino 6 Rings
04-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Do you believe in the SI curse too? The Steelers have shown time and time again that curses don't hurt STEEL.

The Madden Curse is real.

They Put Cowher on the EA Sports Cover of the Coaching game. We missed the playoffs and he retired.

2000, Barry Sanders on the Cover, then he up and retired before the season.
2001, Eddie George, Least Effected by Curse stats wise. But had a tipped ball in the playoffs run back for a TD by the Ravens to lose the game.
2002, Daunte Culpepper, 4-7 record with a season ending knee injury.
2003, Marshall Faulk, worst season ever, Rams miss playoffs.
2004, Michael Vick...Prison much? Oh and this is the year he broke his leg.
2005, Ray Lewis, torn right hamstring, out for season after week 6.
2006, Donavan McNabb, Sports Hernia, surgery, season over at week 8.
2007, Shaun Alexander, week 3, broken foot, season over.
2008, Vince Young, Head case who is riding the pine.
2009, Brett Favre in a Packers Uniform, what worse thing is there then to end the career as a Jet?

That curse is Real.

Sports Illustrated doesn't have a curse, its a Blessing when we are on the Cover of SI!

Oh, and its on Snopes

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/maddencurse.asp

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
04-20-2009, 05:52 PM
could care less , still playing 2k5.

You and me both!

SteelersMongol
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM

I think U'r right. Only Madden I have is 1 with Alexander on the cover.

They won't put Ben or Troy on it. They seem to have a fetish for the Super Bowl losers, or else the one guy who had a great year on a mediocre team...

:laughing:

Check the Madden 2010 thred under games. I posted a article I found on yahoo about them maybe going with Troy and Fitz.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Not a Troy. Madden is a curse. Didn't our Coach Cowher had sucky year, when they put him on the cover 4 similar game, 2?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
04-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I think it should be Brady, I WOULD LOVE TO TEMPT THE CURSE WITH HIM!!!

Honestly I would like to see Fitzgerald or Brees...

NEPAsteeler
04-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I think it should be Brady, I WOULD LOVE TO TEMPT THE CURSE WITH HIM!!!

Roger Goodell would never let them tempt fate like that! The Commish can't have his favorite golden boy hurt again! :chuckle:

Preacher
04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
With the way a number of people on this board feel about Willie Parker,

I am surprised they aren't clamoring for him to be on the cover.

Steelman16
04-22-2009, 11:24 PM
With the way a number of people on this board feel about Willie Parker,

I am surprised they aren't clamoring for him to be on the cover.

:doh:

No kidding. Might as well get him over with.