PDA

View Full Version : Patriots vs. Broncos: The Thread

Dirtywater
01-09-2006, 01:28 AM
hehe, OK, a little dramatic but I haven't been around in a bit. Seriously though, how do you think the Pats will do?

Basically anything leading up to the game.

Date & Time Favorite NFL Line Underdog Total
1/14 4:30 ET At Seattle -9 Washington 41
1/14 8:00 ET At Denver -3.5 New England 44
1/15 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -9.5 Pittsburgh 47.5
1/15 4:30 ET At Chicago -3 Carolina 30.5

I think the line is about right. I have no idea who will win as of now.

3 to be 4
01-09-2006, 05:17 AM
They were at their most injured and playing at their worst and still managed to stage a comback and only lose 28-20 last time. Belichick almost never loses when he sees a team a second time in a season. Belichick vs Shanahan. Brady vs Plummer.
i have to go with the Patriots.

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 08:08 AM
I really have`nt seen to much of Denver all season! I have a hard time with Jake Plummer being that great! I can see the Pats winning another one, setting the table for a AFCC game in Foxsboro , against the Steelers

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm surprised the Pats even made it this far...and the Bronco's are undefeated at home.

Ambridge
01-09-2006, 11:14 AM
This should be a good chessmatch between Shanahan and Belichick but in the end I believe New England will shut down the Denver running attack and force Jake Plummer to make a costly mistake or two.

New England-21
Denver-17

Prosdo
01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
I think it will be a very close game, but the Pats edge out the Broncos.

Koopa
01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS.

i hope they tear the pats apart. but the bastard pats will probably win

Livinginthe past
01-09-2006, 04:33 PM
LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS.

i hope they tear the pats apart. but the bastard pats will probably win

The trouble with you Koopa is that you are far too subtle - why cant you just make it nice and obvious who you want to win?

NM

Livinginthe past
01-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Im excited about this game - I think the Broncos have truly flown below the radar this whole season.

They have talent both sides of the ball - and just as importantly they have balance on offense.

Balance is important because BB is great at 'taking away' one facet of your game (its one of the reasons we have such a good recent record against the Steelers) - but Plummer has shown himself to capable QB so far this year and hasnt made many mistakes.

Having said all this - Plummer and his whole team have a reputation for underachieving in the playoffs - getting whooped by the Colts last year was just plain embarrassing.

As far as this season goes I dont think they have faced too much adversity - I think Champ Bailey has missed time but I cant think of many other injuries they have suffered - and its how you deal with things when they go wrong that defines how good a playoff team you are.

The Patriots, on the other hand, have faced alot of adversity this year (like most years it seems) and have come through succesfully - I think this will be a big factor.

Also we have the best big game coach in the game - and the best big game QB - and this is a big game - you do the math!

Pats 26 Broncos 21

NM

Brady12
01-09-2006, 06:48 PM
The key to success is shutting down the run, make Jake pass, and we will win. I almost want to guarantee it, but I can't be Broadway Joe on this game.

3 to be 4
01-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Forced Joke of the Week:

The movie of what the Patriots are going to do to the Broncos should be called

BROKEN BACK MOUNTAIN

Get it? In Denver? Rocky Mountains? Movie out with similar name with connected humorous homosexual reference to when one man or group of men inflict degrading humiliation on another man or group of men?

whose with me???? No?

sorry

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
whose the homos? the pats? if so im with you! lol!

do they ride around on elways, i mean horses, in the movie?

3 to be 4
01-09-2006, 08:39 PM
whose the homos? the pats? if so im with you! lol!

do they ride around on elways, i mean horses, in the movie?

sorry. apparently ive done it again :dang: :dang: :dang:

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 07:58 AM
The difference in the Bronc's this year from year's past is how Plummer has gone from being a gunslinger to a reserved and conservative passer. Check it out:

2005 18 TD's 7 INT's
2004 27 TD's 20 INT's
2003 15 TD's 7 INT's (Only played 11 games)
The previous 6 years with the Cards he only had one season where he threw less INT's than TD's.

The moral of the story is that if you take away the running game, Jake is capable of beating you in the passing game, and the Pats weakness is passing D. I think this is what makes the difference in the game Saturday.

augustashark
01-10-2006, 04:31 PM
The difference in the Bronc's this year from year's past is how Plummer has gone from being a gunslinger to a reserved and conservative passer. Check it out:

2005 18 TD's 7 INT's
2004 27 TD's 20 INT's
2003 15 TD's 7 INT's (Only played 11 games)
The previous 6 years with the Cards he only had one season where he threw less INT's than TD's.

The moral of the story is that if you take away the running game, Jake is capable of beating you in the passing game, and the Pats weakness is passing D. I think this is what makes the difference in the game Saturday.

I disagree. The moral of the stroy is Jake never had a running game and a D around him like he has this yr. If Pats shut down running game (IF) then I think it's over and pats will win.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I've decided to do a little research of my own...

Loss to Miami, Jake threw 48 passes, and the Running game had 70 yds. Were never in it.
Loss to Giants, Jake threw 29 passes, and the Running game had 191 yds. Were in it the entire game, Toomer caught a pass with 3 seconds left to win.
Loss to Chiefs, Jake threw 29 passes, and the Running game had 131 yds. Were in it the whole game.
(In the 3 losses, 2 of them they were in it the whole game, and had over 100 yards. In the other loss, they were never in it, and Jake threw Way too many passes, and they didn't rush for 100 yds.)

In wins to SD, Jake threw 51 passes, and the Running game had 255 yds.
In wins to OAK, Jake threw 51 passes, and the Running game had 276 yds.
In 1-1 vs KC, Jake threw 47 passes, and the Running Game had 352 yds.

In all other wins, Jake threw 206 passes, and the Running game has 1225 yds.

I found out that when the Broncos struggled, or barely won, they had to pass a whole lot, and didn't really use the rush. When they lost and were in it, or played good, they rushed more and passed less.

If they shut dow nthe run right away, and don't give the Broncos a chance, they should win, unless the Pats O plays horribly.

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I disagree. The moral of the stroy is Jake never had a running game and a D around him like he has this yr. If Pats shut down running game (IF) then I think it's over and pats will win.

I don't get it...now that he HAS a running game, and a defense, he can't win???

Actually, 12, those numbers would have me even more worried if I was a Pats fan...it proves that Denver can pass if they have to and win, and also have the potential to take over a game with their running attack.

Koopa
01-10-2006, 07:30 PM
LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS, LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

3 to be 4
01-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Brrrrady Braaaaddy Brraaaddddyy

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm looking forward to this game. Should be a good one.

Koopa
01-10-2006, 08:57 PM
the only way this game is good is if the broncos score more points then the damn pats

3 to be 4
01-10-2006, 08:59 PM
here we come. one game away. from another championship game.
Brrraaaaaadddy

Livinginthe past
01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
The Bronco's are rightly favorites for this one.

They certainly look a good match for the Patriots on paper.

However, the Pats seem to have that playoff X-Factor that gives them the edge in close games - whether its Brady or a special D effort they just seem to get it done.

I have a great deal of faith in this team - I believed in them when they were 4-4 and getting stomped on - why should I stop now?

NM

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
You shouldn't...I'm just interested to see how you deal with the loss....

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 08:02 AM

Really? What are your predictions, out of interest?

You think ill stop posting here if the Pats dont make it to the SB?

Maybe ill start laying out a load of smack based on the last few Steeler v Patriots playoffs games?

Do enlighten me Prof. Suitanim.

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 08:17 AM
Just curious, since no one here has ever seen Pats fans after a playoff loss...it's a legitimate observation.

Sorry you took it so personally...

As for my prediction, I have

Washington @ Seattle
Seattle 46

Pats @ Denver
Denver 60

Carolina @ Chicago
Carolina 34

Pittsburgh @ Indy
(Homer pick) Pittsburgh 64

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Just curious, since no one here has ever seen Pats fans after a playoff loss...it's a legitimate observation.

Sorry you took it so personally...

As for my prediction, I have

Washington @ Seattle
Seattle 46

Pats @ Denver
Denver 60

Carolina @ Chicago
Carolina 34

Pittsburgh @ Indy
(Homer pick) Pittsburgh 64

Very Good Suit,

Ill tell you where I began to take it personally shall I?

Right about there I think - right after you asked me how I would feel about it.....unless of course you were asking the patriots fanbase in general - and you just happened to ask right after my previous post....life is one big co-incidence I guess ha ha!

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 01:45 PM
When I said "personally, it was a euphemism for you getting your panties bunched up, and starting in with the sarcasm again.