PDA

View Full Version : So, Remember those tapes that the Pats were allowed to destroy?

revefsreleets
04-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Arlen Specter was on Stern's show today, and said there was strong evidence that the Pats had somehow obtained the Steelers plays. Not sure if it was linked to those tapes (which allowing the Pats to destroy was straight up bullshit by the way) or not, but it still explains a lot, doesn't it?

Dino 6 Rings
04-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Arlen Specter was on Stern's show today, and said there was strong evidence that the Pats had somehow obtained the Steelers plays. Not sure if it was linked to those tapes (which allowing the Pats to destroy was straight up bullshit by the way) or not, but it still explains a lot, doesn't it?

Kind of sad really. But whatever, they can Play Joey Porter twice a year for the next 3 or 4 seasons and see how funny he thinks it is.

Dino 6 Rings
04-10-2009, 12:32 PM

wait a second, does he mean Offensive Plays and not just Defensive Signals?

fansince'76
04-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Not much we can do about it now. :noidea:

St33lersguy
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Just goes to show you the patriots are a bunch of frauds, nothing they have accomplished this decade is legit, they can't beat the Steelers without cheating, & :sign11:

devilsdancefloor
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
wait a second, does he mean Offensive Plays and not just Defensive Signals?

i can remember hines saying "it was like they knew what we where running" so bet there was some kind of offense involved.

revefsreleets
04-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Point being, they cheated, and no one will ever know just how deep the rabbit hole went.

Assuming they can't cheat anymore, 10-6 next year, maybe 11-5. They still have some talent, so...

tony hipchest
04-10-2009, 06:10 PM
AP- Shipment of illegal Patriot tapes arrive at NFL Offices in New York for review

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/Cargo-Ship650.jpg

Godfather
04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
i can remember hines saying "it was like they knew what we where running" so bet there was some kind of offense involved.

I dunno...the QB has a radio in his helmet so there shouldn't have been any signals for them to steal. I figured Spygate was more about taping defensive signals.

HometownGal
04-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Not much we can do about it now. :noidea:

You're right, unfortunately. The evidence is long gone, Beliprick* and Kraft got their hands slapped and that was the end of it.

SteelersMongol
04-10-2009, 08:33 PM

I dunno...the QB has a radio in his helmet so there shouldn't have been any signals for them to steal. I figured Spygate was more about taping defensive signals.

Hines probably meant it as a DEF or a whole team, when he said "we".

AP- Shipment of illegal Patriot tapes arrive at NFL Offices in New York for review

:laughing: :thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-11-2009, 05:40 AM
It doesn't matter, Specter needs to just let it go, IMHO.

The Steelers aren't getting two more AFC Championships and the Eagles aren't getting awarded a Super Bowl.

In the court of public opinion, those three Lombardi Trophies are tarnished to the point they cannot be cleaned. Nobody will ever know how deep the cheating truly went. And the Patriots will be looked at by everyone who isn't a fan of them as frauds.

Muppet13
04-11-2009, 06:44 AM

Nice!!!

Galax Steeler
04-11-2009, 07:53 AM
They will always have the astrick by there team. We all know they are cheaters.

SteelCurtain7
04-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Where's our resident defender* of all things Cheatriots*, The Cheatriot*?

SMR
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM
They will always have the astrick by there team. We all know they are cheaters.

"astrick" what...oh do you mean "asterisk"? Not being mean or anything just wanting to make sure.

vasteeler
04-14-2009, 10:44 AM
"astrick" what...oh do you mean "asterisk"? Not being mean or anything just wanting to make sure.

Grammer police...........LAME:doh:

stlrtruck
04-14-2009, 10:54 AM

Isn't that preacher's job anyway? :applaudit:

The_WARDen
04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
this sounds alot like Seachicken crying....

:noidea:

The Patriot
04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Where's our resident defender* of all things Cheatriots*, The Cheatriot*?

He died.

revefsreleets
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM
It does have to be tough being forced to defend the indefensible.

T&B fan
04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
alright alright already stop with all the oh the Pats are cheaters boo hoo they destroyed the tapes we need to know what was on them ....

if you just forget all about it it will go away and that is what the NFL is hopeing for ,everyone to just move on ...

but I here yea it dos p___ me off too .

Preacher
04-15-2009, 07:35 PM

Isn't that preacher's job anyway? :applaudit:

Um, that would be spelling police, not grammar police. However, when changing thought within a sentence, it is best to separate with punctuation. In the above sentence, a semicolon would be best.

:chuckle:

Wait for it

Wait for it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6Y3Zpc38DQo/Scub6TBZo4I/AAAAAAAAAPQ/1lOKSomzDYQ/s320/Grammar+Police.png:rofl:

The Patriot
04-17-2009, 08:26 AM
It does have to be tough being forced to defend the indefensible.

What qualifies as "indefensible" is relative. On the Seahawks boards, I'm sure, the legitimacy of the Steelers recent super bowls qualifies as "the indefensible" (as absurd as it may seem). In fact, some of the most factual, logical, well put together arguments cannot stand up to the incessant "Nah-ah!". And when it comes to something as inconclusive and interpretable as the extent of the advantageousness of a rule violation, then everyone's opinion is equally legitimate and equally indefensible.

fansince'76
04-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Funny, I don't remember any record fines being levied against the Steelers for the wins in SB XL and SB XLIII that are only "disputed" by a bunch of crybabies who don't understand the rules of the game.

SteelCurtain7
04-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Cheatriots* fan owned, yet again!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt:

MACH1
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't recall the Steelers with a camera man on the opponents sideline stealing signals.Why is it that the Steelers home communications seem to work during the whole game and not "cutting out" at inopportune times for the opponent.

revefsreleets
04-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, in fact, the officials themselves came out and said their calls, after careful review, were legit. The league issued no apologies. There is not even any smoke, let alone fire,other than sour grapes from some fans who know little about football. Seattle whining <<< Patriots caught, covered for, and still heavily penalized...

You're gonna have to do a little better than that, Patfan...

The Patriot
04-17-2009, 07:42 PM
I wasn't comparing Spygate to Crygate. I was just giving an example of opposing viewpoints. The Pats broke the rule, but I believe that when you see the other team, the other team sees you. And anything you put up in the air, the other team interprets. And so it's fitting, in a time where near everybody has a camera-phone in their pocket, that a rule that allows you to view something but also prohibits you from filming it, was so poorly enforced for the past seven years.

I respect the rule, but I'm tired of hearing the incident construed to sound like the Pats were filming something they weren't allowed to see.

MACH1
04-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I wasn't comparing Spygate to Crygate. I was just giving an example of opposing viewpoints. The Pats broke the rule, but I believe that when you see the other team, the other team sees you. And anything you put up in the air, the other team interprets. And so it's fitting, in a time where near everybody has a camera-phone in their pocket, that a rule that allows you to view something but also prohibits you from filming it, was so poorly enforced for the past seven years.

I respect the rule, but I'm tired of hearing the incident construed to sound like the Pats were filming something they weren't allowed to see.

Like the other teams final walk throughs before the SB.

The Patriot
04-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Like the other teams final walk throughs before the SB.

Only in the mind of a desperate Boston Globe sportswriter on the verge of being fired.

Preacher
04-17-2009, 08:07 PM

That is NOT the point however. The point is the fact that they filmed the signals AND filmed the plays... then matched them up and used that to ILLEGALLY get an edge.

Or should I remind you of that stat that was trumpeted so often, "Billicheat's Patriots do not lose to a team twice in the same year."

Yeah, I wonder why? :doh:

The Patriot
04-17-2009, 08:56 PM
That is NOT the point however. The point is the fact that they filmed the signals AND filmed the plays... then matched them up and used that to ILLEGALLY get an edge.

Or should I remind you of that stat that was trumpeted so often, "Billicheat's Patriots do not lose to a team twice in the same year."

Yeah, I wonder why? :doh:

Yes, apart from the 2006 Colts and 2005 Broncos, the Patriots rarely lose to a team twice in one season. But curiously, the 2008 Jets, 2007 Giants, 2006 Dolphins & Jets, 2005 Dolphins, 2004 Dolphins, and 2002 Jets all beat the Patriots in their second match ups after losing the first. So, either teams naturally change over the course of a season, or Spygate allowed the Patriots' opponents an unfair advantage.

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 08:48 AM
There is also evidence that the Pats:

-Intercepted opposing teams radio signals (blatant cheating)
-Had the opposing teams actual PLAYS (blatant cheating), which means they must've been stolen.
-And, as we all now know, had the opposing teams signals, via videotaping.

I'm actually anxious to see Brady in action on a level playing field. All I know is I ain't taking him for my fantasy team this year...as for Belichick, we know what his coaching abilities are when he's not cheating. He was 36-44 in Cleveland.

The Patriot
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
There is also evidence that the Pats:

-Intercepted opposing teams radio signals (blatant cheating)
-Had the opposing teams actual PLAYS (blatant cheating), which means they must've been stolen.
-And, as we all now know, had the opposing teams signals, via videotaping.

I'm actually anxious to see Brady in action on a level playing field. All I know is I ain't taking him for my fantasy team this year...as for Belichick, we know what his coaching abilities are when he's not cheating. He was 36-44 in Cleveland.

Yeah, let's make an assessment of Brady's career based off his immediate return from a year long MCL/ACL injury. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah, let's make an assessment of Brady's career based off his immediate return from a year long MCL/ACL injury. :rolleyes:

can anyone say "daunte culpepper/carson palmer"?

:wave:

and lets face it, tom "6 years on the injury report" brady is a walking/ talking vagina when compared to the the likes of the other 2.

revefsreleets
04-22-2009, 08:17 AM

Hmmmm...what might have the bigger impact on his performance? His injury, or not knowing the oppositions defensive plays anymore?

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out...but ultimately I'm happy, because it WILL end badly for the Patriots...

The Patriot
04-22-2009, 11:05 AM
can anyone say "daunte culpepper/carson palmer"?

:wave:

and lets face it, tom "6 years on the injury report" brady is a walking/ talking vagina when compared to the the likes of the other 2.

YOU! - Can't! - BEAT! - Him! - Stomp - Stomp - Stompstompstomp!

:grin:

SteelersMongol
04-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Only in the mind of a desperate Boston Globe sportswriter on the verge of being fired.

Do U need not so desperate sportswriter? I'll introduce U 2 Mr. Tum Limber. :wink02: Enter the (self claimed) Living Legend!

http://fishki_net.users.photofile.ru/photo/fishki_net/3709139/83612782.jpg

His name is actually Tim something, but it sounds way better as Mr.Tum Limber. :chuckle:

BTW, Here I thought U were gone as in ... :wink02:

revefsreleets
04-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Lumber is too heady and cerebral for the Boston fans. He's also not racist enough...

The Patriot
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Lumber is too heady and cerebral for the Boston fans. He's also not racist enough...

We don't like demagogues either.