PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish

FearTroy43
04-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Apparently the Bills are shopping roscoe parrish, due to having too many receivers (9) on their team. They obviously just signed TO, drafted hardy in first round last year and have lee evans. Due to the emergence of leodis mckelvin as a returner, parrish is likely not to play nearly as much...is this where the steelers jump in and make an offer? i sure hope so. he is a dangerous returner, something we really need. He is still young, only 26, and can be a huge upgrade at returner for us. he would also be pretty cheap i think maybe a 5th rounder at most. his salary for the next few years is barely over 1 million too, so all signs look good. make the move colbert

fansince'76
04-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Hate to waste a roster spot on a guy who can only return kicks and isn't really effective at anything else.

NJarhead
04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Hate to waste a roster spot on a guy who can only return kicks and isn't really effective at anything else.

Or a pick. If he were to be released and could be had on the cheap, I'd probably be a little interested, but having to give up anything more than a roster spot? Nope.

steelerdave1969
04-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I wouldnt mind giving up a roster spot for someone that Just Returns Kicks. I dont know if Roscoe is the one that I would do it for, but it is a very important part of the game to set up your offense with good field position. But there will be alot of players available after the draft that can come in and return punts and kicks.

St33lersguy
04-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Or a pick. If he were to be released and could be had on the cheap, I'd probably be a little interested, but having to give up anything more than a roster spot? Nope.

:iagree:

SunshineMan21
04-10-2009, 03:50 PM

I would give up a roster spot for him in a heartbeart, but IMO he isn't worth a draft pick.

steelreserve
04-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, why trade anything for him when he's just going to be cut anyway.

Any team that goes around announcing they're trying to trade someone -- other than a superstar -- is shooting themselves in the foot and seriously jeopardizing what they'll get in return, if you ask me.

Vincent
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
We don't need midgets. We already have the kid from the CFL.

I think this should be the year for big uglies. The CB prospects are so-so.

Steelman16
04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Parrish isn't worth anything IMO. Reminds me of Willie Reid.

Galax Steeler
04-11-2009, 08:14 AM
If he is just a return man I say no.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Where are all the posters with their "its not the Steeler way" replies??

Parrish would be a nice addition, but I hate the idea of giving up anything to get a #4 WR and return guy. Maybe a 6th round pick if his contract isnt too big........but I doubt it happens.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
And maybe if he takes care of the ball, he can help nullify our thin wide receiver corps.

Ward, Holmes, Sweed isnt what I really consider "thin WR corps". Its not like the Steelers went 4 WR deep much at all last season........or any since '95.