PDA

View Full Version : Kimo's hit (Let's get this settled and move on)

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 07:46 AM
This is a quote from Willie Anderson, current Bengal player and ex-teammate of Kimo's. Unless you currently know Kimo better than he does, accept this quote, and shut your yapper about "Cheap shots"

"I know Kimo. He's not a dirty player," Anderson said of von Oelhoffen, who played for the Bengals from 1994-99 before moving to Pittsburgh for the chance to become a starter. "Guys were infuriated, but your first reaction is to defend your player. It wasn't a dirty play."

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/13580824.htm

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 07:57 AM
I can see the players being upset at first! But then the professional thing to do was get over it , and circle around Kitna! Even Kitna said he thought it wasn`t a dirty hit, saying that he knows Kimo, and there is no way Kimo plays that style.

FisherMOM
01-09-2006, 07:59 AM
nice read! Live CleveStinks said...

I mean geesh.. Tony Dungy didnt miss a game after his son died.
They all have a job to do.. sadly... the world doesn't stop for things like this.

JustaFan
01-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Just an unfortunate injury. Nothing illegal or malicious about it.

In his post game interview, John Kitna maid very similar comments to those of Willie Anderson

Ambridge
01-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Of the few post game shows I've seen the Unaminous call among former pro players and knowledgeable analysts is that it was not an intentional play or hit.

Bengal fans need to just accept it and leave it at that.

Avoid Lloyd
01-09-2006, 08:40 AM
http://nflfans.com/bengalstalk/forum.php?az=show_mesg&forum=100&thread_id=70459&mesg_id=70459&page=

This is the kind of crap we can look forward to for the next couple of years. Some of the comments in this thread are from people who don't deserve to breathe the same air as the Bengals fan on this board.

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 08:43 AM
http://nflfans.com/bengalstalk/forum.php?az=show_mesg&forum=100&thread_id=70459&mesg_id=70459&page=

This is the kind of crap we can look forward to for the next couple of years. Some of the comments in this thread are from people who don't deserve to breathe the same air as the Bengals fan on this board.

Where in God's name did you find that POS board? It's got 1997 written all over it...

melroseplace
01-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I think you need to share that with Bengals fans more than you do with us..

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I think you need to share that with Bengals fans more than you do with us..

You mean post it at their boards? I just posted it here for "our" Bengals fans...

BB2W
01-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Bengals fans are totally over reacting to this... here is a quote from our old friend The Wretched Mass.

"WATCH THE VIDEO, AFTER KIMO HAS CARSON BY THE LEG HE JERKS HIS LEFT SHOULDER BACK, SNAPPING HIS KNEE."

:screwy:

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Bengals fans are totally over reacting to this... here is a quote from our old friend The Wretched Mass.

"WATCH THE VIDEO, AFTER KIMO HAS CARSON BY THE LEG HE JERKS HIS LEFT SHOULDER BACK, SNAPPING HIS KNEE."

:screwy:

I hate to say it, but that is really, really funny...it reminds me of the crazy conspiracy theorists who say that Jackie shot JFK.

BB2W
01-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Here's another ridiculous quote from Bengalville...

"I think that Cohwer and von Oelhossen planned a hit if they could get to Palmer. The look over to the Steeler Bench after the hit gives me that impression. It was like "Hey coach, I did it, Okay?"

soniczilla
01-09-2006, 10:19 AM
For the record T.J. Douchemanzadeh said twice, in the same sentence, that it was both a dirty hit and not a dirty hit.

I hate that ****er so much.

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 10:21 AM
"I think that Cohwer and von Oelhossen planned a hit if they could get to Palmer. The look over to the Steeler Bench after the hit gives me that impression. It was like "Hey coach, I did it, Okay?"

Stop it...you're killing me over here! What's next, Space Aliens? Bat Boy? Just how deep does the conspiracy run?

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 10:23 AM
It's all starting to make sense now...

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/781/vader40cu.jpg

DIESELMAN
01-09-2006, 10:32 AM
INJURIES HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IN THE NFL WHETHER ITS TO THEIR STARS OR PLAYERS YOU NEVER HEARD OF.ITS A SHAME IT HAPPENED WHEN IT HAPPENED(PLAYOFFS)BUT YOU CAN TELL A TEAMS TRUE CHARACTER ON HOW WELL THEY HANDLE ADVERSITY....THE STEELERS ARE THE CLASS ACT OF THE NFL THEIR IS NO WAY IN HELL KIMO LAID A CHEAP SHOT ON PALMER(THEY WERE TEAM MATES AT USC AND POLAMALU WAS HIS ROOM MATE) AND YOU COULD TELL BY HIS REACTION AFTER HE SEEN PALMER LAYING ON THE GROUND...HE WAS MISERABLE!!! AND FOR COWHER TO REGRET THAT IT HAPPENED AND SHOW SYMPATHY FOR PALMER SHOWS HOW MUCH OF A CLASS ACT THE STEELERS ARE.

Interceptor
01-09-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't think he did that intentionally. With Kimo's momentum and Steinbech's push down, how do you stop 250+ pounds from falling at that angle?

DIESELMAN
01-09-2006, 10:37 AM
ONE MORE THING.......TO ALL YOU BENGAL FANS OUT THERE....QUIT OVER REACTING.....YOU'VE GOT 2 CHOICES...1.SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE REALLY MADE OF AND MEET US IN THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR or 2.SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR NEXT WINNING RECORD!!!!!

Interceptor
01-09-2006, 10:42 AM
ONE MORE THING.......TO ALL YOU BENGAL FANS OUT THERE....QUIT OVER REACTING.....YOU'VE GOT 2 CHOICES...1.SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE REALLY MADE OF AND MEET US IN THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR or 2.SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR NEXT WINNING RECORD!!!!!
I hope it's the former and not the latter. :smile:

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 10:42 AM
lmao at darth and "batboy"

BigCat
01-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't think the Bengal fans are over reacting at all. I mean everyone here pissed and moan everytime Ben got hit. You *****ed about the hit Castillo made on him, yet it was the same type of play that happened to Palmer. And you complained when Odell Thurman hit him in the knees. Later to find ou that one of your lineman missed him and stuck his leg out to trip him into Rochinberger.
So, no, Bengal fans aren't overreacting.

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 10:48 AM
This isn't overreacting?

How about this?

SteelerFanInCA
01-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't think he did that intentionally. With Kimo's momentum and Steinbech's push down, how do you stop 250+ pounds from falling at that angle?
Good call man. You can't do anything about gravity taking it's course.

Avoid Lloyd
01-09-2006, 10:49 AM
You're a sad type of person.

It was an accident. Perhaps you would have won with Palmer in there, perhaps not. Deal with it.

See ya next year.

DIESELMAN
01-09-2006, 10:59 AM
I hope it's the former and not the latter. :smile:

RIGHT ON BRO......THIS COULD BE A REALLY GOOD RIVALRY FOR YEARS TO COME

Grey
01-09-2006, 04:04 PM
This is a quote from Willie Anderson, current Bengal player and ex-teammate of Kimo's. Unless you currently know Kimo better than he does, accept this quote, and shut your yapper about "Cheap shots"

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/13580824.htm

Yup. Well said. EVERYTHING shows that it was an accident and EVERYONE without Bungle bias agrees. It is a complete non-issue. I would like to hear Marvin Lewis say that, because it might help Bungles fans to move on. Unfortunately, Lewis wouldn't say that it was an accident yesterday, instead he talked around the questions and told the reporters to stop asking about the play (before he said Ben was "whining and crying"). That's all okay for Lewis yesterday, when he hadn't gotten a good look at the video, but I'd like to see him address the issue today or tomorrow, then it could be put to rest.

Here we go.
Grey

Stlrs4Life
01-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Let them say what they want, Kimo didn't injure him purposely. Ben took the same hit. And Odell didn't try to hurt Ben.

CantStop85
01-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Uuuummm...Are you sure the bengals fans are overreacting and not the Steelers fans? I mean, I don't know how many steelers posts I've seen complaining about us *****ing about it being a cheap shot, yet I've only seen one bengals fan on here who thinks it was a cheap shot...you guys are arguing at no one; it's like seeing Elton John looking at a playboy...it just don't make any sense. :blurp:

bengalsfan21
01-09-2006, 09:26 PM

Or 3 pass you up for the AFCN and watch your players cry bc they didn't make it to the playoffs.

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Or 3 pass you up for the AFCN

i thought the bengals did that this year.:sofunny:

bengalsfan21
01-09-2006, 09:32 PM
i thought the bengals did that this year.:sofunny:

We did I doubt we will meet again for a while in the playoffs.

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 09:55 PM

your not expecting a ravens or chargers style flop for the bengals are you? steelers will be there. they have always been a permanent fixture in the playoffs. you should know that.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 10:04 PM
I spent alot of time last nite over at the bengals board.. there are some that are going off about this and others that actually realize it was nothing more than an unfortunate injury and purely an accident.

PERIOD>

Avoid Lloyd
01-09-2006, 10:41 PM

YAWN.

Enjoy watching the Steelers this weekend.

hmmmmmmmm
01-09-2006, 11:01 PM
At first I thought it coulda been a dirty play just because he not only hit him in the knee but he held on to his leg as he was falling and it looked like Carsons foot was stuck under his body till he let the hell go......(it was alot worse then when Ben got hit and everyone yelled foul play). Then I thought well stuff happens fast on the field and it was just a natural reaction I guess..... you dont have much time to think and he couldnt tell if Carson released the ball already or not

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Then I thought well stuff happens fast on the field and it was just a natural reaction I guess..... you dont have much time to think and he couldnt tell if Carson released the ball already or not

well said dude ! :tt:

bengalsfan21
01-10-2006, 05:46 AM
YAWN.

Enjoy watching the Steelers this weekend.

I should sense your season will be over as well this weekend......I guess we could start saying "Here we choke steelers here we choke"

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 08:16 AM
I should sense your season will be over as well this weekend......I guess we could start saying "Here we choke steelers here we choke"

And how'd that work out for the Bengals last week? And how is it possible for the Steelers to choke on the road against the team with the best record in football as 9 point dogs?

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 09:13 AM
its funny how fans of teams like the bengals, browns, ravens (teams that are used to choking away whole seasons and drafts) are so quick to cry "choke" any time the steelers lose a game. it is flattering to know they expect us to win every game though and anytime we dont its a choke. quite complimentary actually.

Avoid Lloyd
01-10-2006, 09:32 AM
We're playing the best team in the NFL on the road...

You just lost at home to the #6 seed...

What were you saying about choking?

Grey
01-10-2006, 10:27 AM

Exactly.

BF21, everything you are saying is just foolish. I wish you better luck next year.

Here we go. :tt:
Grey

DIESELMAN
01-10-2006, 02:25 PM

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!! LETS SEE........#2 SPOT UP FOR GRABS....HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE AND A WEEK OFF UP FOR GRABS AND THEY "CHOKE" TO THE WORTHLESS BILLS AT HOME.....THEN THEY ROLL OVER ON THE CHIEFS LIKE THEY WERE 4-12 AGAIN(LMAO)......(COUGH,COUGH,GAG,GAG)

CantStop85
01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
RIGHT ON BROTHER!!! LETS SEE........#2 SPOT UP FOR GRABS....HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE AND A WEEK OFF UP FOR GRABS AND THEY "CHOKE" TO THE WORTHLESS BILLS AT HOME.....THEN THEY ROLL OVER ON THE CHIEFS LIKE THEY WERE 4-12 AGAIN(LMAO)......(COUGH,COUGH,GAG,GAG)
Cough Cough Caps Lock Cough Cough

Where's Brandenberg, Kentucky? I live in Kentucky and I've never heard of it before in my life. :bouncy:

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM

Where's Brandenberg, Kentucky? I live in Kentucky and I've never heard of it before in my life. :bouncy:

lol. while were at it, wheres KENTUCKY???????

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-10-2006, 08:26 PM
how about what the coach said about Ben crying???

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the caps lock is getting a little annoying...

DIESELMAN
01-10-2006, 08:37 PM

its 5 minutes from Ft. Knox and 20 minutes from Louisville.........where you at in Ky?

DIESELMAN
01-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, the caps lock is getting a little annoying...

just curious....whats the big deal with the caps lock?

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 09:15 PM
just curious....whats the big deal with the caps lock?

How many other people do you see doing it here? Or anywhere? It's considered as screaming in the world of the internet...

rickmastfan67
01-11-2006, 02:55 AM
Uuuummm...Are you sure the bengals fans are overreacting and not the Steelers fans? I mean, I don't know how many steelers posts I've seen complaining about us *****ing about it being a cheap shot, yet I've only seen one bengals fan on here who thinks it was a cheap shot...you guys are arguing at no one; it's like seeing Elton John looking at a playboy...it just don't make any sense. :blurp:

Well, personally, I know one Bengal fan at another board that said it was a dirty more. Here's the link to that post. (http://www.carl-long.com/smf/index.php?topic=1210.msg21586#msg21586) Personally, I've only seen the replay once, maybe twice. No dirty move. You can't blame gravity. Especially with 250+ pounds of man rolling at ya.

DIESELMAN
01-11-2006, 09:16 AM
How many other people do you see doing it here? Or anywhere? It's considered as screaming in the world of the internet...

Just wanted to apologize for the caps lock,wasn't trying to come across as screaming or anything,just got caught up in the win and the thread.......

CantStop85
01-11-2006, 07:43 PM
its 5 minutes from Ft. Knox and 20 minutes from Louisville.........where you at in Ky?
Danville...less than an hour from Lexington. I don't know the cities near Louisville very well.

Thanks for the negative rep by the way, I appreciated it. "we stopped 85 3 times and made him cry lol"