PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tornadoes

SteelersGirlTN7
04-10-2009, 11:08 PM
This afternoon, several tornadoes ravaged Murfreesboro, TN, which is about 30 mi or so outside of Nashville. Some entire neighborhoods were demolished.. There is also other serious widespread damage. One of the nurses where I work had a family store leveled, and lost everything. Sadly, there have been some reported deaths. Known right now, are a 20 something woman and her 9 week old baby; they were either going to the car or from it, in her own driveway, in an effort to escape the storm. There were also others who were injured to different degrees. Thankfully, injuries are far less than there could have been, with the amount of damage;. .

This is the 2nd time in about 2 weeks we've had tornado evacuations where I work, it's looking to be a rough season! Below are some links to more information. Keep these folks in your thoughts!

http://dnj.com/

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=85074&nav=menu374_2

stlrtruck
04-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I pray you will be able to remain safe and that you have been free from harm.

Dino 6 Rings
04-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Praying for you folks...I'm in North West Arkansas and that stuff blew south of us, hit Mena though pretty hard.

God Bless.

Galax Steeler
04-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Hang in there we will be thinking about everyone.

HometownGal
04-11-2009, 07:42 AM
That is just devastating. I will definitely keep these people in my thoughts and prayers.

SteelCityMan786
04-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Prayers to those affected in Tennessee from Hollidaysburg

St33lersguy
04-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Good luck & I hope you guys make it through this tough time

kittenfantastico76
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I heard about the storms/tornadoes in Murfressboro from my boyfriend. We've been having the same warnings/watches etc here in North Alabama as well. We aren't far, my boyfriend used to live there. Please keep your self safe sweetie, and I will continue to pray for this horrible storm season to ease up on all of us.

Being from the East Coast I've never truly had to deal with tornadoes (we have them in MD every once in a blue moon). I'm still not accustomed to it and I can't tend to relax at all when a thunder storm happens here. I used to LOVE summer storms, now I just get nervous and tend to not be able to sleep when one comes through at 3 am (I always make my boyfriend jump up and check weather.com). Don't get me started on experiencing the TORNADO SIREN downtown for the first time... it literally made me think of WWII type stuff... HIT THE DECK! Freaks me out EVERY time it goes off!

BE SAFE, BE SMART and please let us ever know if you need anything!!! oxox