PDA

View Full Version : Billsí Whitner zapped, arrested in Cleveland melee

Steelman16
04-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Bills’ Whitner zapped, arrested in Cleveland melee

By KANTELE FRANKO, Associated Press Writer 31 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—Cleveland police say Buffalo Bills defensive back Donte (DAWN’-tay) Whitner has been shocked with a stun gun and arrested by officers trying to control a rowdy crowd outside a nightclub.

Lt. Thomas Stacho says the 23-year-old was jailed early Saturday for aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest but hasn’t been charged.

The former Ohio State player has been released. A prosecutor will decide whether to file charges.

Police say they shocked and handcuffed Whitner outside the downtown House of Blues when he forced his way past them and then broke free from officers trying to restrain him.

Whitner says in a statement he regrets the incident. He’s the third Bills player to run into trouble with the law this year.

A Bills spokesman says the team won’t comment until it has more information.

AP Sports Writer John Wawrow contributed to this report from Buffalo, N.Y.

TO influence? Or was it the unhealthy choice of being in Cleveland? :chuckle:

:coffee:

Fire Haley
04-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Drunken bar brawl?

I bet a woman was involved.

BrandonCarr39
04-11-2009, 09:23 PM
TO influence? Or was it the unhealthy choice of being in Cleveland? :chuckle:

:coffee:

First Lynch, now this guy...yeah - I was wondering if the TO curse has already taken into effect...:coffee:

devilsdancefloor
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Drunken bar brawl?

im willing to bet your pay check it was:flap::tt03:

Galax Steeler
04-12-2009, 07:20 AM
If they don't watch they will catch the Bungholes in arrests.

XxKnightxX
04-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Wow, and participating in Play 60 made him look so innocent...:shake01:

Yeah he seemed so "Kid" friendly, haha nice front. And rowdy on a blues Club? I was just in one in Hoboken NJ last Tuesday and we got the worst possible attitudes in all of the bars around the Tri state area lol.

revefsreleets
04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
The scuttlebutt is that he heard one of his friends or relatives was involved in a dispute and he came to his rescue. He said "This is not how I normally behave and I'm very embarrassed and sorry about it".

As far as I know, Whitner has been a model citizen in the past.

The_WARDen
04-13-2009, 11:13 AM
First Lynch, now this guy...yeah - I was wondering if the TO curse has already taken into effect...:coffee:

as much as TO is a knuckle head, he doesn't get into criminal trouble off the field...I don't think this can be pinned on him although Disney will surely try...

Stlrs4Life
04-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Drunken bar brawl?

No doubt, or drugs.

steelwall
04-14-2009, 01:18 AM
TO's allready getting mad he's not in the spotlight like his teamates are. He'll probably go rob a bank now to get...me....me...me...back in the limelight.

fansince'76
04-14-2009, 09:20 AM
as much as TO is a knuckle head, he doesn't get into criminal trouble off the field...I don't think this can be pinned on him although Disney will surely try...

Yep, T.O. is a jackass, but at least he's always been a law-abiding jackass up to now. And yes, Disney Channel II will work T.O. into the story somehow, more than likely.