PDA

View Full Version : Browns trading Quinn AND Braylon?

Fire Haley
04-12-2009, 10:13 AM
According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/browns-looking-to-make-a-splash/

--------------------------------------------

The Mankok regime is going wild.

Browns fans will have a stroke.

KeiselPower99
04-12-2009, 10:30 AM
WOW. I wonder if its the Broncos that want Quinn?

xfl2001fan
04-12-2009, 11:35 AM
This is wonderful. You see, we've been in constant rebuilding since Modell stole the team from us 10+ years ago...I was really just hoping that we would go through this again.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Lerners aren't the missing link between Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones and Al Davis.

Fire Haley
04-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Mangini must really hate Quinn.

The Dawg pound is having a conniption fit.

Steelman16
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
So how many original '08 Browns are even left on the team? :laughing:

Mangini is a joke so far.

fansince'76
04-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Mangini is a joke so far.

Another shining example of the "Belichick Coaching Tree." :rolleyes:

lilyoder6
04-12-2009, 02:45 PM
the browns.. could get some good picks for both players.. they could end up with a lot of good picks and draft some good players... unless they screw it up.. which is possibly

devilsdancefloor
04-12-2009, 03:02 PM
wow Magina must really like anderson! ManKok showing that they are a brain trust worthy of the stains

xfl2001fan
04-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Actually, Mangini may not like either Anderson or Quinn...but feels he can get more value for Quinn than he could for Anderson.

tony hipchest
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
i dont think mangina likes anyone besides brady and favre.

i wonder who the next young patriot coach or intern is that will inherit an actual professional football team to screw up.

just think brownies...

you coulda actually had jon gruden who likes and will work with just about any qb.

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Wait a second... how's this any different than a Florio posting? :huh:

Interesting...

Edwards is certainly worth a first round pick.

If the Browns can get a first round pick for Quinn they should pull the trigger immediately.

Looks like trading away all those first day draft picks finally caught up to the Brownies...

I still don't understand how you trade away your only legitimate offensive weapon.

St33lersguy
04-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Let's hope Mangidiot trades Quinn leaving the Clowns with worthless piece of crap Derek Andersuck

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Ever think that trading Quinn could lead to the Browns taking either Stafford or Sanchez.

Browns fans are not happy. They want Quinn.

Hahahahahaha....all those losers that bought Quinn jerseys might have just wasted their money!

SteelCityMan786
04-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Ever think that trading Quinn could lead to the Browns taking either Stafford or Sanchez.

Browns fans are not happy. They want Quinn.

Hahahahahaha....all those losers that bought Quinn jerseys might have just wasted their money!

They won't be able to get Stafford unless the Lions take another Wide Receiver like they do ever year it seems.

xfl2001fan
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
just think brownies...

you coulda actually had jon gruden who likes and will work with just about any qb.

What has he done with his own players exactly? I mean, I know he beat his old team with Tony Dungy's...but since then, what exactly has he accomplished?

devilsdancefloor
04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
What has he done with his own players exactly? I mean, I know he beat his old team with Tony Dungy's...but since then, what exactly has he accomplished?

with that what has magina done? ooooh oooohhh nope ....hmmmm :wink02:

xfl2001fan
04-12-2009, 08:27 PM

I'm not claiming Mangini has done much...though, he was a flopped out Favre arm from 2 out of 3 years in the playoffs. Still, I'm not sold on the ManKok regime. In fact, I'm not sold on the Lerner ownership since Al died.

However, Tony is making it out like Gruden is worth anything as a coach. He's not. He took Dungy's team to the SB and beat his old team. After that, it went down hill fast.

KeiselPower99
04-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm not claiming Mangini has done much...though, he was a flopped out Favre arm from 2 out of 3 years in the playoffs. Still, I'm not sold on the ManKok regime. In fact, I'm not sold on the Lerner ownership since Al died.

However, Tony is making it out like Gruden is worth anything as a coach. He's not. He took Dungy's team to the SB and beat his old team. After that, it went down hill fast.

Everyone knows Gruden won with Dungys team. To be honest if Dungy were to coach that team and play Grudens Raiders the outcome would probably still be the same.

St33lersguy
04-12-2009, 09:16 PM

All he & his extreme obesity has done as a coach other than lose was stuff his fat face with candy off the field

SteelShooter
04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Try to be optimistic......another easy two games this season! :rofl:

tony hipchest
04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
However, Tony is making it out like Gruden is worth anything as a coach. He's not. He took Dungy's team to the SB and beat his old team. After that, it went down hill fast.how many playoff games have the browns won since gruden has been a head coach?

how many sb's have the browns/jets been to in the sb era?

gruden got another mans team a sb win, and his people without his guidance were their opponent.

in a sense, he got TWO teams to the superbowl.

good luck with mankunt. :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
04-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Wait a second... how's this any different than a Florio posting?

Anything that makes the Browns look dumb is OK in my book.

You can add me to your list if you like.

SteelersinCA
04-13-2009, 12:58 AM
The Clowns are worthless, end of story.

stillers4me
04-13-2009, 06:21 AM
We could use a good back up QB. :chuckle:

Steelman16
04-13-2009, 07:55 AM

The implications of that are almost too great for me to bear. :chuckle:

fansince'76
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM

No disrespect to Ben but he isn't the quaterback we all thought he as gonna be i mean after he got the big check a flip switched and plus i personally thought they should have traded him for brady quinn last season or this season....

Ben for Brady Quinn straight up. Time to make it happen, Rooneys - don't be cheap. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
04-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Ben for Brady Quinn straight up. Time to make it happen, Rooneys - don't be cheap. :chuckle:

He hasn't been back to receive his spanking like a man either, to no one's surprise. Talk about making yourself look like TIMMAY! Lumber...

revefsreleets
04-13-2009, 10:15 AM
OK, I see this another way.

It's a dreaded word in Cleveland, but this is definitely "Rebuilding" strategy.

And it's not a bad idea.

It's not like they have all that much left offensively. They are down to almost nothing at WR and their RB is old. The line has eroded a bit. The defense has some young prospects to build from. They can draft a QB in early Rd's to groom (ostensibly from draft picks they receive in trade for Quinn and/or Edwards).

They'll start from scratch and build through the draft. I know another team that has had some success doing this...

BrandonCarr39
04-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Last I heard - the Giants had a deal in the works for Edwards - the Browns wanted a #1/#3 and Mathias Kiwinuka in return.

Dunno what happened afterwards - but that's ALOT to give up for someone who has the bad case of dropsies.

lilyoder6
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
wooah..

i could see possibly a 1st.. b/c edwards is still a good wr... and a 3rd would be pushing it.. but for kiwinuka as well... thats like saying it's going to snow in florida

St33lersguy
04-13-2009, 03:04 PM
If the Giants want to upgrade their recievers they should look elsewhere then Braylon "stone hands" Edwards

steelreserve
04-13-2009, 03:37 PM

Wait ... you said we could use a GOOD backup QB. So what exactly does Quinn have to do with that?

AllD
04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
The Browns are irrelavant and Quinn and Edwards should be happy they are being traded.

Texasteel
04-13-2009, 09:54 PM
The Browns go into a rebuilding mode every other year.

Now you have got to feel a little sorry for thier fans.

Steelman16
04-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah, but Mangini has taken "rebuilding" to a whole new level. :laughing:

I feel like I'm watching a real life episode of Madden Franchise Mode being played by the newbie who doesn't know how to use the personnel he had when he started.

revefsreleets
04-14-2009, 12:52 PM
The interesting thing about the Quinn situation is he's notoriously a bad "practice QB" and really excels in game conditions.

So how does anyone in that organization make any assessments based on what they've seen this Spring?

I still think he has the tools to be a quality NFL starter. Not Montana or Elway, but a decent QB who will win games with the right team.

Derek Anderson on the other hand...

Fire Haley
04-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Mary Kay is jumping on the bandwagon...

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Browns beat writer Mary Kay Cabot believes there's an 80 percent chance that Braylon Edwards will be traded this offseason.

The Browns reportedly have a first-rounder on the table right now. Edwards' contract is up after 2009 and he's said to be looking for upwards of $10 million per year, which the Browns are very hesitant to pay. Similar to Kellen Winslow, Edwards may need a change of scenery with a team willing to extend his contract.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-15-2009, 05:48 AM
Yeah, but Mangini has taken "rebuilding" to a whole new level. :laughing:

I feel like I'm watching a real life episode of Madden Franchise Mode being played by the newbie who doesn't know how to use the personnel he had when he started.

I agree.

It's like Mangini doesn't want any player that was on the roster when he got there.

I know the Browns weren't that good, but they did have some bright spots. At least he's being smart enough to say that Joe Thomas isn't on the table.

But seriously, Quinn is talented. He doesn't have the rocket arm that Anderson has...but he commands the huddle and fits a mold of a Joe Montana (I am not saying he's the next, he's just in that mold).

Braylon Edwards has talent....he showed what he could do in 2007. He showed a glimpse in the MNF game last year against the Giants. But I think he needs a change of scenery to capitalize on that talent.

Joe Jurevicius was a very reliable receiver, especially on third down. I don't think they even offered him a chance to restructure his contract.

They traded Winslow. He had an attitude problem, but he was a very talented player with good hands.

No matter who the QB is, he has nobody to throw to.

Mangini won't be around for more than three seasons. The cupboard wasn't bare like it is in Detroit, and the Browns don't need a complete overhaul....just a partial one.

Watch, this season the Browns fans are going to start a movement asking Randy Lerner to sell the team to someone else.

Aussie_steeler
04-15-2009, 07:29 AM
In my eyes this move will essentially turn the Browns into the equivalent of an expansion team.

By having multiple picks in the first two rounds they could theoretically build a very stable core of players to rebuild the franchise around.

You could only pull this off if you had an iron clad guarantee that you were untouchable as a coach for at least 3 - 4 years.

As well all know it is near impossible for an expansion club to have success in the first 2 or so years.

I think there is merit in this approach for an organisation that has been on the wrong end of it for a number of years.

Do you model yourself on the bengals or the steelers if you want long term viability and success? Now that question is a no brainer.

revefsreleets
04-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Here's why I think they give him more than 3 years.

What Mangini seems to be doing is wholesale sell-out across the board rebuilding. Not half-assing it, but a complete re-tooling of the team. That does two things: 1) It gives him time to build EXACTLY the team he wants, and to strip the malcontents out of the system and, 2) It buys him time because he had to start over. This should give him 4-5 years to show real results.

The problem with this kind of overhaul is that if it backfires, it backfires in the worst way. If they are still posting 6-10 seasons in year 3, they WILL shitcan the guy, because it's 100% his team and there is no one to pass the buck off to.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Mary Kay is jumping on the bandwagon...

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

[I]Browns beat writer Mary Kay Cabot believes there's an 80 percent chance that Braylon Edwards will be traded this offseason.

Crabtree could end up falling to the Browns.

At first glance, I like Mary Kay Cabot as a writer, but then again, I am a sucker for a woman that knows football.

Fire Haley
04-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Browns will definitely need a WR.

Stallworth to be arraigned for DUI-manslaughter

MIAMI (AP) — Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth is set to be arraigned on DUI-manslaughter charges.

Stallworth does not have to be present at Thursday morning's hearing. He is expected to enter a written plea of not guilty, and a trial date will be set.

Authorities say Stallworth was driving drunk when he struck and killed a pedestrian while returning from a night of partying in Miami Beach on March 14. The 28-year-old Stallworth was released by Miami authorities after posting $200,000 bail.

If convicted of DUI manslaughter, Stallworth faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.

xfl2001fan
04-23-2009, 11:58 AM
No surprise on Donte though...he is doomed. That was one of the worst Savage moves ever.

Fire Haley
04-24-2009, 03:20 PM
More swirling fog

Report says Browns' Quinn 'not available for trade'

By Patrick McManamon
Beacon Journal sports columnist

The draft approaches.

And perhaps all the Brady Quinn smoke was generated by someone sending false signals.

Today the Denver Post reported that the Broncos want to acquire another quarterback, specifically to trade up and obtain USC QB Mark Sanchez. The Post also reported: "The Broncos … made preliminary inquiries about Brady Quinn but were told the Cleveland Browns' third-year quarterback was not available for trade."

That's pretty straightforward and definitive. Not available.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/43626107.html