PDA

View Full Version : Pat White a Steeler?

WVUSteelers
04-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Now with Leftwich out of the picture, who will our back-ups be? Clearly Dixon should be penciled in. But, do we sign Batch? Or, more interestingly enough.. do we draft, dare I say it, Pat White? I'll try and leave the homer analysis for another time, but, this kid has got what it takes to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. In the 4 years I watched him play at WVU, I have never seen a better pure and raw athlete. He's got the mental toughness you want to see in a young quarterback, he's got lightning fast speed, and can throw the ball pretty well too. What brings this up? Florio's (Please, hold your objections) article at PFT.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/12/with-leftwich-gone-whats-next-for-steelers/

He explains why White could be a good fit for us. My question that I pose to you, as Florio states in his article.. if the Steelers have the chance to draft White at #64, or trade to get him, would they do it? I say yes.

KeiselPower99
04-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Everyone in West Virginia would love to see him in our black and gold but Dixon is the same kinda Qb. We will bring back Batch and sign a vetern to compete with Charlie for the number 3 job.

The Duke
04-12-2009, 12:50 PM
There is honestly just one player I hope the steelers don't draft, and that is Pat White. unless of course he falls to round 5 or 6....

I'm happy with Dixon. plus there are more important holes to fill than another QB

I still say he goes to the pats

Jooser
04-12-2009, 01:08 PM
PW wants to be a Steeler. I say, bring him on, I like the skill sets he brings to the table.

taztroy43
04-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't think the steelers draft him high.....if he falls to round 4 and below....then they might go for it...but other than that they have a better "taller" athlete in dixon....i think he has as good of an arm as white or better......

ricksteelers55
04-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Id rather draft ANOTHER RB instead of bringing another athletic QB.Those arent the one you need when your starting QB goes down.Spectacular to watch...but at the end of the day,the only thing that matter is did you get the W

devilsdancefloor
04-12-2009, 04:35 PM
If he is willing to play WR i say sure, but he is a sure 2nd or 3rd rounder id rather take a oline or dlineman.

mulldog24
04-12-2009, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=The Duke;589288]There is honestly just one player I hope the steelers don't draft, and that is Pat White. unless of course he falls to round 5 or 6....

I'm happy with Dixon. plus there are more important holes to fill than another QB

I couldn't agree more with ya DUKE!!!! Dixon will take a few years to develope as it is and White will take just as long,Besides Dixon was in the running for the "hiesman" until he got injured so we know he has all the talent and potential to be what we need!! Lets spend our draft picks on some positions like OL,DL!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Steeldude
04-12-2009, 05:17 PM
the steelers already have a WR penciled in as a QB. why add another?

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 06:14 PM
It doesn't really matter if he wants to be a Steeler or not.

There's not really a need for him on the current roster.

If it were last year... I'd say take a look at him, but Dixon kind of killed his chances.

St33lersguy
04-12-2009, 06:36 PM
We don't need him. there are more pressing needs. Besides the Steelers can get a career backup in the late rounds or sign an undrafted rookie. Although Florio shows a bit more intellegence than usual (a surprise) for the 10 millionth time he is wrong

Steely McSmash
04-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I'd guess we'll see Charlie Batch sign in the next week or so.

It's be hard to look at Pat White before our fourth and I think he goes maybe late 2nd / early third.

I personally hope that we go to camp with Ben, Batch, Dixon, and an UDFA camp body / PS guy.

Crushzilla
04-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I personally hope that we go to camp with Ben, Batch, Dixon, and an UDFA camp body / PS guy.

this would appear to be the most likely and ideal situation.

Galax Steeler
04-13-2009, 07:35 AM
I would not wast a second round pick on him. I think we have better options in the draft. So I would have to say no.

dunkuntou
04-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I think Vince Young and Jarmarcus Russel have thoroughly reminded us that being a raw athlete doesnt always make you an awesome QB.

Using Russell as an example by calling him and athlete is wrong. He has more traits that are similar to Ben Roethlisberger than he does to Vince Young

revefsreleets
04-14-2009, 01:05 PM
In other years he'd have been a great pick-up, especially since he seems to be willing to assume any role that most helps the team he lands on.

But i'm not sure this is the right year to pick a guy with this skill set, especially if he's projected as high as round 2. No denying the guy is super talented though...