PDA

View Full Version : If These Players Are Left?

steelerdave1969
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I know that it is very unlikely, but what if these 7 players are available when the Steelers on the on the clock with the 32nd pick, who do The Steelers make as their #1 choice in the 2009 NFL Draft ?

C Alex Mack 6' 4" 311 lbs California
DE Tyson Jackson 6'4" 296 lbs LSU
OT William Beatty 6'6" 307 lbs Connecticut
DB Alphonso Smith 5'9" 193 lbs Wake Forest
DB Darius Butler 5'11" 190 lbs Connecticut
OLB Clint Sintim 6'3" 256 lbs Virginia ( My Sleeper )
OG Duke Robinson 6'5" 330 lbs Oklahoma

Again, I know that the possibility is very Low of this happening, but what if? Who Would You Select?

steelerdave1969
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
It would be a very difficult decision for me, but I would have to go with a DB as of right now or DE. That is where DB Darius Butler would come in and DE Tyson Jackson.. it would be a very hard decision to make in my opinion.

SunshineMan21
04-13-2009, 07:50 PM
I voted for Beatty . . . Mack would be my close second.

Texasteel
04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I went with Beatty as well. I believe that if we have a chance at a player that can play LT for us, we have to take him. Beatty, I think, is that last of that bunch.

Steelman16
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
I voted for Beatty - but it would be a close decision between Beatty, Mack, and Robinson.

We need a center. We also need a tackle for the left side. And we need a right guard, a spot which Robinson could fill nicely.

So, I guess I'd take all three.

St33lersguy
04-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Definitely Tyson Jackson, he definitely has the best value, & the only player on the board with a fair shot at being in the top 20. The Steelers would be lucky to have him fall to their laps. The Steelers probably wouldn't take a 2nd round linebacker that will be a backup for years so don't know why Sintim's on the poll.

ShutDown24
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Butler is the best player available out of those presented, but I don't know if we could pass up a tackle prospect in Beatty.

I wouldn't select Jackson, Robinson, Smith or Sintim until the second round. They just wouldn't be worth it.

Jackson is the definition of overrated, Smith is more promise than player, Robinson is a solid player but just not first round talent... And Sintim should not be chosen for obvious reasons.

devilsdancefloor
04-13-2009, 09:45 PM
I think we will take wood in the 2nd the more i think about it So i picked sintim we always need the next great LB

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Bring in Alex Mack future pro bowl center and solid starter for a weak offensive line

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-13-2009, 10:43 PM
I went with Beatty as well. I believe that if we have a chance at a player that can play LT for us, we have to take him. Beatty, I think, is that last of that bunch.

I agree. As much as I think Mack is a better player, I chose Beatty because he can play LT and still add another 10-15lbs on his frame and be a solid LT that can pass protect and is a willing run blocker.

With the depth at the center position, I think the Steelers could have a shot at Wood or Caldwell in the 2nd or later and even Shipley on day 2. Not to mention, Hartwig, Stapleton and Legursky are already on the roster at center. Take the LT prospect!!!

MDSteel15
04-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Mack attack!

steelerdave1969
04-14-2009, 03:50 PM
First of all, I love James Harrison and what he has done for our team the last 2 seasons being our starter and the Defensive NFL Player of the year and all. But I really dont see him being here for more than 4 more years... just no way. I think that Clint Sintim from Virginia would be a great pick for us, maybe not in the 1st but the man is a great passrusher and that is what the Steelers love... am I right?. I think so and it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Steelers get him in this upcoming draft.

Texasteel
04-14-2009, 08:15 PM
First of all, I love James Harrison and what he has done for our team the last 2 seasons being our starter and the Defensive NFL Player of the year and all. But I really dont see him being here for more than 4 more years... just no way. I think that Clint Sintim from Virginia would be a great pick for us, maybe not in the 1st but the man is a great passrusher and that is what the Steelers love... am I right?. I think so and it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Steelers get him in this upcoming draft.

It would surprise me a little, mainly because I think we would have to move up in the 2nd or take him in the 1st, and I can't really see us doing that for an OLB. I do agree he is a fantastic player, and would be a great pick for someone. I just don't think it will be us.

Steely McSmash
04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I went with Mack over Beatty although I'd be really happy with either. I think that Wood (1A center) will not be around at the bottom of the second.

I think there are enough questions about Beatty to go with Mack as the blue chip interior lineman

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I think there are enough questions about Beatty to go with Mack as the blue chip interior lineman That statement is the absolute truth. Its why the Steeler scouts will have interviewed Beatty and his coaches to know the answers to those questions and the average fans like us can only speculate.

I think if it all checks out the athletic LT is more valuable than the C, but like you said. Mack seems to be the blue chip lineman on that list, while Beatty has more questions and maybe more upside.

Aussie_steeler
04-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Alex Mack for me. #1 at his position and would be able to handle OG right away and the OC next year.

I am going conservative with this pick and I think Mack is going to be a great player from day one.

KeiselPower99
04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Ill take Jackson and then draft Wood in the 2nd.

ricksteelers55
04-20-2009, 04:41 AM
sad to say but right now the biggest need is the DL.We gave a lot of money to our OL during free agency so I think it is pretty obvious what the intentions are for the draft.Unless a very highly ranked OL player falls to us,I dont see us taking a guy like Mack only because you can get good value later in the draft with a player like Wood or even Shipley.The toughest position to draft is DL,most of the teams are reaching for DL players so we need to pick one if a player with good value like Jarron Gilbert falls to us. that is my opinion

Galax Steeler
04-20-2009, 05:14 AM
I voted Mack we need to start getting some protection for Big Ben.

Vincent
04-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Mack is the one that excites me. Other teams don't bother lining a player up on him because it's futile. The kid is a mauler and would be a great Steeler for a long time. He's played well for years against top competition.

Hartings did a great job, but he was the only "Steeler center" since Dirt. We need another anchor and leader to gel that line.

Jackson takes plays off...

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2009/showplayer.php?key=Tyson%20Jackson

"Not much of a pass rusher and overall doesn't show a strong array of moves. Isn't very explosive off the edge at all. Overall toughness and desire is questionable as he tends to take plays off. Hasn't made much of an impact when defenses gear up to stop him."

Then take Fili Moala in the 2nd if he's there.

SteelMember
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I just voted for Mack, so we're sure not to get him now. :wink02: :popcorn: