PDA

View Full Version : #1

xfl2001fan
04-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers just locked up the #1 seed throughout the playoffs with their win over the Pacers today. (Good thing too, because we needed that more than the Lakers did!)

I may not have much to root about with my Browns...my Indians might be off to a slow start, but I've got an MVP and a #1 team to cheer for this season!!!

revefsreleets
04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
And that, IMO, pretty much locks them as odds on favorites to win it all. If they win tomorrow night, they'll tie the Celts record (40-1) for home wins. I don't see them losing more than a game or 2 more at home throughout.

Cavs over Lakers in 5. And "The Curse of Cleveland" will be broken...

lilyoder6
04-14-2009, 10:06 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the cavs over the lakers in 5.. PLZ
i agree the home field advantage is good for the cavs in the east conference,,

but who gave the cavs there only lost at home?
who swept the season between the lakers and cavs???

i think the finals will be a good final, but lakers will be too good

revefsreleets
04-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh, that's an easy one.

Cvs are at full strength at the right time. Lakers may make it 6, but Cleveland is peaking when they need to.

Didn't the Celtics win it all last year? in 6?

The Cavs just destroyed the Celts by 30. The Cavs ALMOST beat the Celts in the semi's last year, and that was before Mo Williams.

Cavs in 5, maybe 6.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Both times that the Lakers beat the Cavs, the Cavs were not full strength.

When the meet in the playoffs, barring a big injury to one of the Cavs starters...the Lakers will see a much different Cavs team than either game they played during the season.

Cavs in 7.

revefsreleets
04-15-2009, 08:31 AM
And they were shuffling through line-up changes as well, not fully gelled as a team.

Not so now...man I loved their opening line against the Celts: 2 C's with Z and Andy on the floor, 2 guards with Country and Mo, and Lebron who is basically a G/F.

Celtics had no answer for it...

xfl2001fan
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/04/cleveland_cavaliers_will_rest.html

#1 throughout - Done Deal.
40-1 - Not so much.

The Cavs will be resting Lebron, Z, B. Wallace, M. Williams and Joe Smith.

Philly plays tough as it is...I doubt that we'll be beating them when they still have seeding to fight for. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if they gave up on this game to take the aging/hurt Celtics as opposed to winning and then having to go to Orlando.

fansince'76
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow. To be perfectly honest, I haven't paid a lick of attention to the NBA this year.

revefsreleets
04-15-2009, 01:37 PM
They gonna issue refunds for the tickets?

This isn't the NFL. Resting stars is bullshit...

xfl2001fan
04-15-2009, 01:41 PM
They gonna issue refunds for the tickets?

This isn't the NFL. Resting stars is bullshit...

Gund is spending over $1M for Fan Appreciation Night...to include giving out a Kia and some other really nice stuff. EVERY fan gets a gift bag that has a gift certificate (probably coupon style) for a Fat Head and some other nice stuff....and there's a raffle for signed players equipment, jerseys, shoes, etc...

No, no refund...but it may still be worth the tickets.

tony hipchest
04-18-2009, 04:19 PM
labron is off the hook, killing detroit in game 1. i cant wait for a cavs/orlando matchup, and i hope whoever wins that spanks the lakers (assuming they make it).

lilyoder6
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
i think the better game today so far.. was derrick rose going off the wall against the celtics and winning in OT

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't think the Celtics make it to the East Final minus KG. And I think the Celts were the only team in the East that had a shot against the Cavs.

Orlando is good, but they probably pissed the Cavs off when they walloped them a couple weeks ago, and that will wake the sleeping giant...