PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my boy

steel anchor
04-14-2009, 01:22 AM
I live in Indiana and surrounded by Colt and bear fans. He told me he kinda likes the Colts:banging:, but the Steelers are his still his favorite. I'm taking him to a game, hopefully that will make him see the light! Any suggestions?You can see more on http://steelanchor.blogspot.com/

steel anchor
04-14-2009, 01:23 AM
:tt02:Oh haven't worked much in the last 2 months. Could use tickets cheap!!

wootawnee
04-14-2009, 01:07 PM
You gotta let the kid be himself.........Force feeding never works.....Maybe he will grow up to play for the COlts or Bears.....Ya never know......

steelwall
04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Buy him a full Steelers garb.....jersey, pads, the whole nine... at that age, the outcome will be a true blood Steelers fan.

trauben
04-14-2009, 03:26 PM
I live in Indiana and surrounded by Colt and bear fans. He told me he kinda likes the Colts:banging:, but the Steelers are his still his favorite. I'm taking him to a game, hopefully that will make him see the light! Any suggestions?You can see more on http://steelanchor.blogspot.com/
I didn't go to your blog, but what I wanted to emphasize I blew up large.

The use of the words "kinda likes" by him shows that he's undecided and going along with peer pressure only.

I think it's time to have "the talk" ........ you know which one I mean :wink02:
....... the one about STDs (Steel Team Disloyalty)!

Tell him it's called "band-wagonning" if you're anything BUT loyal to just one team and your badge of being a fan becomes infected and subject to disbelief when you sell yourself so easily to other teams!

There's HONOR in aligning yourself with one team alone; for better or for worse. :tt::helmet::tt02::tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, forcing stuff on your kids rarely works. If the Steelers are "still his favorite", then yes taking him to a game and getting him some cool gear like a jersey of his favorite player might be something that stirs up his interest even more.

Maybe even going to training camp for a couple days and hanging by the fence for an autograph of his favorite player might reinforce his allegiance to the Steelers.

My kids just see me get excited about the Steelers, wear my gear and now they go put their Steelers stuff on for my benefit on sundays. Then again, I had a Terrible Towel on my son in the nursery when he was a day old, so he got started early. :wink:

vasteeler
04-22-2009, 11:59 AM
yeah my whole family is from cleveland didnt work out too well for them.
thy tried every thing to get me to be a browns fan.
Now there working on my four year old son.
They keep sending him jerseys,hats,shirts...ect... ect.
Silly Browns fans

Southern Steelers
05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
I let my son cheer for who ever he wants, 2 years ago he loved Brett Favre and the Packers. But he has always loved the Steelers too, now he wouldn't dream of cheering for another team since we won the SB. One of his friends was a Giants, NE, Colts, and now Steelers fan....I just don't see the fun in cheering for the champs after they are the champs.