PDA

View Full Version : Five more college prospects visit the Steelers

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Five more college prospects visit the Steelers
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Five more college prospects are scheduled to visit the Steelers today as they continue to prepare for the April 25-26 NFL draft.

The five are center Max Unger of Oregon, cornerback Vontae Davis of Illinois, defensive tackles Dorell Scott of Clemson and Sammie Lee Hill of Stillman, and guard Louis Vasquez of Texas Tech.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
First published on April 14, 2009 at 11:30 am
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09104/962724-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Cornerback among prospects Steelers are hosting today
By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
About the writer

The Steelers are hosting five college prospects today, including Illinois cornerback Vontae Davis, a projected first-round pick in next weekend's NFL draft.

Oregon's Max Unger, who is expected to be one of the first centers taken in the draft, is also meeting with the Steelers coaches at the team's South Side facility.

In addition to those two, defensive tackles Dorell Scott of Clemson and Sammie Lee Hill of Stillman (Ala.) College and Texas Tech guard Louis Vasquez are visiting the Steelers.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_620608.html?source=rss&feed=9

revefsreleets
04-14-2009, 01:37 PM
It's clearing the picture up quite a bit. DEFINITELY DL, interior OL and CB. To a lesser extent, WR/KR and OT.

Steely McSmash
04-14-2009, 04:29 PM
It's clearing the picture up quite a bit. DEFINITELY DL, interior OL and CB. To a lesser extent, WR/KR and OT.

Seems that way. Loadholt is the only OT so far.

I guess maybe Capizzi and Hills are showing the coaches something.

lilyoder6
04-14-2009, 05:23 PM
not bad group of prospects to come in

St33lersguy
04-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Wow Vontae Davis, wonder how the interview went because I heard he has some charcater issues. Wonder if they think he'll slip that far or think that's a possibility. Also Max Unger Mr. Everything, I would like to have him

Texasteel
04-14-2009, 08:21 PM

Davis has muddied the picture for me. Might we be looking to move up, or do they really think he may free fall to the bottom of the 1st round.

KeiselPower99
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Has Eric Wood came in for a visit yet?

Texasteel
04-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Has Eric Wood came in for a visit yet?

Yes, I think he was in a couple of weeks ago, wasn't he.

SunshineMan21
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I would be surprised if Davis fell to us, but maybe the FO knows something I don't.

Steelman16
04-14-2009, 08:55 PM
I really don't want the brother of Vernon...

But if the FO and staff think he can be a Steeler, then I guess I'll accept it.

revefsreleets
04-15-2009, 09:27 AM
What if someone offers the Steelers a trade? They need to be prepared for that contingency...even if they aren't PLANNING on moving up, they can't be caught napping if it happens.

They need to look at mid-1st round talent as well, not only because they could fall, but because of the possibility of a trade...

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-15-2009, 09:49 AM
I really don't want the brother of Vernon...

But if the FO and staff think he can be a Steeler, then I guess I'll accept it.

He has a an attitude that makes Vernon look like a boyscout...I think I'll take a pass.

Dylan
04-15-2009, 09:52 AM
would love to see vasquez in round 5 or 6

would not want to see davis, i heard that he is a player that is all about himself and has very low chemistry in the locker room

taztroy43
04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
that is true....but Davis does have some talent....i think there is a chance they might take him...but idk about Tomlin....because when Cowher was there they took Plaxico Burress....he wasn't very good at staying out of trouble...lol....look where it got him!.....but the Steelers still took him in the first....so idk....IMO i say if i had a chance between CB vontae davis and sean smith( i don't really consider Al.Smith he's too short although he can play)....i would probably take sean smith...i haven't heard any bad rap on him....so i would take a guy that would focus on improving his team and himself as a player.....rather than a guy that could be a "cancer" to the team!!!!

lilyoder6
04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
davis does have some talent.. and i don't think him or his brother is has bad anymore than evryone thinks