PDA

View Full Version : gadget/trick plays

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 12:28 PM
"We've been repping that play for about two months," Cowher said. "We repped it this week and walked through it on Saturday. We've had it in there for a while, and Whiz [Ken Whisenhunt] made a great call in the perfect situation. We've got a lot of things and still have some more left. We're at the point now where there is no tomorrow. It was just a good call."

--------------------------------------------------------

looks like the colts have something to think about. its good to keep them on their toes and make them a little apprehensive. i know some hate these plays but i think theyre great, especially when they work like they did yesterday. the team loves running them in practice too. it keeps things fun. the shot of ward and el joking around about it on the sidelines was priceless.

Ambridge
01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I hope the Steelers don't dip into the well once too often on the trick plays.

A good point was on the first posession of the 4th quarter for the Steelers when Jerome and Wille were running wild and got the offense all the way down to the Cincy 3yd line.......then on 3rd and 3 they try the pitch and pass play with Randle El that didn't go anywhere and the Steelers had to settle for a FG instead of a knock-out touchdown.

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I hope the Steelers don't dip into the well once too often on the trick plays.

A good point was on the first posession of the 4th quarter for the Steelers when Jerome and Wille were running wild and got the offense all the way down to the Cincy 3yd line.......then on 3rd and 3 they try the pitch and pass play with Randle El that didn't go anywhere and the Steelers had to settle for a FG instead of a knock-out touchdown.
for sure, at that point we had established control, and i thik that was the 3rd wacky play we had run of the game which seemed odd. i bet you anything that was to set up something for next week though.

FisherMOM
01-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I agree... don't OVERKILL and push our luck with tricky plays.

They are nice when they work.. but when they don't work.. look out!

Justin Otstott
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I think the Colts will be ready for any trick plays we throw at them!

SteelerDan43
01-09-2006, 01:11 PM
I think one or two a game is fine, just dont want to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Suitanim
01-09-2006, 01:20 PM
That was a nice call at a good point in the game...PLEASE no more Mike Mularkey triple reverses on the goalline!

Justin Otstott
01-09-2006, 01:49 PM
^lmao!!!! true that!

Man_Of_Steel
01-09-2006, 07:29 PM
How about Jerome's misses TD pass? That would have been sweet to see him complete that. Miller was wide open.

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 07:44 PM
For every trick play that works, two or three do`nt work at all! They are good fun once in awhile, that one yesterday was sweet. Did you here Phil Simms say" Touchdown" before Ben even threw!

Tim
01-09-2006, 08:06 PM
I disagree. I think our trick plays work more often than not. The important part is calling them at the right time.

The pitch/pass play to El was not much different than a standard pass play. If we had gotten that one block, El would have had a chance to find an open receiver.

On the Bettis option pass, that would have worked as well if Jerome hadn't bobbled the ball. It comes down to execution.

Sharkissle29
01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
For every trick play that works, two or three do`nt work at all! They are good fun once in awhile, that one yesterday was sweet. Did you here Phil Simms say" Touchdown" before Ben even threw!
no..but i heard my dad say it haha