PDA

View Full Version : REALLY Random

Steel-Bryan
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Idk why but i was watching the superbowl again and i realized on the fitzgerald catch that put the cards up, troy polamalu couldhave cought fitzgerald but instead he slowd down and told james harrison to stop chasing Fitz. Anyone think he did this so we have enough time to make a comback and win, and do you think hes one major reason we won ? or am i overthinking this too much :noidea:

Steelman16
04-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Nah, I don't think Troy would have caught him. He was just telling James to save his breath.

But it is a good thought though, I suppose he could have done it on purpose, but I don't think he would have caught him.

MDSteel15
04-16-2009, 01:05 AM
There wasn't a chance in hell either of them was going to catch Fitz before he reached the goal line....

Galax Steeler
04-16-2009, 06:18 AM
I have watched my dvd over and over and when Fitz caught that pass there was no one going to catch him. Fitz looked like he just turned on the jets and left them eating dust.

stillers4me
04-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Gawd.........I wish Fitz wore black and gold.

HometownGal
04-16-2009, 06:52 AM
There wasn't a chance in hell either of them was going to catch Fitz before he reached the goal line....

Exactly. Fitz was on a mission to get into the EZ and no one, but NO ONE, was going to stop him on that play.

stlrtruck
04-16-2009, 07:19 AM
I saw that too. I think it was a little of both. If I recall the play correctly he looks up at the clock and then taps Harrison on the shoulder. Almost as if he was saying, "Let the kid have his glory, there's enough time for Ben to steal it back!"

Dino 6 Rings
04-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I tend to think he couldn't have caught him. Fitz split the field and is a pretty fast guy with a long stride. Guys always follow a play that's what they're taught to do since pop warner. I just think he was letting James know..."We blew this one"

Good thing we have Big Ben under center huh? What a freaking drive at the end.

I have the SI DVD, watched it in full twice already. So good.

And yeah, I wish Fitz was in black and gold. Watched him at PITT and knew this kid was going to be a serious player at the NFL Level. He's a stud.

StainlessStill
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
The only defender that was going to stop Fitz on that play was Ike, and once he whiffed and lost the cushion to Fitz, the defense was doomed, because noone else was in position or had the angle just to SLOW DOWN Fitz,, let alone catch him. I always said football was mainly about taking the right angle on the field and the only person who had any sort of angle was Ike, so that play was doomed since they broke the huddle.

NJarhead
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Idk why but i was watching the superbowl again and i realized on the fitzgerald catch that put the cards up, troy polamalu couldhave cought fitzgerald but instead he slowd down and told james harrison to stop chasing Fitz. Anyone think he did this so we have enough time to make a comback and win, and do you think hes one major reason we won ? or am i overthinking this too much :noidea:

I think Troy commented on this: Tomlin has said it before, but I believe Troy too realized that it was just better to let him score right then.

Muppet13
04-16-2009, 07:01 PM
I saw that too. I think it was a little of both. If I recall the play correctly he looks up at the clock and then taps Harrison on the shoulder. Almost as if he was saying, "Let the kid have his glory, there's enough time for Ben to steal it back!"

Nice!!!

SteelersMongol
04-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Yep. The only person who could've caught or even just slow down Fitz was Ike. The other guys were just not as fast as Fitz.

triphahn
04-16-2009, 10:53 PM

Ben really is moving into the same category as Elway for his end of game drives.

realdeal
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
The "Flash" himself could not have caught Fritz. Once he caught the ball he was gone baby!

Dino 6 Rings
04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Ben really is moving into the same category as Elway for his end of game drives.

yes he is. but Ben did it to win a Super Bowl with a TD.

That's Montana stuff, not just Elway.

2 more rings, and he is Legend.