PDA

View Full Version : Holmes' son in Hospital

Stlrs4Life
04-15-2009, 08:58 PM
. His son has a collapsed lung. I also believe he has sickle cell. Prayers out to the boy.

Steel-Bryan
04-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Hope hes okay

HometownGal
04-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I am so sorry to hear that and I send my prayers and most sincere get well wishes to the little guy. Hang in there buddy!

tony hipchest
04-15-2009, 10:08 PM
. I also believe he has sickle cell..

i think youre right. i swear i remember an article of holmes involvement in sickle cell charities as a tribute to his son.

steelwall
04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Thats bad thoughts and prayers for him and his family. I don't know how how old his son is but I have had a collapsed lung before, thats something that can be treated...fairly easily...cheast tube..(not as bad as it sounds)

As far as sickle cell I don't know much about it other than it only affects blacks (if I'm not mistaken?)

steelerchad
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Thats bad thoughts and prayers for him and his family. I don't know how how old his son is but I have had a collapsed lung before, thats something that can be treated...fairly easily...cheast tube..(not as bad as it sounds)

As far as sickle cell I don't know much about it other than it only affects blacks (if I'm not mistaken?)

Hey guy.
You might want to edit your post, putting a comma after the word bad.
When you read it all together, it looks like your wishing the kid harm.
I had to read it a couple of times to get what you meant.

I'm guessing the kids young since Santonio is only about 25 or so. But I do think he had a child in college. So, I'm guessing the kids between 5-8.

wootawnee
04-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Get better little Holmey..........I will take you and your friends out for pizza whenever I see ya again.......

steelwall
04-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey guy.
You might want to edit your post, putting a comma after the word bad.
When you read it all together, it looks like your wishing the kid harm.
I had to read it a couple of times to get what you meant.

I'm guessing the kids young since Santonio is only about 25 or so. But I do think he had a child in college. So, I'm guessing the kids between 5-8.

I'm sure everyone here that knows me knows I would never wish a child harm. Sorry if it was confussing, but I truely hope the lord blesses him with a speedy recovery.

Oh and as to his son's age. If he is between 5 and 8 then the collapsed lung shouldnt be that much of a problem to recover from. He would be looking at about a week in the hospital though. As far a sickle cell I can only pray for him with that,I just don't know enough about it.

stillers4me
04-16-2009, 05:35 AM
I think Santonio has three kids. (I'm not kidding) And yes, one of them has sickle cell. That's why he auctioned his glove after the Superbowl and the proceeds went to sickle cell research. He had all three of them during an interview right after the game.

My prayers go out to the little guy..........get well soon, sweetie.

Galax Steeler
04-16-2009, 06:07 AM
I wish him a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers to him.

stlrtruck
04-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Prayers for the doctors handling his son.
Prayers for his son.
Prayers for him and his family

trauben
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM
This is a sad thread. Prayers going out.

Rek
04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Best of luck to Holmes and his family. Really makes you think how people are more than just athletes, they are fathers, mothers, uncles, etc.

steelreserve
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Didn't this guy have like 12 kids before he was even out of college? With that many, you'll probably lose one here and there.

CaliSteelerFan
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
My prayers are with him.

stillers4me
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Didn't this guy have like 12 kids before he was even out of college? With that many, you'll probably lose one here and there.

Nice. :doh:

Steel-Bryan
04-16-2009, 07:07 PM

:thmbdown:

TheWarDen86
04-16-2009, 07:39 PM
i think youre right. i swear i remember an article of holmes involvement in sickle cell charities as a tribute to his son.

That's where the funds from the SB gloves went.

TheWarDen86
04-16-2009, 07:39 PM

Damn man. That's kind of heartless, don't ya think?

scsteeler
04-16-2009, 09:36 PM

I don't care if he had 20 this comment is Tasteless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godfather
04-16-2009, 09:53 PM

Yep, that's right. You'd either have to be black or have some ancestry way back in your family tree. Being hybrid for sickle cell protects you from malaria but you don't want to get the gene from both parents.

jjpro11
04-16-2009, 10:06 PM

that's a shithead comment.. he has 3 and actually takes care of them instead of sending a check each month and telling them good luck with their lives.

Preacher
04-16-2009, 10:13 PM

Ignorant.

My prayers go out for the kid. Tough time for a father.

triphahn
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM

Your avatar says inconsiderate S.O.B. Makes sense now.

I pray his son has a full and speedy recovery.

Steelman16
04-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to Holmes Jr. I pray he has a speedy recovery.

MACH1
04-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Hope the little man gets well