PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Browns 2009 Schedule: At least the pain should be over most Sundays by 4 p.

Stlrs4Life
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports..._schedule.html (http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2009/04/cleveland_browns_2009_schedule.html)

Cleveland Browns 2009 Schedule: At least the pain should be over most Sundays by 4 p.m.

by Starting Blocks, The Plain Dealer Tuesday April 14, 2009, 9:23 PM

Cleveland BrownsThat's one way to look at the Browns 2009 schedule. Twelve of this year's Sunday games begin at the appropriate time of 1 p.m., so the Cleveland faithful won't have to adjust their football clocks to all the strange kickoffs of last season, when there were five night games: three on Monday, a Thursday and a Sunday. Still there are some quirks that the fans in the stands can grumble about to the NFL masterminds.
Why a 4 p.m. home start against San Diego in December? Do the Steelers have to come to town four days later on a Thursday night?

There must be some kind of misery factor to the schedulemaker. Cleveland in December generally gets lousy after the sun goes down.

Even the lone Monday night affair is suspect since it is Nov. 16 against Baltimore. This one couldn't get done in September or October.

Sure, sure, it's football and you are supposed to tough it out in the elements. But how about being good to the paying fans and letting them get home at a decent hour when the weather could come into play and they have to go to work in the morning.

Then again, being good to the fans hasn't really mattered since television dollars started rolling in decades ago.

Those late-starting games could be tough to take in good light. Now everyone has more reason to stay away if the season implodes early. That could happen since four of the first six are away from home, with the only win on paper looking to be Cincinnati when the Bengals visit in Week Four.

Oh, that's right. The Bengals won here last December, 14-0.

Then again, four of the last five games are at home and three of them are against warm weather teams: San Diego, Oakland and Jacksonville. The lone road game is at pitiful Kansas City.

In April, maybe it doesn't look so bad after all.

tony hipchest
04-15-2009, 11:22 PM
so in other words cleveland fans may pu$$ out from facing the elements.

and here i always heard they were good fans through thick and thin.

lol... things are really getting bad in clevebrown.

sad thing is... i predict the bungles will be better than them in 09.

revefsreleets
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
w00t! For every 1 PM start, my odds of seeing the Steelers in the comfort of my own living room increase!

I'm gonna go with 5-11 for the Brownies this year...

Preacher
05-12-2009, 05:13 AM
w00t! For every 1 PM start, my odds of seeing the Steelers in the comfort of my own living room increase!

I'm gonna go with 5-11 for the Brownies this year...

:rofl::rofl:

You know Suit... that is the funniest dang thing.

revefsreleets
05-12-2009, 09:06 AM
There is a practical consideration for me here, too...if the Browns are done by 4, the roads will literally be full of drunk angry Browns fans who've been trashed since the second quarter when the Bengals jumped up by 17 over them. And they aren't pleased to see my 6 time Super Bowl winning Steelers license plate bracket...

Which reminds me. I've been hearing a lot of chatter from the Browns fans lately. No, not that they are going to beat us this year...even the Browns fans can't cling to THAT fantasy any more. What they've been saying is that they guarantee that the Steelers are going down this year, to which I reply "It's okay if we don't win the Super Bowl next year...we'll be back there and win it again in a year or two".

THAT makes them really angry when they finally figure out ALL the implications of what I'm actually saying...

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
06-03-2009, 11:26 PM
so in other words cleveland fans may pu$$ out from facing the elements.

and here i always heard they were good fans through thick and thin.

lol... things are really getting bad in clevebrown.

sad thing is... i predict the bungles will be better than them in 09.

I want to be in the elements though.

I wanted to be at the Buffalo game in '07. :).

That's real football.