PDA

View Full Version : D. Lebeau told J. Laurinaitis...

tony hipchest
04-17-2009, 12:09 PM
...he hopes he falls to #32 and would love to have him on the team. (as per james' weekly spot on sirius).

theres some scouting the rest of the league is sure to use and slide him a bit up their boards.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-17-2009, 12:12 PM
That would be the best...Our LBs would be unstoppable for years to come...

Harrison, Timmons, Laurinitis, Woodley

revefsreleets
04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
"He sucks and will be a bust"

< OSU hatah's >

I actually pray that some GM's in the NFL are stupid enough to lay off Lil Animal beacuse is combine 40 was a little slow...

tony hipchest
04-17-2009, 12:26 PM
im thinking lebeaus little stamp of approval just gave the green light to alot of teams and made james a little bit more money.

when lebeau talks, poor scouting and drafting teams like detroit should listen.

if he was there at 31 im sure patriots would be striking a deal with arizona for the pick.

lilyoder6
04-17-2009, 01:29 PM
"He sucks and will be a bust"

< OSU hatah's >

I actually pray that some GM's in the NFL are stupid enough to lay off Lil Animal beacuse is combine 40 was a little slow...

i just want the steelers to draft james..

so i can bust out the old road warriors shoulder pads, with the spikes... paint it black and gold and wear it to games.. :tt02:

KeiselPower99
04-17-2009, 01:39 PM
i just want the steelers to draft james..

so i can bust out the old road warriors shoulder pads, with the spikes... paint it black and gold and wear it to games.. :tt02:

HELL YEA!!!! WHAT A RUSH!!!!

Give It To Abercrombie
04-17-2009, 08:52 PM
HELL YEA!!!! WHAT A RUSH!!!!

Legion of DOOM :helmet:

ShutDown24
04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
At 32, he certainly wouldn't be the best player available. But I really like Laurinaitis. It would be a cool pick; there are just a few problems.

1. If there is any position the Steelers don't need help at it's probably linebacker.

2. Laurinaitis' stock has been rising again. Even with what is widely considered to be second round talent he'll most likely be gone by pick 32 due to the stupidity of the draft process.

3. The last I knew Dick LeBeau wasn't the sole voice in the Steelers war room.

Just seems like more of a smokescreen than any legitimate sentiment. I mean come on, how many pro bowl caliber linebackers named James do we need?

St33lersguy
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Alright GMs slide lauranitis up draft boards. As much as most of you guys want him & as much as adding him to the LB can make it unstoppable for years, I rather have the Steelers strengthen weaknesses & areas that need depth like a better OL or a younger DL.

lilyoder6
04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
road warriors all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mulldog24
04-18-2009, 08:17 AM
If we draft "lil animal" maybe "animal" might show up for games wearing his old road warrior stuff!!!:helmet:Wonder if animal would make a good mascot!!!!!!:rofl::sofunny::tt02::tt03:

The Definiti0n
04-18-2009, 11:15 AM
where would James play? Farrior and Harrison just re uped.

tony hipchest
04-18-2009, 01:06 PM
where would James play? Farrior and Harrison just re uped.he would do like timmons did his 1st year, then he would repace timmons nickel role when timmons replaces footes starting role.

but we are crowded at the position and only take him if he falls. i think he goes between detroit at #20 and indy's pick.

SunshineMan21
04-18-2009, 02:02 PM
I doubt he falls to us . . . there are a bunch of teams in the 20s in desperate need of LBs.

DGRUBBS
04-18-2009, 08:27 PM
That would be the best...Our LBs would be unstoppable for years to come...

Harrison, Timmons, Laurinitis, Woodley

Hey I agree with 95% of what you said the only thing I dont agree with is Harrison He is I belive 32 years old. I dont particularly think he will be around for "years to come". Maybe 3-4 but not to much more than that.

SunshineMan21
04-18-2009, 09:16 PM
With Laurinaitis, we could run a 1-6 defense.

Harrison--Laurinaitis--Farrior--Foote--Timmons--Woodley.

And then rotate Hampton and Smith on the line.

Who needs a D-line anyway?

Blitzburgh_Fever
04-19-2009, 06:13 AM
With Laurinaitis, we could run a 1-6 defense.

Harrison--Laurinaitis--Farrior--Foote--Timmons--Woodley.

And then rotate Hampton and Smith on the line.

Who needs a D-line anyway?

That would be freaking awesome to bust out every year we play a team that has a starting rookie quarterback. If they think LeBeau is nucking futs with four linebackers...

Give It To Abercrombie
04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
First of all, maybe Coach was just being nice. I'm sure he would say that to lots of players that are going to be drafted in the first round, doesn't mean he expects them to be there or would sell the farm to get them.

At 32, he certainly wouldn't be the best player available. But I really like Laurinaitis. It would be a cool pick; there are just a few problems.

1. If there is any position the Steelers don't need help at it's probably linebacker.

Really? Who do you expect to replace Farrior as a starter in two years or so? What happens when Foote leaves next year? Oh yeah, I forgot how easy it is for young linebackers to learn our system. Rookies start all the time. What happens if one of our guys gets hurt, who steps in exactly? Our linebacking corps is awesome but it is disconcertingly top-heavy.

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 10:08 AM
It would take a miracle for him to fall. To say he's NOT the best player at #32 is right, as he's actually probably the best player at #20.

People, there is ONE knock on him, and that's that he ran a slightly slow 40 speed. He's strong against the run. He has good coverage skills. He CAN shed blocks. He has great lateral speed. He is ALWAYS flying around the ball. He can rush the passer. He's smart and disciplined, rarely out of position. And he is a football freak, lives and breathes the game. Curry is probably a guy on his level. Maualuga is a lackadasical player, not serious about the game, and he's had some off-field troubles. Clay Matthews is a little one-dimensional and overrrated.

Is he an immediate need? No. But if he falls, we will grab him because he WILL BE the BPA. And he and Timmons will be the ILB tandem for years to come.

Vincent
04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Really? Who do you expect to replace Farrior as a starter in two years or so? What happens when Foote leaves next year? Oh yeah, I forgot how easy it is for young linebackers to learn our system. Rookies start all the time. What happens if one of our guys gets hurt, who steps in exactly? Our linebacking corps is awesome but it is disconcertingly top-heavy.

If he is there, grab him. Well, select him. Thats better. We need another motor for the inside being groomed for greatness.

I really want Mack, but I wouldn't be upset with this pick.

Steel Head
04-20-2009, 10:32 AM
...he hopes he falls to #32 and would love to have him on the team. (as per james' weekly spot on sirius).

theres some scouting the rest of the league is sure to use and slide him a bit up their boards.

smoke screen

Laurinaitis sucks

lilyoder6
04-20-2009, 10:47 AM
It would take a miracle for him to fall. To say he's NOT the best player at #32 is right, as he's actually probably the best player at #20.

People, there is ONE knock on him, and that's that he ran a slightly slow 40 speed. He's strong against the run. He has good coverage skills. He CAN shed blocks. He has great lateral speed. He is ALWAYS flying around the ball. He can rush the passer. He's smart and disciplined, rarely out of position. And he is a football freak, lives and breathes the game. Curry is probably a guy on his level. Maualuga is a lackadasical player, not serious about the game, and he's had some off-field troubles. Clay Matthews is a little one-dimensional and overrrated.

Is he an immediate need? No. But if he falls, we will grab him because he WILL BE the BPA. And he and Timmons will be the ILB tandem for years to come.

i'm sry, but i agree that james is better than the other lb's u say... esp rey.. but 2 say curry is on his lvl.. yea right.. curry is THE best lb in this draft and is not on the same lvl as james...

lilyoder6
04-20-2009, 10:48 AM
smoke screen

Laurinaitis sucks

and wow...
could u give a lil insight 2 y james sucks??

b/c i would like to see it

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Yeah, he sucks.

2006- 115 Tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 5 INT's (An ignorant knock on him is that he can't drop into coverage)

2007- 121 Tackles, 8.5 TFL, 5 sacks, 2 INT's and a fumble recovered.

2008- 130 tackles, 7 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 INT's a forced fumble and even had 4 passes defensed.

Yeah, he sucks alright:coffee:

SteelMember
04-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I doubt he falls to us . . . there are a bunch of teams in the 20s in desperate need of LBs.

Maybe, but I think most other teams will be looking for that hybrid OLB.

smoke screen

Laurinaitis sucks

:doh:

Disgruntled Michigan fan?

Vincent
04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Yeah, he sucks.

2006- 115 Tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 5 INT's (An ignorant knock on him is that he can't drop into coverage)

2007- 121 Tackles, 8.5 TFL, 5 sacks, 2 INT's and a fumble recovered.

2008- 130 tackles, 7 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 INT's a forced fumble and even had 4 passes defensed.

Yeah, he sucks alright:coffee:

Well his interceptions have certainly fallen off. Dismiss him from further consideration.

Steel Head
04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Maybe, but I think most other teams will be looking for that hybrid OLB.

Disgruntled Michigan fan?

no, just watched him enough to see how overrated he is

taking him at #32 would be a huge reach and he won't last to #64 so I'm not worried at all that the Steelers will make the mistake of drafting him

Hawk was way better in college and he hasnt exactly been tearing it up on the NFL level

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 11:03 AM
And exactly how many games did you see him play? Because I saw about 50...

tony hipchest

Disgruntled Michigan fan?:chuckle:

in the words of eddie murphy in delirious...

*you can smell it*

i gotta go with d. lebeaus assessment on this one. if he loves the guy, the guy is good. its that simple.

Steel Head
And exactly how many games did you see him play? Because I saw about 50...

and u are a OSU homer.

obviously i dont hate OSU because i said i would be pleased with the Steelers trading up in the 2nd to get Robiskie

IMO, Laurinaitis is overrated. Let's just agree to disagree

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 11:21 AM
and u are a OSU homer.

obviously i dont hate OSU because i said i would be pleased with the Steelers trading up in the 2nd to get Robiskie

IMO, Laurinaitis is overrated. Let's just agree to disagree

That would be a great theory if I ONLY watched OSU football. However, that is not the case. In fact, I happen to watch a ton of college football, so when I say he's the one of the best linebackers I've ever seen play, it's not just part of some ignorant tirade based only on homerism.

The true beauty of all this is it's now here, in black and white, and we can all not only watch Laurinaitis get drafted in the 1st round, but also watch and track his NFL career...so I'll be proven right over time...

tony hipchest
04-20-2009, 11:50 AM
i didnt hear the actual interview just a re-cap, but schein and miller are talking about the steelers 1st pick.

james flat out said he will be a steeler if he is still on the board.

they said it makes alot of sense based on his "relationship with dick lebeau".

hmmm... :scratchchin:

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
He won't be there...I already said I'd eat my hat if he lasts that long.

Steel Head
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
That would be a great theory if I ONLY watched OSU football. However, that is not the case. In fact, I happen to watch a ton of college football, so when I say he's the one of the best linebackers I've ever seen play, it's not just part of some ignorant tirade based only on homerism.

I watch a ton of college football too

If he is so great, then why isn't he projected in the 1st round???

SteelersTilIDie
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM
i would love to have laurinaitis

SteelersTilIDie
04-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I watch a ton of college football too

If he is so great, then why isn't he projected in the 1st round???

He is in just about every single mock draft made so far:drink:

SunshineMan21
04-20-2009, 07:43 PM
He is in just about every single mock draft made so far:drink:

This isn't really true, but it doesn't mean he's not a first-round talent. He had been ranked as high as top ten, but he's fallen because he's not really athletically exceptional in terms os speed or strength, he's just really, really good at playing football. Who would guess that that would be worth anything anymore?

I'll take Laurinaitis . . . I don't even care how much we don't need a LB. Other teams can feel free to indulge themselves with the Heyward-Beys of the world . . .

The thing is, there's a pretty decent chance he falls to us--he's clearly rated behind all the USC LB on most boards, as well as Everette Brown, Aaron Maybin, and obviously Curry.

Personally, I think after Curry it's between Maulaugua and Laurinatis for second-best (and hardest to spell) LB in this draft. If you count Orakpo as a LB, he would be second-best, but I'm counting him as a 4-3 DE for the time being.

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Laurinaitis is like a shark: He was designed to do one thing, and do it perfectly.

Combine numbers are for Daniel Snyder and Al Davis. I want real football players...

(By the by, I have no idea how to spell his name either...I just know it's effed up)

atlsteelers
04-21-2009, 02:13 PM
As tomlin would say
“That boy’s as ordinary as a bowl of grits,”

although i do like another OSU player michael jenkins - not to play corner but to play safety. clark is nice but i think jenkins could take over in 2010.

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 03:57 PM
As tomlin would say
“That boy’s as ordinary as a bowl of grits,”

although i do like another OSU player michael jenkins - not to play corner but to play safety. clark is nice but i think jenkins could take over in 2010.
And D ick LeBeau's opinion means nothing?

You've been hating on OSU LBers for awhile now. I recall you saying they were slow...than Freeman goes out and busts off a 4.51 40 at his pro day.

Doesn't matter. Both will make fine NFL LBers and there will be a couple teams that will be VERY happy come April 25th...

lilyoder6
04-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Laurinaitis is like a shark: He was designed to do one thing, and do it perfectly.

Combine numbers are for Daniel Snyder and Al Davis. I want real football players...

(By the by, I have no idea how to spell his name either...I just know it's effed up)

well if he was like a shark.. then how is he able to live out of water???

and being like a shark is boo-boo... the only time they do real damage is if they smell blood or kicking danlging legs...

and i gonna say that there will not be as much as both....

and u don't hear too many stories about shark atks

steelerguy26
04-22-2009, 12:25 AM
As much as I like "Little Animal" LB is the last thing the Steelers need. If he fell to us in the second round I am all for it. But round 1 must be CB, OL or DL in my opinion.

I will be honest though a LB corp that features, Harrison, Timmons, Laurinaitis and Woodley in a year or two would be awsome.... And unstoppable.

Galax Steeler
04-22-2009, 03:52 AM
I wouldn't mind having Laurinaitis I think he would be a good linebacker for us. He would fit right in with the other wonderfull linebackers we have.

paw-n-maul-u
04-22-2009, 04:43 AM
no problem with taking a LB, just not at 32.

If someone like Larry English fell to 64, pounce on it like a tiger.

DL needs to be focused on much more than our LB's, I have high hopes for Fox and Davis.

revefsreleets
04-22-2009, 11:41 AM
But that's not the "Steeler Way". They'll go BPA and if he's there at 32, he's definitely BPA. Besides, Foote will be gone next year, and Farrior is no spring chicken, so there's a need there sooner rather than a lot later.

But he'll be gone by 20 or so anyway...

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Rev do you think that Gholston poor rookie performance has anything to do with why Laurinaitis is dropping?

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-22-2009, 01:29 PM
let me rephrase that, why people think he his dropping

SunshineMan21
04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Rev do you think that Gholston poor rookie performance has anything to do with why Laurinaitis is dropping?

Laurinaitis's unspectacular performance in combine/workouts is why he is dropping, combined with the large number of hybrid DE/OLB who are considered to have more pure pass rushing skill.

Gholston may drop Laurinaitis's value in that he had a poor rookie season as a LB out of OSU, but as a player Gholston is much more comparable to a guy like Everette Brown or Robert Ayers.

Laurinaitis has a great shot of making it to us--there's no way he's gone at twenty and most mocks have him going in the second round. I think you could definitely make a case for him as BPA . . . between him and Beatty or Mack would be a tough choice.

Steel Head
04-23-2009, 07:04 AM
I will be taking all bets that the Steelers don't draft Laurinaitis....PM me if interested

it's not gonna happen

revefsreleets
04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
No, because he'll be gone.

Laurinaitis is indeed dropping because of combine stuff. But combine #'s are only tools that help determine the decisions FO's make, and draft analysts DO NOT SELECT PLAYERS IN THE NFL DRAFT. In fact, the only real number I saw that was so negative was his 40, and, as I've said before, the day players start playing the game in shorts and t-shirts and running in straight lines is the day I'll pay attention to 40 times. He's football fast, and that's what counts...

Also, James' decsion to not play in the Sr. Bowl hurt him a little bit in the eyes of some, but, really, what was he going to prove? He's played for 4, and started for 3 in a program that has had an average ending rank of #5. He had and has nothing to prove.

I still think he's gone well before #32.

Gholston I think has little to do with it, either. It's premature to call Ghost a bust, because he was a DE on the Bucks and mostly asked to rush the QB. Just as it takes time for our LBers (who PLAYED LB in college) to adjust to the system, it will take him some time to adjust to standing up. I think he'll end up being a decent LB. But Lil Animal is something special. But he's also a Buckeye, which triggers knee-jerk hate...that doesn't help either.

Again, FO's aren't going to late hatred of a program blind them to true talent. That kind of ignorance is much better represented by MB posters...

By the by, another LB who's stock dropped because his 40 time was percieved as too slow was Chad Greenway. He ran a 4.74 and was supposed to drop in the draft because of it. He was picked 17th overall, and that "bust" had 115 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year.

Greenway is not as good as Laurinaitis.

lilyoder6
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
the last couple of mock drafts i have seen.. they have him going in the 2nd rd..

so he should be there

DACEB
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM

But he'll be gone by 20 or so anyway...

Never mind the hat, why not a bet. If he doesn't go by 20 like you say then you leave the board, if he does then I'll go. How 'bout it?

SunshineMan21
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
No, because he'll be gone.

Laurinaitis is indeed dropping because of combine stuff. But combine #'s are only tools that help determine the decisions FO's make, and draft analysts DO NOT SELECT PLAYERS IN THE NFL DRAFT. In fact, the only real number I saw that was so negative was his 40, and, as I've said before, the day players start playing the game in shorts and t-shirts and running in straight lines is the day I'll pay attention to 40 times. He's football fast, and that's what counts...

Also, James' decsion to not play in the Sr. Bowl hurt him a little bit in the eyes of some, but, really, what was he going to prove? He's played for 4, and started for 3 in a program that has had an average ending rank of #5. He had and has nothing to prove.

Gholston I think has little to do with it, either. It's premature to call Ghost a bust, because he was a DE on the Bucks and mostly asked to rush the QB. Just as it takes time for our LBers (who PLAYED LB in college) to adjust to the system, it will take him some time to adjust to standing up. I think he'll end up being a decent LB. But Lil Animal is something special. But he's also a Buckeye, which triggers knee-jerk hate...that doesn't help either.

Again, FO's aren't going to late hatred of a program blind them to true talent. That kind of ignorance is much better represented by MB posters...

By the by, another LB who's stock dropped because his 40 time was percieved as too slow was Chad Greenway. He ran a 4.74 and was supposed to drop in the draft because of it. He was picked 17th overall, and that "bust" had 115 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year.

Greenway is not as good as Laurinaitis.

You may like him. I certainly like him. And LeBeau seems to like him. That doesn't mean that FOs (who, let's be honest, aren't all as capable as Colbert) like him.

The fact is, FOs don't like him enough to draft him top 20 . . . I would bet a ton he's not gone by 20, and if he were taken that early it would be considered a fairly large surprise at this point.

Most mocks have him as a second-round picks at this point, because there are only so many LBs that are going to get drafted that high, and most teams have the 3-4 Hybrids, as well as the USC LBs ahead of him.

J Dogg
04-23-2009, 03:03 PM
I have to wonder how many coaches say things like this to players and it never makes it to the media.

J Dogg
04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
You may like him. I certainly like him. And LeBeau seems to like him. That doesn't mean that FOs (who, let's be honest, aren't all as capable as Colbert) like him.

The fact is, FOs don't like him enough to draft him top 20 . . . I would bet a ton he's not gone by 20, and if he were taken that early it would be considered a fairly large surprise at this point.

Most mocks have him as a second-round picks at this point, because there are only so many LBs that are going to get drafted that high, and most teams have the 3-4 Hybrids, as well as the USC LBs ahead of him.

If the Steelers were going to take a linebacker, I'd rather have Manaluga.

SunshineMan21
04-24-2009, 12:54 AM
See, but Maualuga actually won't be there at 32.

I'm not sure whether Laurinaitis will, either, but I don't think Maulaugua is an option. If he was, I think he would be possibly better than Laurinaitis, although I'm not sure it's clear-cut.

Steel Head
04-24-2009, 07:15 AM
See, but Maualuga actually won't be there at 32.

I'm not sure whether Laurinaitis will, either, but I don't think Maulaugua is an option. If he was, I think he would be possibly better than Laurinaitis, although I'm not sure it's clear-cut.

dont be all fixed on staying at #32. the Steelers aren't shy about moving up to select someone. If there is somebody the Steelers value highly that starts slipping in the 1st round, the Steelers could easily move up 5-10 spots to grab him.

revefsreleets
04-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Never mind the hat, why not a bet. If he doesn't go by 20 like you say then you leave the board, if he does then I'll go. How 'bout it?

Pass. It's the draft. Nothing is certain.

SunshineMan21
04-25-2009, 02:05 AM
dont be all fixed on staying at #32. the Steelers aren't shy about moving up to select someone. If there is somebody the Steelers value highly that starts slipping in the 1st round, the Steelers could easily move up 5-10 spots to grab him.

That's true, but I don't think we would move up for a LB. A LB would almost certainly be a BPA pick we made because they fell into our laps.

revefsreleets
04-25-2009, 02:57 PM
hey might move for an OL. They might move for a Butler or Jenkins if they are in love with a guy like that. But can't see it for anything other than OL or CB.

steelerdave1969
04-25-2009, 03:04 PM
IF he is the Best Available Player Left on The Board at 32... Then The Steelers Should Take Him.. that being said... I dont think he will be the best available at 32, so that is most likely not gonna happen.
:noidea:

Hines0wnz
04-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I wouldnt mind him as a pick but it would be an indulgence pick when the team needs OL.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I guess coach LeBeau didnt have any say huh??

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
3 words, BPA, answers a lot of the stuff in this thread :wink:

Yeah, but some thought that Laurinitis was the BPA, way back at #20. :wink:

MasterOfPuppets
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
He won't be there...I already said I'd eat my hat if he lasts that long. you want some salt for that hat ? :toofunny: ....j/k

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I will be taking all bets that the Steelers don't draft Laurinaitis....PM me if interested

it's not gonna happen
I guess you cashed in. :rolleyes:

atlsteelers
04-26-2009, 11:52 AM

Will this be playing on Youtube anytime soon?

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 08:49 AM
That's cool...but who here had Maualuga lasting well into the second?

Who had Larry English going so soon?

I ate my hat, and I'll publicly eat crow, but I'll also state that I think time will prove me right: The Rams got one helluva steal for Lil Animal at 35...and I bet that he has a much more storied career than either Matthews or Cushing, both of whom are not nearly as complete a LB as Laurinaitis.

atlsteelers
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM
That's cool...but who here had Maualuga lasting well into the second?

I ate my hat, and I'll publicly eat crow, but I'll also state that I think time will prove me right: The Rams got one helluva steal for Lil Animal at 35...and I bet that he has a much more storied career than either Matthews or Cushing, both of whom are not nearly as complete a LB as Laurinaitis.

Nothing wrong with being a homer? Plus it nevers stops ya from talking. OSU will beat texas, OSU will beat USC (mtach ups 1-2), OSU will beat florida, OSU will beat LSU, and Laurinatis is a top 20 talent. But at least you have that powerhouse Michigan to beat up on.

Its all good fun.

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Nothing wrong with being a homer? Plus it nevers stops ya from talking. OSU will beat texas, OSU will beat USC (mtach ups 1-2), OSU will beat florida, OSU will beat LSU, and Laurinatis is a top 20 talent. But at least you have that powerhouse Michigan to beat up on.

Its all good fun.

Time will tell on Laurinaitis.

I'm actually not that big of a homer. I WANT my team to win every game, but I don't EXPECT them too. I believe in the power of positive thinking...and it's fun to run some smack talk...

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-27-2009, 09:25 AM

I thought the Patriots might take him, but in my mock, I had English going to the Cardinals at #31 as a replacement for Calvin Pace that they lost to the Jets last year. Some say English is a Woodley clone and we all know the Cards sometimes try to mimic the Steelers.

atlsteelers
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM

I'm actually not that big of a homer. I WANT my team to win every game, but I don't EXPECT them too. I believe in the power of positive thinking...and it's fun to run some smack talk...

I am sure he will be a fine player and its a lot of fun to talk smack with you and all of the others on this board.

Steel Head
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM

I told you Laurinaitis wasn't going in the 1st

Steelers got a much better player in Hood

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I told you Laurinaitis wasn't going in the 1st

Steelers got a much better player in Hood

Hood probably won't even start this year, and will play situationally.

Laurinaitis is automatically the starter in StL. BAD comparison....

Steel Head
04-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Hood probably won't even start this year, and will play situationally.

Laurinaitis is automatically the starter in StL. BAD comparison....

so what?

that doesn't mean he is better

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 11:14 AM
so what?

that doesn't mean he is better

Better player or better fit? Animal JR doesn't fit mold of a 3-4 LB nearly as well as Hood does a 3-4 DE. Even then, define better player. Are you looking at stats, intangibles, etc...? Animal JR will put up better stats and he could likely be the leader of that linebacking core for years to come. He's a very heady player who's always around the ball making plays.

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 11:15 AM
You have apples.

I have oranges.

You're trying to compare the two.

I'm not.

Look, take your little pyrrhyc victory and be happy while it lasts...because you won't win many of these in the long run.

tony hipchest
04-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I thought the Patriots might take him, but in my mock, I had English going to the Cardinals at #31 as a replacement for Calvin Pace that they lost to the Jets last year. Some say English is a Woodley clone and we all know the Cards sometimes try to mimic the Steelers.i had CB greg toler going to the steelers with pick #132 as a small school, ike taylor clone. cardinals took him at #131.

as for laurinaitus, the rams were trying hard to trade back into the `1st round to pick him but had no takers (which makes me think the steelers were confident with the ziggy hood pick).

in the rams case, sometimes the best trades are the ones you dont make. good for them. in several years long and james can be one a hell of a tandem.

Steel Head
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Better player or better fit? Animal JR doesn't fit mold of a 3-4 LB nearly as well as Hood does a 3-4 DE. Even then, define better player. Are you looking at stats, intangibles, etc...? Animal JR will put up better stats and he could likely be the leader of that linebacking core for years to come. He's a very heady player who's always around the ball making plays.

better player

Laurinaitis actually might be a better fit at ILB in the 3-4 than MLB on a 4-3

stats? lol

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
i had CB greg toler going to the steelers with pick #132 as a small school, ike taylor clone. cardinals took him at #131.

as for laurinaitus, the rams were trying hard to trade back into the `1st round to pick him but had no takers (which makes me think the steelers were confident with the ziggy hood pick).

in the rams case, sometimes the best trades are the ones you dont make. good for them. in several years long and james can be one a hell of a tandem.

Wait, you're telling me the Rams were trying to trade into the 1st to get him?

Does that mean he's actually a first rd talent?

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-24-2012, 05:26 PM
The Rams got one helluva steal for Lil Animal at 35...and I bet that he has a much more storied career than either Matthews or Cushing, both of whom are not nearly as complete a LB as Laurinaitis.

This was another great draft prediction from back in the day. :blah:

vasteeler
04-24-2012, 06:36 PM
man you guys are digging up some old threads

Buddha Bus
04-24-2012, 06:40 PM
It's an archeological expedition in search of fossilized bullshit. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-24-2012, 06:41 PM
:chuckle:

"revisionist history" is fun.

HUBRIS.... it's what's for dinner.

Buddha Bus
04-24-2012, 06:45 PM
:chuckle:

"revisionist history" is fun.

HUBRIS.... it's what's for dinner.

Shouldn't it be "Revs-visionist his-story"? :noidea:

ricardisimo
04-26-2012, 05:06 AM
And he was actually fairly well-behaved in this one. I should go digging in the Locker Room for some of his scintillating wit and wisdom.