PDA

View Full Version : Take your pick for 1st three rounds

thumper
04-17-2009, 01:05 PM
The following are "likely" players who _could_ be available for the Steelers first three picks. Of course, it's possible some won't be there, but odds are they will be. Of these options, who would you like to see them take?

First round:

William Beatty, OT, CT.
Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake
Alex Mack, C, Cal

I still say we go OL after years of not giving it the priority it deserves. Hartwig gave up the most sacks of any OC in the NFL. Mack is said to be a super high character, super leader type. I think we can use that. Our OL is lacking a big time leader. Starks is not. He is more of a quiet type. Kemo is not. He is more like a monster type, but not a leader. Hartwig sucks to bad to be leader. You don't follow a guy who himself sucks. Colin is not. I think it is a little bit of a reach to take a Center at 1.32 but if this guy is a true leader and a top shelf player, it is worth the reach, because the OL with a leader will never be very good. I know Ben is the team leader, but the big fellas need a leader of their own. I know we are a little thin at CB, but Tomlin is a CB guru; he can find quality later on.

Second:

Greg Isdaner, G, WVU
Antoine Caldwell, C, Aub
Cary Harris, CB, USC
Emanual Cook, S, S. Car
Sean Smith, CB, Utah

Depending on who they take in the first...if they didn't go C, then I'd be for Caldwell. But Isdaner is popping up as one of the most underrated players in the draft. I would have no problem if they went OT/C and OG/C in 1 and 2. I'd be quite please. And then use the rest of the draft to find a CB and DEs and a S.

Third:

Rashad Johnson, S, Ala.
Louis Vasquez, G, Tx Tech
Woody Turenne, CB Lou
Paul Kruger, DE, Utah

What would you like to see?:helmet:

DGRUBBS
04-18-2009, 08:41 PM
1.Mack
2.Robinson
3.Loadholt

SunshineMan21
04-18-2009, 09:15 PM
1. Beatty/Mack
2. Smith
3. Vasquez . . . or maybe Kruger

Dylan
04-18-2009, 10:06 PM
1. Alex Mack-C-CAL
2. Fili Moala-DT-USC
3. Mike Mickens-CB-Cincinnati

Steely McSmash
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
If you're only going to put one OT prospect on the list have to take him first...

1. Beatty - OT

Smith is a first round talent. Other guys are reaches.

2. Sean Smith - S

Kruger is 2nd round talent, good value here.

3. Paul Kruger -DE

going off of the picks you provided...

1. Mack -C
2. Moala - DE
3. Cadogan -OT

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 10:13 AM
1. Mack
2. Smith
3. Kruger

Addresses our top 3 needs lickety-split.

SteelersTilIDie
04-21-2009, 04:05 PM
1. laurinaitis
2. s smith
3. Vazquez

caseydog
04-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I agree that the number one need for the Steelers is OL -- some protection for Ben and some holes to run through.

1. Mack -- big, strong and smart. Seems to have Steelers quality of character and toughness.

ricksteelers55
04-22-2009, 02:14 AM
those are my picks,I do think that we will trade down to get fair value for Moala

1.DE Fili Moala
2.C Eric Wood
3.WR Louis Murphy

ShutDown24
04-22-2009, 02:26 AM
First of all, the three first round choices you listed will probably all be there unless another team really reaches.

Secondly, for anyone who thinks we can get Wood or Loadholt at our pick in the second round, think again. They won't be there. Loadholt has risen almost as as much as Mark Sanchez over the last few days and Wood is above Mack on a lot of team's boards.

If I was picking -

1. Jarron Gilbert
2. Ron Brace
3. Louis Vasquez

Dylan
04-22-2009, 08:12 AM
those are my picks,I do think that we will trade down to get fair value for Moala

1.DE Fili Moala
2.C Eric Wood
3.WR Louis Murphy

i have been thinking about that..this draft class by far is not one of the best..but it has a lot of depth, so i wouldnt mind if the steelers trade their first round for a 2n and 4th rounder