PDA

View Full Version : Eagles trade 1st round pick for LT Peters from the Bills

TXSteelerFan
04-17-2009, 01:06 PM
No one wants to be TOs teammate lol... Nice pick up for Eagles, not really sure if it's worth the 28th pick but...

The Eagles have acquired Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters from the Bills for the 28th overall pick in next week's draft, FOXSports.com has learned.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9466866/Sources:-Eagles-trade-for-Bills-Pro-Bowl-LT-Peters?MSNHPHMA

Steelman16
04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Good trade, and I think this might mean we'll have at least one good OT left on the board at #32.

lilyoder6
04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
not a bad trade at all.. the eagles are shoring up there o-line...

now this will send mock draft ppl into a frenzy now..

KeiselPower99
04-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Peters wants more money and he is young. They still have a 1st so they get a good young LT. Nice move for Buffalo they will be looking for a tackle at that spot so really nothing changes in the mocks.

Ravnet
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
One less team looking for Boldin.

SunshineMan21
04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Good for us--now there's a greater chance that Oher will be available for us.

BrandonCarr39
04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
FYI - I'm hearing reports that the Eagles are expressing interest in Ocho-Cinco.

The #1 they gave up was their #28(NOT their #21), and they gave up a #4(NOT a #3). Pt being that Philly MAY have plenty of ammo now for a very good WR(whether it's CJ or Boldin). Sure, he's a douche, but CJ will be fine in a winning franchise.

On a side note - it's my understanding that this IS SUPPOSED to be a good draft for OTs?

BrandonCarr39
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
One less team looking for Boldin.

Remember the Randy Moss trade by NE a couple of years ago where out of nowhere, Oakland practically begged for nothing for him on draft day?

Look for Philly's FO to work their magic with CJ - no, not saying it'll happen for sure, but on late day 1 or day 2, don't be surprised the minute Rich Eisen/Chris Berman break the news how the Eagles merely gave up a 3rd rounder to the Bengals.

BTW - Jason Peters is a good player, but NOT great. He's going to be matched up against much better D's in the NFCE(i.e. Dallas' Ware, Giants' Osi/Tuck, Skins' Andre Carter, etc). Nonetheless, TO will be groaning by wk5 as Edwards will be on his tail most of the time, and he won't have many opportunities to get it out to anyone.

St33lersguy
04-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow! This definitely puts less of a need for tackle although i'm sure Blowfish will draft one anyway given the fact that he loves drafting linemen

lilyoder6
04-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Peters wants more money and he is young. They still have a 1st so they get a good young LT. Nice move for Buffalo they will be looking for a tackle at that spot so really nothing changes in the mocks.

what if they take a lt in there 1st pick instead of who they were thinking??? then thats 1 less ot.., then there could be another panic like last yr

tony hipchest
04-17-2009, 05:31 PM
the top 4 LT's will be gone by pick #11 with the bills taking oher

BrandonCarr39
04-17-2009, 07:03 PM
LOL - for anyone that listens to Philly WIP - you would have thought the Eagles have already won Super Bowl 44(!).

Really - everytime they just merely WIN a game, OR make a (supposedly)big acquisition, their fans AND media are all of a sudden drinking gallons of kool-aid!:sofunny:

NFLN, btw, just reported Philly has made Peters the 2nd highest LT in the league. Odd, b/c he's not THAT proven(2006 was his really only one good year).

ShutDown24
04-17-2009, 07:08 PM
The Eagles definitely win in this trade in my opinion. They still have another, higher, first round pick and they just added a left tackle who can be the future and the present at left tackle.

BrandonCarr39
04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Eagles Close to Agreeing to Make Jason Peters Highest Paid Tackle in the Game

Fri Apr 17, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com
ESPN's Michael Smith reports the Philadelphias Eagles are very close to agreeing on a new deal with OT Jason Peters that would make him the highest paid left tackle in the game today when they finalize the trade to acquire Peters from the Buffalo Bills.

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
and with the 28th overall pick, the bills select.....ALEX MACK .....:doh: you heard it here first.

St33lersguy
04-17-2009, 09:22 PM
LOL - for anyone that listens to Philly WIP - you would have thought the Eagles have already won Super Bowl 44(!).

Really - everytime they just merely WIN a game, OR make a (supposedly)big acquisition, their fans AND media are all of a sudden drinking gallons of kool-aid!:sofunny:

NFLN, btw, just reported Philly has made Peters the 2nd highest LT in the league. Odd, b/c he's not THAT proven(2006 was his really only one good year).

Well the Eagles haven't won an NFL championship in a long long time & that is probably why they get so excited about smaller things that don't compare to a championship. Of course one trade for a half-decent hump does not get you passed the NFC Championship game (something seemingly so insurmountable to the team:chuckle:)

devilsdancefloor
04-17-2009, 09:45 PM
and with the 28th overall pick, the bills select.....ALEX MACK .....:doh: you heard it here first.

i wouldnt be surpised, but even if mack is on the board i really think the steelers pick (drum rolllll please......) Woods just a gut feeling....

lilyoder6
04-17-2009, 10:13 PM
geez.. well mcnabb should be a lil bit happy that the eagles are shoring up the offensive line for him

and still got the possibility of trading 4 edwards,85, boldin

BrandonCarr39
04-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Oh stop being a pessimist. Even if he is gone. There will be PLENTY of talented O-lineman left. I wont even go through a list, it'll be way too long. They have bigger needs than O-line anyways.

Don't forget alot of mock drafts had the Bears drafting an OT...until they traded for Cutler, that is.

So just to my knowledge, I believe that's TWO teams right there(Philly and Chicago) that will no longer draft at OT in the 1st round for whatever reason.

Wow - every year is different. Last year, the draft was filled with talented WRs that made it through the 2nd round. This year - the flavor seems to be OT.