PDA

View Full Version : bull dozers

billybob
04-17-2009, 11:35 PM
All of the bull dozers slash mach 5 are ready to slash holes in the defensive lines this season. Despite the unwanted description of an unelite offensive line, they have proven to themselves that they can be the best. They have work to do,and they know it. The Mach 5 was the worst offensive line in the whole league, but they managed to bring home # 6.
How do you explain that? They are young and strong, and they want to be there..
What more could you ask for?

BehindSteelCurtain
04-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Do you realize that you make no-sense and nobody cares?

Steel-Bryan
04-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Do you realize that you make no-sense and nobody cares?

:rofl:

tony hipchest
04-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Do you realize that you make no-sense and nobody cares?dont mess with billybob :wtf:

:chuckle: ive hitched my waggon to the mach 5 (not like i got much choice) and am expecting what billybob expected last year. a sb win! :thumbsup:

:tt::helmet::tt03::helmet::tt02::helmet::tt:

MasterOfPuppets
04-18-2009, 03:54 AM
maybe they'll improve to average...maybe not...i'm not gonna hold my breath. what bothers me is that the F.O. , is content with below to average talent..... sure they beat the odds this year....but it sure as hell wasn't because of the "mach 5 ", it was inspite of them. ...but like tony said....what choice do we have ?

steelwall
04-18-2009, 04:20 AM
Mach 5?? I don't get it??? Whats with that name?

IamTheSteelGod
04-18-2009, 06:02 AM
All of the bull dozers slash mach 5 are ready to slash holes in the defensive lines this season. Despite the unwanted description of an unelite offensive line, they have proven to themselves that they can be the best. They have work to do,and they know it. The Mach 5 was the worst offensive line in the whole league, but they managed to bring home # 6.
How do you explain that? They are young and strong, and they want to be there..

I have't even got a clue what your on about! :noidea:

billybob
04-18-2009, 08:58 AM
iMach 5?? I don't get it??? Whats with that name?

Its kind of a long story dude,way back before the past season began everybody and thier mother were ragging on our o-line.I stood behind them and just had faith.The "odds were against them",as in the theme song of the cartoon speed racer. I just started calling them the mach 5 because they had "dangerous work to do". Now they are all back,and ready to get better than they were. Some forget,or are just totally ignorant of the fact that they are a makeshift ,shuffled,put together at the last minute line.Still when the chips were down,they came through. They proved not only to me,but the front office that they were capable of going the distance and saving thier best for when it counted.They faced some pretty tough defenses and bent quite a bit,and there are other factors to factor in as well,but i ain't gonna call #7 out for that! After all he is not what you call a "pocket quarterback " last i knew. I call them the "MACH 5". That is a brief history of the term that i layed on them .
Hope i have enlightened you somewhat, as to why,where,how, what,the "MACH 5" term refers to.
In a nutshell it:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: is the Steelers front five O-LINE.

h

Rek
04-18-2009, 09:22 AM
i

Its kind of a long story dude,way back before the past season began everybody and thier mother were ragging on our o-line.I stood behind them and just had faith.The "odds were against them",as in the theme song of the cartoon speed racer. I just started calling them the mach 5 because they had "dangerous work to do". Now they are all back,and ready to get better than they were. Some forget,or are just totally ignorant of the fact that they are a makeshift ,shuffled,put together at the last minute line.Still when the chips were down,they came through. They proved not only to me,but the front office that they were capable of going the distance and saving thier best for when it counted.They faced some pretty tough defenses and bent quite a bit,and there are other factors to factor in as well,but i ain't gonna call #7 out for that! After all he is not what you call a "pocket quarterback " last i knew. I call them the "MACH 5". That is a brief history of the term that i layed on them .
Hope i have enlightened you somewhat, as to why,where,how, what,the "MACH 5" term refers to.
In a nutshell it:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: is the Steelers front five O-LINE.

h

:noidea:

billybob
04-18-2009, 09:37 AM
:noidea:

Got milk?:coffee:

Steelman16
04-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Mach 5 is the secret call sign for a pathetic and equally stupid set of bums. :chuckle:

steelwall
04-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Mach 5 is the secret call sign for a pathetic and equally stupid set of bums. :chuckle:

So then it's really Mock 5?:noidea:

Steelman16
04-18-2009, 10:13 AM
So then it's really Mock 5?:noidea:

No, it's the Doormat 5. :rofl:

billybob
04-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Well once again before the season gets under way , i must begin the process of defending the "MACH5". The o-line takes the heat, but how much is really justified?
They contributed to bringing home a sixth ring no matter how you look at it. Don't look at the injuries at the running back position , or the offensive play calling , or the sheer lack of time playing together. Don't even think of #7 running around trying to make a play. How many sacks did they allow in the play-offs? Sure , i know they could be more astute in thier assignments , but they are after all young and still adjusting. In my book they adusted well enough to ............never mind.
It took a total team effort,including a much improved special teams play , to get us where we ended up. We are the shit man!!!!!!!! What more do you want?
Our punter will return, our outstanding defense will return, our bad-assed qb will return,our number one pick running back will return, and yes, the "MACH 5 " will return. Agreeing with Mr. Tony ,like it or not , the "MACH 5" lives!!

mcopenhaver
04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Mach 5 huh? I like it. A little corny but as a kid I watched (and liked) Speed Racer.

Anyone got a better nickname for the o-line? How 'bout "5 Guys Named Moe"

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-18-2009, 12:14 PM
. Don't look at the injuries at the running back position , or the offensive play calling , or the sheer lack of time playing together. Don't even think of #7 running around trying to make a play. !!

Billybob. I am a big O line proponent and am one of the great majority that really appreciated great O line and (to a lesser degree) D-line play. I rewind plays on my DVR to watch great blocks more often than TD catches. If you truly believe all you post, then you dont look at the individual performances.

Over the preseason, reg season and playoffs I watch the "mach 5" and see this:

Starks- slow feet, doesnt play consistently hard, sloppy technique. When he does use his long arms in pass or seems motivated in run blocking, he performs well.

Kemo-might play with too much intensity at times and burn himself out as he sometimes looks more lazy than Starks. Doesnt move feet well in pass protection and fails to pickup line stunts often

Hartwig- a workman veteran and solid professional. Makes up for his lack of natural physical ability with good technique and leverage. Sometimes over-extends himself and gets off balance.

Stapleton- quick feet for pass protection and getting to the 2nd level, but weaker in run blocking or anchoring against larger DT's. A less powerful Keydrick Vincent.

Colon- Powerful run blocker, keeps low pad level, nasty attitude that likes to maul defenders and plays with a consistently high motor. Lacks the natural size and arm length to help handle speed rushers in pass protection

All are average or below average talents, but some play above their weaknesses and are good linemen, while others play below their expectations and are sad to see talent like that wasted. Watch for next weekend and see if we add 2 young guys to "tune up " the mach 5, or even Tony Hills might find a way on the starting roster.

billybob
04-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Why is it corny? They have been thrust under the microscope and held the ground they needed to hold,when they needed to hold it. "The odds were against them " and they prevailed. They had some help along the way with the "Total team effort". I am sure if you ask anyone on that sixth super bowl winning team about the part the O-Line played in it , you would get an astonishing comment. I may only be 48 years old,but i know you should never underestimate the underestimated. All sports broadcasters have depicted their decline,and lack of one thing or another. The key is that you and i ,or them don't matter. The team resigned them,the coach must be comfortable with them,and they are young and learning a trade in the NFL.
How many times have you learned a new job over night? I just have the feeling that they will make us proud in the end. To prove people wrong is the most rewarding paycheck one could ever recieve,and they have already cashed that check. I hope they cash a few more of them and shut up the mouths of the people who get payed to write. The state of the superbowl champions is fine. Our team chose to live with the line that brought home # 6 and i will continue to stand behind them. Any questions?:coffee:

billybob
04-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Billybob. I am a big O line proponent and am one of the great majority that really appreciated great O line and (to a lesser degree) D-line play. I rewind plays on my DVR to watch great blocks more often than TD catches. If you truly believe all you post, then you dont look at the individual performances.

Over the preseason, reg season and playoffs I watch the "mach 5" and see this:

Starks- slow feet, doesnt play consistently hard, sloppy technique. When he does use his long arms in pass or seems motivated in run blocking, he performs well.

Kemo-might play with too much intensity at times and burn himself out as he sometimes looks more lazy than Starks. Doesnt move feet well in pass protection and fails to pickup line stunts often

Hartwig- a workman veteran and solid professional. Makes up for his lack of natural physical ability with good technique and leverage. Sometimes over-extends himself and gets off balance.

Stapleton- quick feet for pass protection and getting to the 2nd level, but weaker in run blocking or anchoring against larger DT's. A less powerful Keydrick Vincent.

Colon- Powerful run blocker, keeps low pad level, nasty attitude that likes to maul defenders and plays with a consistently high motor. Lacks the natural size and arm length to help handle speed rushers in pass protection

All are average or below average talents, but some play above their weaknesses and are good linemen, while others play below their expectations and are sad to see talent like that wasted. Watch for next weekend and see if we add 2 young guys to "tune up " the mach 5, or even Tony Hills might find a way on the starting roster.

That was a very nice breakdown of things that you picked up from the o-line play. I believe the strategy of this offense is still under wraps.We gonna run,or are we gonna pass? That "MACH 5 " may become an asset to our total offense.

MACH1
04-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Mach 5 huh? I like it. A little corny but as a kid I watched (and liked) Speed Racer.

"The Turnstile Five"

Steel-Bryan
04-18-2009, 01:53 PM
i

h

Embarasing...

The Duke
04-18-2009, 02:25 PM
dont mess with billybob :wtf:

true :chuckle:

but....as crazy as he might sound at times, I like the faith in the steelers oline. And I gotta say, I love the name

MACH 5! :tt03:

tony hipchest
04-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm still shocked by billybob's confidence in this O-line. I envy that to be honest :hatsoff:the way i look at it they cant get worse. i would like to think they would have been better last season with a healthy smith and simmons but thats kinda like still wishing for a healthy hartings.

billybob
04-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Don't fret steel brothers. They may not have been impressive last season, until it really counted anyway, but they will be fine mark my words.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-19-2009, 11:27 AM
That was a very nice breakdown of things that you picked up from the o-line play. I believe the strategy of this offense is still under wraps.We gonna run,or are we gonna pass? That "MACH 5 " may become an asset to our total offense.

I think BA wants to have an effective passing game and run out of spread formations and single back sets. He probably also wants a FB/H-back that is more of a passing threat. He is hoping Mendenhall is that "Eggerin James type guy" that can excel from single back sets.

I dont think he had his ideal compliment of WR's, TE's, RB and the poor line continuity never helped. I have always backed the Oline, but think they need to upgrade the talent and hope to see 2 young guys added next week. I'd be fine with Mack and Vasquez(or Cadogin, Loadholt, Wood, Urbik)

LVSteelersfan
04-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I like to think that they will gel together as they play together longer. That is a tough thing to do as I think Colon absolutely SUCKS, Kemo is too inconsistent when he could be a beast on every play, and Starks is a HUGE ????? and you never know what he is going to do. Stapleton seemed to be ok but I don't think he is the answer. Lets hope they GEL and BA gets his head out of his arse and calls quicker developing plays at the beginning of games.

Steely McSmash
04-19-2009, 10:27 PM

I appreciate Billybob's enthusiasm for the O-line and I will say that they picked it up in the playoffs. I don't think they've earned a nickname just yet. Nothing worth having at any rate. "run of the mill hunkies" or "the quotidian quintuplets" is probably the best they deserve at this point.

As for the team's signing them back -- entirely consistent with the philosophy of entering the draft without needs.

JackHammer
04-20-2009, 12:21 AM

A great center?

devilsdancefloor
04-20-2009, 01:09 AM
A great center?

amen! we have been spoiled since webby and the past few years it has been a train wreck at center!