PDA

View Full Version : Boldin to the Browns?

xfl2001fan
04-18-2009, 07:54 AM
I heard this on the radio the other day as a semi-possible scenario

Edwards and a 2nd rounder for Boldin.

Might actually work for both teams...as Fitzgerald will be a nice mentor for Edwards (something he's never had) and Boldin will certainly be the #1 that he believes he is...though nobody else could be a #1 on a team with Fitzgerald.

It would be a huge improvement for the Browns...just because Boldin actually keeps a hold of the ball once it hits his hands.

After that, they draft Michael Crabtree and have a couple of stud WRs for Quinn/Anderson to throw to.

St33lersguy
04-18-2009, 08:48 AM
I've heard all sorts of movement with WRs. I can't believe a radio source on something like it unless it happens.

Sharkissle29
04-18-2009, 10:06 AM
boldin and crabtree would be dangerous

lilyoder6
04-18-2009, 10:19 AM
it would make sense for this trade 2 go down.. b/c both teams will get a good quality wr in turn...

could see that more than anything else.. since they do get a starter back in return

xfl2001fan
04-18-2009, 10:35 AM
I've heard all sorts of movement with WRs. I can't believe a radio source on something like it unless it happens.

Didn't mean to say that they thought it would happen...or that they heard it would happen...but wanted to present it as a possible scenario to be discussed. Get the fans input on:

a: Whether they'd want that
b: How plausible it sounds
c: If it isn't plausible, what would it take to make it happen.

Fire Haley
04-18-2009, 11:07 AM
I can't wait to see how the Browns and Benglas will screw up the draft.

Remember passing on Ngata to take Wimbley? a colossal blunder.

Ravnet
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM

Kind of like Winslow/Edwards?

They're just a pathetic organization, and nothing they do will work.

Cleveland can steal as many of our personal as they want and name them their GMs, but nothing will ever work.

xfl2001fan
04-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I can't wait to see how the Browns and Benglas will screw up the draft.

Remember passing on Ngata to take Wimbley? a colossal blunder.

His first season, he was significantly better...however, we've never paired him with anybody worth mentioning...and teams got onto his 1 move. As things stand right now, there are two guys to try and block when we rush the passer, Rogers and Wimbley. Last season, we were amongst the fewest "rush the passer" teams in the league...and if you're not attempting to rush the passer, then you're not using guys like Wimbley to their strengths.

xfl2001fan
04-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Kind of like Winslow/Edwards?

They're just a pathetic organization, and nothing they do will work.

Cleveland can steal as many of our personal as they want and name them their GMs, but nothing will ever work.

Boldin is a significant upgrade over Edwards...and Winlsow is a j@ck@$$. I don't know how good Crabtree will be, but he certainly has the filmwork that shows he can be successful. Having him across from Boldin could very well be a nice pairing.

ShutDown24
04-18-2009, 06:28 PM
It would kind of be a lateral move for the Browns... Boldin is overrated for how injury prone he is. I would stick it out with Edwards and his upside, if you could convince him to stay that is.

SteelersinCA
04-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Dude it's the Clowns, they could get the 1st round draft pick for the next 15 years and by virtue of being from Cleveland, would still suck.

lilyoder6
04-18-2009, 07:54 PM
magini.. doesn't want any players in return.. he just wants 2 keep stockpiling picks for this draft...

tony hipchest
04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
that would be a steal for the cardinals but i think edwards wants more money than boldin.

this isnt as much about talent or dropped balls, as it is that both spoiled wr's think they deserve more than $10 mil/ year to play football.

devilsdancefloor
04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
that would be a steal for the cardinals but i think edwards wants more money than boldin.

this isnt as much about talent or dropped balls, as it is that both spoiled wr's think they deserve more than $10 mil/ year to play football.

:iagree:

Godfather
04-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Bungholes would make more sense. Boldin for Ocho Stinko...two talented but idiotic WRs who could maybe benefit from a change of scenery.

tony hipchest
04-18-2009, 11:17 PM
im not sure why boldin is being compared to #85 as an idiot, but ken whiz knows enough about both. edwards fits more of what he is trying to establish in AZ and that is the "steelers way".

Blitzburgh_Fever
04-19-2009, 05:50 AM
im not sure why boldin is being compared to #85 as an idiot, but ken whiz knows enough about both. edwards fits more of what he is trying to establish in AZ and that is the "steelers way".

I think Boldin is about as close to Ward as you can get. Ward doesn't get hurt near as much as Boldin, but Boldin is definitely not afraid to catch any ball thrown at him. But I understand what you mean by fitting in in the "Steelers way" (not trying to nitpick).

I was always under the impression Boldin just wanted out of Arizona because of the management and his role in the offense, not necessarily money. Not saying those are any better reasons, but hey.

I think Edwards would be a "meh" fit. He's like a less-good Fitzgerald who drops the ball and doesn't like to go over the middle. I mean, at least Anquan is a different style receiver than Fitzgerald, closer to Holmes/Ward than say Harrison/Wayne.

revefsreleets
04-20-2009, 09:55 AM
So they trade one malcontent........for another?

Sounds like something the Browns would do.

If Boldin is unhappy on a franchise that WINS, do you think he'll be happy to play for the 5-11 2009 Browns?

steelreserve
04-20-2009, 11:24 AM

Yeah, if they had a real quarterback.

Just ask the Lions how it works when you have three or four superstar receivers on the field with some assclown trying to throw them the ball. Not so well.

rbryan
04-20-2009, 11:37 AM
IMO he would be happy playing for a doormat like Detroit or Cincy as long as he's the highest paid WR on the team.

He's a ME guy, not a TEAM guy. He played in the SB last year but still isn't happy?? That tells me all I need to know about him.

BrandonCarr39
04-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Something tells me that Boldin, Edwards, and Ocho-Cinco will be with different teams come this weekend - it wouldn't surprise me if teams like the Eagles and Giants pull off trades where they only give up 3rd rounders(and nothing more). Alot like how NE only gave up a mere 4th rounder for Moss.