PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NBA playoffs thread

Pages : 1 [2]

tony hipchest
05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
but it was shaq who essentially negated the travelling call...

everyone knows you can take three steps, skip, hop, and then lunge with the ball in your hands.

and turned hanging onto the rim and elbowing people in the jaw a non-foul.

tony hipchest
05-25-2009, 12:30 PM
what i hate is being allowed to take 3 steps for a lay-up, realizing that lay-up will be rejected, and being allowed to stop and dish out the ball. that is a travel.

never called.

MACH1
05-25-2009, 07:31 PM
but it was shaq who essentially negated the travelling call...

and turned hanging onto the rim and elbowing people in the jaw a non-foul.

And jordan never ever traveled and got away with it. :rolleyes: Even ewing.

tony hipchest
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
oh, all the superstars got away with it.

but what i am saying is it wasnt completely shitcanned as an enforcable rule for all players (even the 12th man scrubs) until the popularity of shaq made it impossible to enforce.

jmo

MACH1
05-25-2009, 09:09 PM
oh, all the superstars got away with it.

but what i am saying is it wasnt completely shitcanned as an enforcable rule for all players (even the 12th man scrubs) until the popularity of shaq made it impossible to enforce.

jmo

Yeah, they all get away with 99% of the time. In Shaq's case it's hard to move with four people hangin on ya. :laughing:

tony hipchest
05-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah, they all get away with 99% of the time. In Shaq's case it's hard to move with four people hangin on ya. :laughing:
and im not just talking about laker shaq.

im talking about orlando shaq, heat shaq, and phoenix shaq too.

he made a living hanging off the rim (and bringing down goalpoasts/busting glass) as a magic.

SteelersinCA
05-25-2009, 10:06 PM
I thought the refs were bad last night but tonight they are abysmal, what a shame

MACH1
05-25-2009, 10:27 PM
I thought the refs were bad last night but tonight they are abysmal, what a shame

Depends on what team your on.

Nice tripping non call.

SteelersinCA
05-25-2009, 10:39 PM
The technicals are weak, the non trip was weak, the dive on carmelo was weak. The refs are dictating the playoffs, it's a joke.

MACH1
05-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Shit at this point I'd settle for a little consistency both ways. Can't call a ticy tac foul at one end and let a tackle go at the other.

tony hipchest
05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
The technicals are weak, the non trip was weak, the dive on carmelo was weak. The refs are dictating the playoffs, it's a joke.

im just glad to know no refs are in on the "fix" like in the lakers/kings series '00.

lakers really gave up in the 4th. the least they could do is make a game of it for the fans. oh well, i guess thats just "phil being phil" when it comes to coaching techniques, flipping the switch, and using jedi mind tricks on his team.

whatever works,right?

lilyoder6
05-25-2009, 11:43 PM
it seems to me, that the refs are throwing T's like it's candy

i just think the refs this yr are a lil whistle happy

tony hipchest
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
personally i think blaming refs for the outcome of baskeball games is pretty weak. i gave up on that back in game 7 of the conference semifinals when i was convinced the fix was on for the lakers to beat the kings.

of course i was just delusional and wrong.

oh wait....

anyways, basketball is far different from football where teams have fouls to give, and many more penalties are called.

that is still no excuse for the lakers to give up in tonights game.

and regardless of the refs, the lakers did mail it in, knowing phil would just flip their switch for the next game.

while the refs are bad, it seems they are consistantly bad across all games in all series, and as fans i guess that is the best we can hope for.

it does suck though (and i do agree w/ c. barkleys take on all the T's being handed out).

Blitzburgh_Fever
05-26-2009, 12:39 AM
It's just frustrating imo. They're calling stuff that is, I guess, a foul. But it's also stuff that doesn't get called in the regular season. Saw it last year too, fair amount of calls on what usually got by.

Also agree on all the Ts. Honestly, imo it's stuff that should be getting called, but save it for the regular season to establish what you're calling. I get (and agree with) postseason being an entirely different game than regular season, but the reffing shouldn't change.

Just frustrating. I imagine if it ends up Cleveland-LA, no one calls anything on Kobe or King James.

Also agree with Lakers basically giving up, even when it looked like they COULD come back. Kobe dropped a few 3s with people right on him, as close as you can get to having someone in your face without them being in your face. At that point, they were within 9 or 11 or something if I remember right. Hell, at one point they were down 17 and closed it to 14 immediately with like 4m left. Plenty of time for something to spark.

SteelersinCA
05-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Who is blaming the loss on the refs? That was posted midway thru the 3rd qtr, I mention a bs call on the lakers a bs call on caremlo and technicals and you stretch that into blaming the refs for the loss????? "Whatever works."

tony hipchest
05-27-2009, 01:22 AM
gotta admitt...

the final 2 fouls in regulation to send the game into OT were highly shady and skeptical.

i am [somewhat pleasantly] suprised as all hell, with the way this series has turned. i expected the james' to win 4-1 (at worst).

while its not over, i feel bad for james and especially ilgauskas. he is the stallwart and has been there through thick and thin.

i cant stand cleveland or any of their franchises, but the cavs have transcended that.

hopefully they can make a series of it, but at this point, im just rooting for the easiest path to a lakers defeat.

its been a great 4 games to this point. and thankfully no team has decided to quit a single second (cant be said for the "mail it in, flip a switch" lakers).

can anyone tell i dont like the fakers style of play?

xfl2001fan
05-27-2009, 06:52 AM
gotta admitt...

the final 2 fouls in regulation to send the game into OT were highly shady and skeptical.

What about the non-fouls? Like the one where Howard dragged Varejao to the ground? I didn't know that wrestling was allowed in basketball?

Or the one where James drew contact on a three point shot (I believe also by Howard) and didn't get the call?

Terrible ref's (for/against both teams) in this series. There is absolutely no consistency with how they call from quarter to quarter, let alone from game to game.

fansince'76
05-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Anyone who bitches about NFL officiating hasn't bothered to watch a NBA game for at least the last decade. It's the primary reason I've gradually lost interest over the last few years.

revefsreleets
05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
They ARE consistent...consistently terrible.

But consistent, nonetheless.

lilyoder6
05-27-2009, 10:53 AM
What about the non-fouls? Like the one where Howard dragged Varejao to the ground? I didn't know that wrestling was allowed in basketball?

Or the one where James drew contact on a three point shot (I believe also by Howard) and didn't get the call?

Terrible ref's (for/against both teams) in this series. There is absolutely no consistency with how they call from quarter to quarter, let alone from game to game.

on the 1st one.. they just let them play basketball... b/c it could of went either way... howard was pulling him, and varejao was falling on him when he went up in the air, even tho it could of been b/c of howard pulling

and 2nd.. on the 3pt shot james took... He was too late to take the shot.. by the time he took the shot, howard alrdy had his feet back on the ground so there would of been no foul... even the announcers said it was a good no call

SteelersinCA
05-27-2009, 11:42 AM
It's a shame how bad the refs are. The technicals are beyond ludicrous. I'd like to see the NBA rescind some of those. I'm sort of surprised LBJ didn't get one for his elbow, not that I'm saying he deserved it, just surprised it didn't get called.

xfl2001fan
05-27-2009, 12:13 PM
on the 1st one.. they just let them play basketball... b/c it could of went either way... howard was pulling him, and varejao was falling on him when he went up in the air, even tho it could of been b/c of howard pulling

and 2nd.. on the 3pt shot james took... He was too late to take the shot.. by the time he took the shot, howard alrdy had his feet back on the ground so there would of been no foul... even the announcers said it was a good no call

I didn't see anything that indicated that Varejao was fouling Howard....just boxing him out. Last I checked, that's legal (though with these refs, it's hard to tell what is/isn't legal.) Wrapping yourself around a guy's arm (from behind) while falling down and pulling him with you isn't. Again, with these refs, it really is hard to tell what is/isn't legal.

I didn't hear the announcers because I went into the kitchen to get some more water...and the sound was turned down so that I wouldn't keep my kids up. Another guy at work (Lakers fan) explained it to me...because he saw the replay and heard the explanation that I missed. I'll conced that one. Varejao was fouled (hard) and should have shot two FTs. The refs decided how the 4th quarter ended, though in OT, the Cavs coached themselves out (no driving to the basket, just jump shots against a superior jump shot team.)

revefsreleets
05-27-2009, 12:37 PM
It's funny beacuse I don't get upset in the slightest at the bad calls, mostly because they are horrible both ways. It's just part of the mystery of the NBA if you ask me, part of the game and how it's played. Because they are so consistently bad both ways, it's pretty much a wash and will not be determining the outcome of any games.

xfl2001fan
05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I get upset at the inconsistency moreso than specific calls. I got upset at some of Howards ticky-tack fouls when I see Lebron mug someone.

SteelersinCA
05-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I think the calls are more even handed in the Magic-Cavs series than the Lakers-Thuggets series.

tony hipchest
05-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Who is blaming the loss on the refs? That was posted midway thru the 3rd qtr, I mention a bs call on the lakers a bs call on caremlo and technicals and you stretch that into blaming the refs for the loss????? "Whatever works." i wasnt exactly pointing you out for blaming a particular loss on the refs. more or less just saying i wasnt going to blame a particular loss on the refs even though im pretty sure a game will come where the refs can legitimately take some heat for a win/loss at the very end. last nights cavs/magic game was almost that game. like revs implied you kinda just learn to expect and accept it.

"HOWEVA ...." *in the voice of s. a. smith*

It's a shame how bad the refs are. The technicals are beyond ludicrous. I'd like to see the NBA rescind some of those. I'm sort of surprised LBJ didn't get one for his elbow, not that I'm saying he deserved it, just surprised it didn't get called.

I think the calls are more even handed in the Magic-Cavs series than the Lakers-Thuggets series.

there is alot of blame going on here. nothing personal, but for me, hearing lakerfans complain about uneven refing is kinda like hearing roseanne barr complain about all the grease in hamburgers and fries. :noidea:

SteelersinCA
05-27-2009, 08:12 PM
But I'm saying the reffing is bad in both series, not necessarily Lakers.

tony hipchest
05-27-2009, 10:45 PM
nuggets definitely earned a loss tonight. i cant recall ever seeing a team miss so many shots from directly beneath the rim, lay-ups, or shots from 5 or less feet out. let alone all the easy looks at 3's they had all evening.

laker defense whowed up. denver had no answer and were pressing on all the easy stuff all evening.

SteelersinCA
05-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Go Lake show!

MACH1
05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
At least the refs were half way decent tonight.

lilyoder6
05-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I didn't see anything that indicated that Varejao was fouling Howard....just boxing him out. Last I checked, that's legal (though with these refs, it's hard to tell what is/isn't legal.) Wrapping yourself around a guy's arm (from behind) while falling down and pulling him with you isn't. Again, with these refs, it really is hard to tell what is/isn't legal.

I didn't hear the announcers because I went into the kitchen to get some more water...and the sound was turned down so that I wouldn't keep my kids up. Another guy at work (Lakers fan) explained it to me...because he saw the replay and heard the explanation that I missed. I'll conced that one. Varejao was fouled (hard) and should have shot two FTs. The refs decided how the 4th quarter ended, though in OT, the Cavs coached themselves out (no driving to the basket, just jump shots against a superior jump shot team.)

thats is what i mean, with varejo and howard going down, it could of went either way, we all know the refs are not seeing straight,.,

btw the T that howard got after dunking late in the game, the nba has rescinded the T.. so howard still only has a total of 5 T's

lilyoder6
05-27-2009, 11:38 PM
i didn't watch the game but, watching the highlights, i see birdman like shaking his head while like walking off and hand slapping some ppl.. what was his deal? did something go down?

xfl2001fan
05-28-2009, 05:42 AM
I watched the first half...and that's about it. I thought (with the way the game was going) that the Lakers were done. Haven't seen the highlights though. In fact, other than the fact that they won...Kobe didn't score in the 4th and his teammates finally stepped uo, I don't know anything about the game.

MACH1
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I watched the first half...and that's about it. I thought (with the way the game was going) that the Lakers were done. Haven't seen the highlights though. In fact, other than the fact that they won...Kobe didn't score in the 4th and his teammates finally stepped uo, I don't know anything about the game.

He was playing decoy and getting the others involved. So what do you know?
Every time he touched the ball he had 2-3 guys on him.

revefsreleets
05-28-2009, 08:40 AM
thats is what i mean, with varejo and howard going down, it could of went either way, we all know the refs are not seeing straight,.,

btw the T that howard got after dunking late in the game, the nba has rescinded the T.. so howard still only has a total of 5 T's

That was AWFUL convenient. One more technical and he'd have a mandatory one-game suspension, and that would be an automatic win for the Cavs.

MACH1
05-28-2009, 09:08 AM
That was AWFUL convenient. One more technical and he'd have a mandatory one-game suspension, and that would be an automatic win for the Cavs.

It wasn't a T to begin with. A piss poor call, yes.

xfl2001fan
05-28-2009, 10:08 AM
He was playing decoy and getting the others involved. So what do you know?
Every time he touched the ball he had 2-3 guys on him.

As indicated, I only knew the statline and not the story. I was listening to ESPN Radio while doing my early morning travel to set up this event...and got caught up though. Wish Lebron's teammates would step up and do something.

It wasn't a T to begin with. A piss poor call, yes.

This! At the very worst, a personal foul for taunting...but even then, it wasn't that bad. He was flexing and looked down after taking a hard foul.

SteelersinCA
05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Question, when they give you a flagrant 1, that does or does not count as a technical? I only ask because if you can trip a guy or elbow a guy and not get suspended, it seems rather dumb that you could just start racking up a bunch of flagrant 1's and not get suspended.

xfl2001fan
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Question, when they give you a flagrant 1, that does or does not count as a technical? I only ask because if you can trip a guy or elbow a guy and not get suspended, it seems rather dumb that you could just start racking up a bunch of flagrant 1's and not get suspended.

You get suspended based off of Flagrant points as well. I think it's either 4 or 5 in a post season.

So a Flagrant 2 counts as 2 points towards your total. They're a little harsher on the Flagrants (as they should be.)

revefsreleets
05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
So, the question is, why was it called if it was so obviously not a T?

Wow, you guys REALLY hate LeBron, don't cha?

Anyway, they HAD to rescind the foul. They can't have Howard being suspended for a game, and if he's only got one foul to give it would put the refs in a sticky spot if he did something really super over-the-top and they couldn't call it because he'd have to sit a game.

SteelersinCA
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
You get suspended based off of Flagrant points as well. I think it's either 4 or 5 in a post season.

So a Flagrant 2 counts as 2 points towards your total. They're a little harsher on the Flagrants (as they should be.)

Agreed, I just didn't know if they kept track. Glad to hear that they do.

xfl2001fan
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Agreed, I just didn't know if they kept track. Glad to hear that they do.

I just saw something about it this last week...but can't find where now. If I was at home, I'd devote more time to it. As it is, cursory searches aren't cutting it.

lilyoder6
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM
So, the question is, why was it called if it was so obviously not a T?

Wow, you guys REALLY hate LeBron, don't cha?

Anyway, they HAD to rescind the foul. They can't have Howard being suspended for a game, and if he's only got one foul to give it would put the refs in a sticky spot if he did something really super over-the-top and they couldn't call it because he'd have to sit a game.

umm b/c the refs are not seeing straight in the finals...

the real ? is, why did he get the T for something almost evry player does after a dunk/and 1 foul..

don't know how saying howard's T not being a T is translated into hating lebron :noidea:

MACH1
05-28-2009, 05:16 PM
umm b/c the refs are not seeing straight in the finals...

the real ? is, why did he get the T for something almost evry player does after a dunk/and 1 foul..

don't know how saying howard's T not being a T is translated into hating lebron :noidea:

That's cause your not swinging from the LeNutsack like some people. :rolleyes:

No I'm not a Cav's fan. Doesn't mean I don't like LBJ though. He's an awesome player and I just happen to be a Lakers fan is all. :noidea:

And Kobe is still better!

tony hipchest
05-28-2009, 07:51 PM
im like kenny smith. i cant see this series ending tonight.

i think LeWillpower leads his team to 2 straight victories, and its a brand new series in game 7.

still, its hard to root against the ron jeremy led magic. (no pun intended)

tony hipchest
05-28-2009, 10:34 PM
what a game. it had every bit the feel of a game 7 and all the back and forth one could ask for.

there were about 3 points i was sure the magic would run away with it and about 4 points i was convinced the cavs had it wrapped up.

i thought ilgauskas really found his stroke and looked like he was gonna be an impact player early in the 3rd, but when he got in foul trouble and they went small, they gott speedier and really hit their stride.

the perimeter shots really started falling and as a team they seemed much more active on defense.

revefsreleets
05-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I've never seena basketball game dominated like the LBJ dominated in the 4th qtr. At one point he was responsible for 32 Cavs points in a row (between scoring and assists). Amazing!

Howard's T was rescinded because the NBA CANNOT risk one of the "big 4" remaining stars being suspended for a game. It had nothing to do with the validity of the call, everything to do with keeping Howard eligible.

SteelersinCA
05-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Which all comes down to money like it always does!!

lilyoder6
05-29-2009, 10:30 AM
i saw some of the beginning of the 3rd a bar, while i was eating.. and i saw mo williams walk to the locker room and saw him take his shirt and shorts off...

what was the deal with him??

revefsreleets
05-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I think he had a cut or something.

Mo showing up helped. He had 24.

The bench scored a few points as well.

And they didn't give the Magic a ton of clean looks from beyond the arc. If they keep playing like this they can still win this series...

SteelersinCA
05-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Lakers are working these thugs. Jones is a punk.

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 09:36 PM
i take it you dont like tattoos?

:hunch:

Fordy
05-29-2009, 09:58 PM
THE NBA: WHERE DAVID STERN GETS THE MATCHUPS HE WANTS HAPPENS!!!!

tony hipchest
05-29-2009, 10:16 PM
what a sssschpanking.

by far the worst beatdown of any game in this final 4.

good effort by denver up until this point, but i had the lakers going to the finals regardless.

fansince'76
05-29-2009, 10:34 PM

Ehh, not really - if that were true, the Spurs would have never, and I mean NEVER, won 4 championships.

SteelersinCA
05-29-2009, 10:47 PM
If you liked Lebrons performance last night you have to like Kobe's tonight. Cleveland Lebrons or Orlando Magic, the Black Mamba is waiting...

brick
05-29-2009, 11:48 PM
that wasn't even a game, that was a mauling. denver put up the worst d i've seen all playoffs probably, they were leaving guys wide open for fun all night. well if kobe's in the finals then c'mon lebron let's make this spectacle happen.

revefsreleets
05-30-2009, 05:03 AM
I was definitely wrong about the Nuggets. And that was a great game by Bryant. He even had 11 assists.

pittsburghp8baller
05-30-2009, 12:27 PM
im not gonna pretend to be a basketball fan at all, i rarely watch a game unless i go to one but ive really gotten into this years playoffs. When the NHL isnt on im starting to tune in the some of the games. My cousin lives in Orlando and he said that they have been going crazy around there. I may be in the minority but i gotta pull for the magic just because the fact ive lived there.

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 12:56 PM

YEAH, BECAUSE HE MUST HAVE LOVED THAT SPURS/PISTONS MATCHUP A FEW YEARS AGO!!!!

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 12:58 PM
If you liked Lebrons performance last night you have to like Kobe's tonight. Cleveland Lebrons or Orlando Magic, the Black Mamba is waiting...

I wish I had stayed awake for it...but with the baby waking up 1-2 times a night...and my going to work extra early this last week, I had to choose between the Lakers last night and the Cavs tonight. Still, from everything I've seen, that was a great game by Kobe. A truly clutch performance in doing everything a superstar should do to take over a game (rebound, assist and score.)

lilyoder6
05-30-2009, 05:39 PM
I wish I had stayed awake for it...but with the baby waking up 1-2 times a night...and my going to work extra early this last week, I had to choose between the Lakers last night and the Cavs tonight. Still, from everything I've seen, that was a great game by Kobe. A truly clutch performance in doing everything a superstar should do to take over a game (rebound, assist and score.)

i know what u mean.. i'm feel like just falling over right now and sleeping.. working a lot lately to help my brother get his house done..

but thats why we got sportscenter

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 06:05 PM
i know what u mean.. i'm feel like just falling over right now and sleeping.. working a lot lately to help my brother get his house done..

but thats why we got sportscenter

I'm primed for tonight. I've been downing the Diet Dew throughout the day. Got my snacks ready (home made corn tortillas and an extra hot salsa made by one of the local farmers.) Tomorrow, win or lose, I'm going to feel like crap! :thumbsup:

MACH1
05-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm primed for tonight. I've been downing the Diet Dew throughout the day. Got my snacks ready (home made corn tortillas and an extra hot salsa made by one of the local farmers.) Tomorrow, win or lose, I'm going to feel like crap! :thumbsup:

You may want a box of kleenex near by for the tears. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 06:14 PM
You may want a box of kleenex near by for the tears. :chuckle:

How many people were saying that two nights ago? I was pretty much in line expecting it...

If I see that Mo/Z are having a bad shooting night, I'm ready. If they're playing well...this will go back to Cleveland...and we'll be a lot harder to stop there.

fansince'76
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Cavs are in a huge hole here. :doh:

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah, it's not looking good.

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
But that's a nice start to the 2nd half. No...how can they sustain that?

fansince'76
05-30-2009, 09:05 PM
But that's a nice start to the 2nd half. No...how can they sustain that?

Great start - they're back in it now. Now if they can just get it under 10 and keep it there going into the 4th....

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 09:13 PM
What's with LBJ chucking 3s? We need him to attack the paint (and Howard).

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
good to see Mo stepping up

fansince'76
05-30-2009, 09:15 PM
What's with LBJ chucking 3s? We need him to attack the paint (and Howard).

Agreed - he needs to drive the lane and get to the charity stripe. Don't need 3s at this point - they have the deficit down to a very manageable level now.

fansince'76
05-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Damn - are the Magic EVER going to go cold from downtown? They keep hitting those dagger 3s. :banging:

After all that, they only manage to shave a bucket off the halftime deficit going into the 4th. :banging:

fansince'76
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Shit - can pretty much stick a fork in the Cavs, they're done. :frown:

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Grab your forks guys...

fansince'76
05-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Another 3-point dagger. :banging:

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 09:48 PM
WTH is going on with Sczcerbiak? I am so glad his contract is coming off this season.

Blitzburgh_Fever
05-30-2009, 09:52 PM
WTH is going on with Sczcerbiak? I am so glad his contract is coming off this season.

Man, not looking good. Mo and West were even decent tonight, everyone else just played badly. I don't even go here when it's against the Steelers, but the officiating tonight is terrible. It's why I hate the NBA, fouls are so common that, unlike the NFL, exactly what is going to fly on a given night has a huge impact on a game.

If the game was called the same way Game 5 was, Howard would've had 3 or 4 fouls going into the half. I don't necessarily have a problem with the way the game is being called tonight (or the way it was thurs), but I just hate the NBA is so inconsistent.

xfl2001fan
05-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, go Magic. I hope you pound the Lakers.

SteelersinCA
05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Lebron to NYC in '10, he can't get help in the mistake by the lake!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-31-2009, 07:24 AM

Yeah, the Cleveland curse continues. :chuckle:

Sorry Cav fans, I think LBJ is a great player, but it is so Jordan-esque. But, at least Jordan had guys like Oakley, Pippen, Grant, Paxson, Kerr, etc. Verajao is a disgrace to the game, Ilgauskis best asset is his jump shot, and Williams, Gibson, West, Szerbiak all were on milk cartons listed as missing.

I just hope the Magic beat the vastly overrated "Zen Master". Kobe is another guy that is carrying a band of career underperformers in Odom and Gasol. Unfortunately, I think Lakers in 5. :banging:

Texasteel
05-31-2009, 07:36 AM

Naaaa, he's coming to Dallas.

lilyoder6
05-31-2009, 10:37 AM
i did not watch the game again.. i was too busy working and grinding last nite..

but be a good finals this yr

Steel_12
05-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Bye Bye "King" lol...everybody keeps saying that he didn't have help but didn't those same bums help win 66 games and the first 8 games in the playoffs? This is tooooo funny!!!

xfl2001fan
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Bye Bye "King" lol...everybody keeps saying that he didn't have help but didn't those same bums help win 66 games and the first 8 games in the playoffs? This is tooooo funny!!!

The problem is that those bums disappeared when we needed them the most. Delonte was the only steady performer not named Lebron for the Cavs. We needed Mo and Z to show up...Mo did last night...but Z was nowhere to be found.

Steel_12
05-31-2009, 12:43 PM
The problem is that those bums disappeared when we needed them the most. Delonte was the only steady performer not named Lebron for the Cavs. We needed Mo and Z to show up...Mo did last night...but Z was nowhere to be found.

Everybody can't score at least 15...Mo and Delonte hit 17 and 22. How is that not help? LeBron didn't score in the 2nd and only had 4 in the 4th.

xfl2001fan
06-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Everybody can't score at least 15...Mo and Delonte hit 17 and 22. How is that not help? LeBron didn't score in the 2nd and only had 4 in the 4th.

It's funny how you can quote me like you're going to refure a point I make...then go off topic. If you're going to quote me, answer to the quote. If you're going away from what I say...don't quote me.

I know that earlier I mentioned that Delonte was the only steady performer. I also mentioned that we needed Mo and Z to show up. When Z is hitting his shots, it pulls a defender away from the basket which opens things up for Lebron. Dwight Howard is so hard to contain because R. Lewis can hit the open 3 (and had been pretty much throughout the series.) It stretches the defense.

For the most part, Mo was not there during the series. Only in the last two games was he doing anything worth mentioning (in a positive light.)

You're right that everybody can't get 15...but Z shooting better than 1-5 from the field and 0-2 from the FT lane sure would help. If he goes 3-5 and hits his free throws, the defense is forced to be stretched a little more. His scoring 6 more points allows for more scoring from everyone around him. His not scoring...he's a slow non-athletic (but taller) version of Varejao on offense.

revefsreleets
06-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Z will be back. Andy, Wallace and Wally will be gone. I think Mo cracked under playoff pressure, but should improve next year.

They need a forward to compliment James, And I think he will be back...they'll make an offer for him this summer, and it will be BIG. He's the best player in basketball, and he'll be compensated as such...

Steel_12
06-01-2009, 01:48 PM
It's funny how you can quote me like you're going to refure a point I make...then go off topic. If you're going to quote me, answer to the quote. If you're going away from what I say...don't quote me.

I know that earlier I mentioned that Delonte was the only steady performer. I also mentioned that we needed Mo and Z to show up. When Z is hitting his shots, it pulls a defender away from the basket which opens things up for Lebron. Dwight Howard is so hard to contain because R. Lewis can hit the open 3 (and had been pretty much throughout the series.) It stretches the defense.

For the most part, Mo was not there during the series. Only in the last two games was he doing anything worth mentioning (in a positive light.)

You're right that everybody can't get 15...but Z shooting better than 1-5 from the field and 0-2 from the FT lane sure would help. If he goes 3-5 and hits his free throws, the defense is forced to be stretched a little more. His scoring 6 more points allows for more scoring from everyone around him. His not scoring...he's a slow non-athletic (but taller) version of Varejao on offense.

lol don't be mad at me...I did answer your post.

You said they disappeared when they were needed the most...How? Mo didn't score all of his points in the 1st 3 quarters. Maybe Big Z needed more than 5 shots to help out LeBron. Why not go to what was working? Instead of LeBron jackin up Js, let West go to work on Turk all night. They weren't bums the last game...LeBron didn't do his part IMO.

xfl2001fan
06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
lol don't be mad at me...I did answer your post.

You said they disappeared when they were needed the most...How? Mo didn't score all of his points in the 1st 3 quarters. Maybe Big Z needed more than 5 shots to help out LeBron. Why not go to what was working? Instead of LeBron jackin up Js, let West go to work on Turk all night. They weren't bums the last game...LeBron didn't do his part IMO.

So West did enough with his scoring...but you're suggesting he should do more? I'm trying to understand your logic here.

Even if what you say is true, then it comes back to the coaching that I blamed as part of the cause.

When 25 points, 7 assists and 7 rebounds isn't enough...it says that much more about the lack of a team effort in trying to get a victory.

tony hipchest
06-04-2009, 10:02 PM
well this game 1 beatdown definitely makes me long for the cavs.

this is rediculous. howard and lewis are damn good players but none have proven to be able to take and carry a team on their back like kobe or labron.

i feel robbed of what shoul have been some great games and a great series.

going by the conference finals this has been a flop.

im not counting the magic out and am hoping they punch kobes "mean look" bottom jaw sticking out back into place.

what a fake.

SteelersinCA
06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
How is it fake? Every one says he has the killer instinct, oh well. Kobe's a fake cause he makes a face.

MACH1
06-05-2009, 12:22 AM
well this game 1 beatdown definitely makes me long for the cavs.

this is rediculous. howard and lewis are damn good players but none have proven to be able to take and carry a team on their back like kobe or labron.

i feel robbed of what shoul have been some great games and a great series.

going by the conference finals this has been a flop.

im not counting the magic out and am hoping they punch kobes "mean look" bottom jaw sticking out back into place.

what a fake.

LeBron is that you?

1 down 3 to go.

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 07:30 AM
The Magic were ice cold from beyond the arc...that won't stay that way.

Congrats to Kobe! He finally scored as many points in a game as LBJ was averaging...

lilyoder6
06-05-2009, 07:41 AM
The Magic were ice cold from beyond the arc...that won't stay that way.

Congrats to Kobe! He finally scored as many points in a game as LBJ was averaging...

the lakers actualy played defense as well... and that will stay for the most part..

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 08:16 AM
They were collapsing 2 and 3 on Howard, but the Magic's inside/out game failed them. They were 8 of 23 from deep and only shot 30% overall. That's the last time you'll see that from Orlando.

xfl2001fan
06-05-2009, 08:28 AM
the lakers actualy played defense as well... and that will stay for the most part..

Because they've been so consistent to this point in the playoffs. Right.

Orlando won't be that cold for that long. The Lakers won't play that tough D over all these games...because they don't do that.

revefsreleets
06-05-2009, 08:40 AM
And as soon as they start popping 3's, the Lakers will be forced to peel off Howard and start defending the perimeter, at which point you'll start seeing Howard scoring in the 20's and 30's.

The Magic's game is probably actually outside/in, as it works if Howard scores or not...but they have to hit their three's for it to operate...

Steel_12
06-05-2009, 05:57 PM
The difference with this series is that the Lakers have WAY more options offensively than Cleveland did. Bynum and Gasol make a difference because they can score down low.

lol I love the Kobe hate...keep it up as he continues to DOMINATE!!! He's the best player in the NBA!!!!!

tony hipchest
06-07-2009, 10:52 PM
now that is the type of game i expected from this series.

orlando can look at 2 super sloppy TO's out of their own paint and two gimme shots missed by rookie c. lee that cost them the game before it even went to OT.

redding came up short too, coupled with 2 wide open shots that were in and out.

turkoglu played some good defense, and kobes fake orgasm face got a breather for the evening.

MACH1
06-08-2009, 12:10 AM
2 down 2 to go. No Can Lose.

By the way, blocking a shot with your hand through the hoop isn't legal. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
06-08-2009, 12:18 AM
lakerfans to complain about a single call despite a win?

-news at 11:00.

:chuckle:

MACH1
06-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I wish I could reach through the screen and choke Jeff VanDipshit. His bias is getting to be a little much.

SteelersinCA
06-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Meh it doesn't matter, Ron Jeremy and his team are going down.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Chokebe Bryant... clutch at the line.

tony hipchest
06-09-2009, 11:32 PM
seriously...

whats with kobes silly assed crazy mouth gyrations in the post game news conference?

is he ok or just pouring it on? he looks like hes going through labor pains trying to take a shit.

what a faker.

lilyoder6
06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
it was a rare sight to see kobe miss so much from the line....

but unlike lebrick.. he doesn't have too many of those..

but i kinda of expected to see orlando win at least 1 home game

xfl2001fan
06-10-2009, 06:22 AM
it was a rare sight to see kobe miss so much from the line....

but unlike lebrick.. he doesn't have too many of those..

but i kinda of expected to see orlando win at least 1 home game

It's a good thing that Kobe's teammates showed up to play in quarters 2-4. It's an even rarer thing to see Lebron not show up for 75% of the game. The occasional quarter, yes...but that's all the greats. 75% of a game that would (essentially) all but eliminate the opponent from the finals?

Where's Charles Barkley when you need him. "That's turrible".

SteelersinCA
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
The Magic shot a record 62% and the Lakers could have won, not worried at all. Magic won't shoot like that again.

revefsreleets
06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Hmmmm....even Phil Jackson thought that Gasol interfered with the missed layup that won LA game 2.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-sportsmagic-lakers-notes-10061009jun10,0,2833968.story

Either way, this was very, very close to Orlando going up 2-1.

I hate both these teams, and wish they'd both lose, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

lilyoder6
06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Hmmmm....even Phil Jackson thought that Gasol interfered with the missed layup that won LA game 2.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-sportsmagic-lakers-notes-10061009jun10,0,2833968.story

Either way, this was very, very close to Orlando going up 2-1.

I hate both these teams, and wish they'd both lose, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

yea and phil never says things to get his team pumped up..

and if u would listen to his explanation.. the rule, is something like touching the net is like goaltending or anything...

evryone and there mom's know that gasol did not touch that ball,, and the net moving did not effect the ball going over the basket and not scoring

MACH1
06-10-2009, 07:53 PM
yea and phil never says things to get his team pumped up..

and if u would listen to his explanation.. the rule, is something like touching the net is like goaltending or anything...

evryone and there mom's know that gasol did not touch that ball,, and the net moving did not effect the ball going over the basket and not scoring

It's not like he stuck his whole arm through the hoop or anything. :rolleyes:

lilyoder6
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
It's not like he stuck his whole arm through the hoop or anything. :rolleyes:

i just think gasol made a funny face at lee to make him miss the shot.. and thats y ppl are yelling for goal tending

revefsreleets
06-11-2009, 07:22 AM
There was no goaltending....but I thought it was interesting that Jackson thought there was.

And he's right to try and get his team fired up. One missed lay-up from being down 2-1 (and losing a game at home) is serious business.

MACH1
06-11-2009, 11:17 PM
3 down 1 to go

SteelersinCA
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Bye bye Magic, bow down Kobe haters.

tony hipchest
06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
this series is over. when you screw the pooch that bad and allow two games in the bag to turn into overtime losses, there is no hope to win 3 in a row.

no blame, the magic just choked. (yes, i do think it was a choke as opposed to a simple loss)

i cant wait for kobes inevitable rap asking shaq how his salty poontang tastes.

maybe i will download it to ipod. :chuckle:

Fordy
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Bye bye Magic, bow down Kobe haters.

what was he like 12-35 tonight..amazing he is...

MACH1
06-11-2009, 11:54 PM
this series is over. when you screw the pooch that bad and allow two games in the bag to turn into overtime losses, there is no hope to win 3 in a row.

no blame, the magic just choked. (yes, i do think it was a choke as opposed to a simple loss)

i cant wait for kobes inevitable rap asking shaq how his salty poontang tastes.

maybe i will download it to ipod. :chuckle:

This could have just as easily been over at 4-0. Just sayin

SteelersinCA
06-12-2009, 12:13 AM
what was he like 12-35 tonight..amazing he is...

you're right he scored 32 with 7 rebs and 8 asts, what was I thinking?

tony hipchest
06-12-2009, 12:19 AM
This could have just as easily been over at 4-0. Just sayin

and just as easily been 3-1 magic. but its not.

maybe instead of firing their coaches, the magic and cavs will just make a trade. :noidea:

MACH1
06-12-2009, 12:30 AM
At least its been an entertaining series so far. By all rights it should be 2-2, and the hack-a-howard works.

SteelersinCA
06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Again, the only thing that disappoints me about the playoffs is the inconsistent reffing. I feel like both teams are wondering what is a foul and what isn't. It's a shame. Other than that the playoffs have been great this year.

lilyoder6
06-12-2009, 01:42 PM
i would say that j.j reddick has improved greatly this yr and during the playoffs.. he may actually be a good role player

Fordy
06-13-2009, 01:11 PM
you're right he scored 32 with 7 rebs and 8 asts, what was I thinking?

YOU could score 32 points if you took nearly 40 shots!

SteelersinCA
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM

Yeah, then why is it that there are only 3 people in the history of the NBA that have averaged 30+pts and 8+ assists in the Finals? #23, #24 and the Logo. Keep trying.

lilyoder6
06-14-2009, 03:47 PM
but when lebron has a high shot att... then it's a whole dif story....

tony hipchest
06-14-2009, 05:57 PM
At least its been an entertaining series so far. By all rights it should be 2-2, and the hack-a-howard works.

it has been a really good series (other than game 1 and the magic then screwing the pooch twice). the greedy fan in me just wants it to come down to a great game 7 like with the pens/redwings.

although i like the magic better, i still feel a bit robbed of the kobe/lebron matchup. i really think kobe would play less team ball and the cavs coulda won in six.

im kinda expecting the series to end tonight. everything says the magic will have their backs to the wall and will come out on fire and fighting with the home court, but im just not feeling it.

they gotta be thinking of the failed opportunities and the virtual insurmountable mountain that lies ahead.

tony hipchest
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
magic meltdown at about 4 min to go in the 2nd quarter.

a fisher 3 followed by 2 by ariza and a excellent jumper from kobe. fisher follows it up with a pump fake at the 3 and a clear path to the basket.

9 point lead turns to 12 point deficit. 16 straight points... magic dont know how (are too young and inexperienced) to handle success.

MACH1
06-14-2009, 09:08 PM
One more quarter to go.
Lakers do have a habit of giving up leads, hopefully not in this one. :hope:

MACH1
06-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Kobe with the dagger!

Its all over but the crying. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
One more quarter to go.
Lakers do have a habit of giving up leads, hopefully not in this one. :hope:this game was over well before half.

honestly, i think robert horry... errrr.. i mean derick fisher delivered the dagger last game.

phil has won 10 of the last 19 titles in the nba and catapults red. :drink:

kobe is a douche and his wife is sporting some pretty impressive cleavage w/o a bra in the postgame celeb. :thumbsup:

MACH1
06-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I just think they wilted under pressure, next year if the magic make it back the experience will pay off big time for them.

tony hipchest
06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
oh yeah, they cracked. from the 12th man all the way up to van gundy.

some of the most experienced of teams couldnt overcome those 2 OT losses (let alone overcome making the dumb mistakes and missing the easy shots that put them in that position in the 1st place).

gotta say, i have no real gripes with the refs in this series. atleast they let the players play this game.

orlando still has a ways to go to make it back especially if they lose turkoglu. celtics w/o garnett is much better off than orlando would be w/o dwight.

get labron someone like gasol and an experienced vet like fisher and it could be lights out.

with that being said, the pens losing to the redwings did them a world of good the 2nd time around but hockey is a competely different animal than basketball.

MACH1
06-14-2009, 10:47 PM
get labron someone like gasol and an experienced vet like fisher and it could be lights out.

I'm sure the Lakers would trade odem straight up for lbj. :laughing:

tony hipchest
06-14-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm sure the Lakers would trade odem straight up for lbj. :laughing:

lol. :scratchchin: looking at the gasol trade, if you threw in ariza the cavs may actually make that trade.

brick
06-15-2009, 12:44 AM
pretty anticlimactic, but the bulls-celtics series was so good that it made up for it. i honestly think the cavs would have made a better series outta this, but it is what it is. if they end up getting shaq though and it's a cavs-lakers showdown next season, now that would be something.

SteelersinCA
06-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Shaqs tweet to Kobe:

"Congratulations kobe, u deserve it. You played great. Enjoy it my man enjoy it. And I know what yur sayin rt now "Shaq how my ass taste".

lilyoder6
06-15-2009, 10:51 AM
pretty anticlimactic, but the bulls-celtics series was so good that it made up for it. i honestly think the cavs would have made a better series outta this, but it is what it is. if they end up getting shaq though and it's a cavs-lakers showdown next season, now that would be something.

naw.. i think lechoke will rear his head again.. when it comes time

revefsreleets
06-15-2009, 11:22 AM
naw.. i think lechoke will rear his head again.. when it comes time
When exactly did Lebron choke?

Ignorance is bliss.

lilyoder6
06-15-2009, 12:18 PM
When exactly did Lebron choke?

Ignorance is bliss.

well if ur gonna give all the credit to lebron for when they win..

they he should be blamed for when they lose....

xfl2001fan
06-15-2009, 12:40 PM
well if ur gonna give all the credit to lebron for when they win..

they he should be blamed for when they lose....

He averaged 40, 8 and 8 in the series with Orlando...how much more did you want him to do? He can't help it if Mo/Z forgot how to hit wide open shots in this series. He can't help that Brown was out coached. All he can do is continue to make play after play.

Steel_12
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM

MJ shot 15-35 in a finals game too...you got something to say about that? Well it doesn't matter anyway lol

Steel_12
06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
He averaged 40, 8 and 8 in the series with Orlando...how much more did you want him to do? He can't help it if Mo/Z forgot how to hit wide open shots in this series. He can't help that Brown was out coached. All he can do is continue to make play after play.

If Shaq comes to your team, will you say LeBron couldn't win it without Shaq lol...man, that is soooo funny to me.

lilyoder6
06-15-2009, 11:21 PM

let's see the difference between kobe and lebron...

lebron=i'm just gonna go play and hope u guys get in ur groove

kobe=i'm gonna teach and talk to u about what the def and off are doing.. where to be on off and def when this person does this...
and he prob has a nice baggy of candy for lamar odom.. lol

thats y 2 me.. kobe is the best... i see kobe all the time teaching and what not.. i don't see that from lebron..

tony hipchest
06-16-2009, 12:25 AM
kobe=i'm gonna teach and talk to u about what the def and off are doing.. where to be on off and def when this person does this...

there are talks that the zenmeister kinda mailed it in this season and rode out the coattails of his superstar. :noidea:

"kobe bryant > phil jackson"

lilyoder6
06-16-2009, 07:58 AM
there are talks that the zenmeister kinda mailed it in this season and rode out the coattails of his superstar. :noidea:

"kobe bryant > phil jackson"

i know there are prob talks going around like that...

i beleive alonzo mourning came out and said that phil took a back seat and kobe was the coach...

and phil could do that since kobe is the best, and his basketball iq is off the charts

xfl2001fan
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
let's see the difference between kobe and lebron...

lebron=i'm just gonna go play and hope u guys get in ur groove

thats y 2 me.. kobe is the best... i see kobe all the time teaching and what not.. i don't see that from lebron..

Proof positive that you have no clue what you are talking about and that all arguments you bring forth hold no veracity whatsoever.

Lebron talks with his coaches as well as his players before, during and after games. He guides both the offense and defense all game long. There have been plenty of games where Mike Brown (reigning coach of the year) deferred to Lebron. During timeouts, when the players huddle up, Lebron is leading the way in most discussions. Maybe you don't see it because you aren't watching the games...or you're watching them through your Kobe-Loving Glasses. Either way, it's painfully obvious that you are missing out on a lot.