PDA

View Full Version : Vontae Davis (CB)

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-18-2009, 07:14 PM
1. Do you think there is a chance he will be there at pick 3?
2. Do you think the Steelers would take a chance and pick him up.

I personlly would be suprissed with both question. Davis will proubably be gone before 32, and the Steelers would shy away from his because of his attitude.

But he would look great in Black and Gold

St33lersguy
04-18-2009, 08:00 PM
He will probalby be gone by pick 32.
i would love to see Vontae in black & gold though.

DGRUBBS
04-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I see him going between the Lions second pick and the Ravens. I dont see him falling anyfarther than that.

I also think the Steelers would pass on him based on Mike Tomlin's comments over the last three years about drafting quality human beings. Vontae has had some "issues" in the past.

SunshineMan21
04-18-2009, 09:13 PM
We don't like to take guys with "character issues," and Vontae certainly fits that bill. If he falls to us he's certainly be the consensus BPA unless someone else fell--if we drafted him in that case it would appear that Tomlin and co. had satisfied themselves as to his character.

I like Vontae as a player but . . .

He might be the best true CB in the draft if Jenkins ends up playing safety. Thus, he's not going to be around at #32.

Dylan
04-18-2009, 10:09 PM
i do think he will fall because of his attitude issues...teams are starting to realize that problem players ruin a team

and i hope that the steelers will pass on him if he is available..great player but a locker room cancer

devilsdancefloor
04-18-2009, 10:29 PM
He isnt a steelers type of guy.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Seems more like a Raiders type of player.:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
04-19-2009, 12:46 PM
This guy probably plays some good ball but I would have to pass on him with his character. We had one and his name was Burris.

DGRUBBS
04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
I dont think we will draft him eeven if he does fall, which he will not.

But in my opinion, if he were to fall and we drafted him I believe that the players we have would be able to not only mould him into a very good player, but someone who could put the charecter issues behind him with the help of our team.

St33lersguy
04-19-2009, 03:23 PM
He will not make it to pick 30 in the Titans but it miraculously happens based on great value & needed depth a CB I would select him in 2 seconds

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
i do think he will fall because of his attitude issues...teams are starting to realize that problem players ruin a team

and i hope that the steelers will pass on him if he is available..great player but a locker room cancer

Bingo!!!...I have him falling to the Ratbirds. Team need meets player mentality,

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
locker room cancer that a great steelrs team will cure. Harrison will put him in his place from day 1