PDA

View Full Version : Second

Steel-Bryan
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Whats your guys second favorite team, or #2 team if you had to pick one OTHER than the steelers ? Im going with the Packers

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

KeiselPower99
04-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Carolina

pittsburghp8baller
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Epic fail...

Close please....

someone needs to chill,

it use to be the broncos for me, but after they traded Cutler not so much anymore.

i cant say i have a true second anymore as i dont watch that much professional football (other than the steelers of course) anymore

ShutDown24
04-20-2009, 09:42 PM
If I really had to pick one I'd probably say the Broncos. Just like the way they seem to go about their business; not like most other teams. (IE: Firing a popular coach, trading a franchise quarterback)

1st&Goal
04-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Any team that plays the Patsies

Guttpuppy
04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Have always said that the Cards were my second fave. My pops played semi pro for a local team called the Chambersburg Cardinals... same logo and unis, so as a kid I kinda pulled for them, back in the Jim Hart days. Still do, fan of Fitz and Boldin.

I also used to pull for the Hawks and Bucs back in the expansion days with Doug Williams, Selmon, Largent, Curt Warner and
Zorn. Still got a soft spot for the Bucs but F the Seachickens anymore.

Steel-Bryan
04-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Epic fail...

Close please....

Epic fail ? :hug:

Kaeg
04-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Meh...since I live in NEPA I have a lot of friends that are Jets and Giants fans. I kinda pull for them sometimes, but it's hard for me to say a second favorite team. I was the biggest Giants fan in the world during SB42 though.

Hapa
04-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Giants because I live in jersey and everyone here is Giants fans.

slippy
04-20-2009, 10:40 PM
penguins

wootawnee
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
The Raiders of the 60's and the 70's.......

MACH1
04-21-2009, 12:01 AM
There are no other teams!

stlrtruck
04-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Whats your guys second favorite team, or #2 team if you had to pick one OTHER than the steelers ? Im going with the Packers

Wait, you mean there's other teams in the NFL?

OX1947
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
2ned favorite team? What are you 12?

The Duke
04-21-2009, 01:14 AM
If I HAD to choose?

I'd shoot whoever is making me choose :ak47:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Where is Bettis/ParkerFan or is it TexansFan when we need him. There is no 2nd team. While I may respect other teams , I don't care for any, but the Steelers. On game day i pull for whoever can help the Steelers.

:rofl: yeah, that kid was good for a few chuckles. If I remember correctly, he liked to touch his hat a lot and post videos about it. :chuckle:

Preacher
04-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Lol. I choose an underdog and root for them, unless it affects the Steelers. I used to root for Seattle, but since their whiny fans ruined it after the SB, I haven't been able to root for them anymore.

Rek
04-21-2009, 03:00 AM
AFC: Believe it or not, I liked the Titans (Eddie George was the man) and Jags

NFC: Packers.

Galax Steeler
04-21-2009, 04:40 AM
I really don't have one but I think the Saints are ok.

fansince'76
04-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Nobody. If it weren't for the Steelers, I would've turned away from the NFL altogether after Spygate.

Rek
04-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Nobody. If it weren't for the Steelers, I would've turned away from the NFL altogether after Spygate.

But the Patriots are the dynasty of this generation :wink02:

BlastFurnace
04-21-2009, 10:43 AM
No-one. I like certain players on other teams and I do follow what the other teams in the league are doing, but I don't care if any other team loses.

I will become a fan of a team for a day..such as the Giants when they played the Pats in the SB, but that is over the second the clock runs out.

fansince'76
04-21-2009, 10:55 AM
But the Patriots are the dynasty of this generation :wink02:

:buttkick: :chuckle:

rbryan
04-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Thats like choosing who my 2nd favorite wife is.

Since I was born in the Burg and not Utah, there is no answer to either question.

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2009, 12:03 PM
The Pitt Panthers.

This year, I'll be hoping the Lions get a win, I feel bad for them, kind of.

Also, I wouldn't mind beating the Saints in the Super Bowl. I always had a soft spot for the Saints since a buddy of mine from Louisiana in the Army was a big Saints fan. Those fans wore bags on their heads for years, they need something to cheer for.

Lions and or Saints can lose to us in the Super Bowl. That would be fine with me.

Steely McSmash
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Penn State is definitely my only other team, more like 1A though.

I've like some scrappy teams such as Harbaugh's colts in the past but not consistently enough to call them favorites.

steelreserve
04-21-2009, 12:40 PM
It's the 49ers for me, since I've lived near SF for the last, like, 25 years. That works out nicely because they and the Steelers never really do anything that affects each other -- it probably wouldn't be possible to like both otherwise.

Also, the fact that the 49ers haven't played anything resembling competitive football for about a decade makes it easy to keep them relegated to the status of an occasionally entertaining sideshow.

MDSteel15
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
WTF there is no other team in the NFL besides the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

steelers4life66
04-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Gotta go with the Colts. I like Old Peyton.

7/39/43
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
1 Pro STEELERS
1 college PITT
1 hockey PENS!
1 baseball PIRATES.
no Basketball
It's a Burgh thing!
by the way GO GUINS!

Texasteel
04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
:rofl: yeah, that kid was good for a few chuckles. If I remember correctly, he liked to touch his hat a lot and post videos about it. :chuckle:

At his age thats probably not the only thing he's touching.

Iowa Hawkeye, and I don't think their on the Steelers schedule.

Steel Head
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
1 Pro STEELERS
1 college PITT
1 hockey PENS!
1 baseball PIRATES.
no Basketball
It's a Burgh thing!
by the way GO GUINS!

same for me except Im a Penn State fan

I dont like any other NFL teams but am a fan of several players and coaches on other teams

Carolina Steelers
04-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Have always said that the Cards were my second fave. My pops played semi pro for a local team called the Chambersburg Cardinals... same logo and unis, so as a kid I kinda pulled for them, back in the Jim Hart days. Still do, fan of Fitz and Boldin.

I also used to pull for the Hawks and Bucs back in the expansion days with Doug Williams, Selmon, Largent, Curt Warner and
Zorn. Still got a soft spot for the Bucs but F the Seachickens anymore.

Thats funny my Dad also played for the Chambersburg Cardinals in the late 70's

SaskSteeler
04-21-2009, 09:38 PM
how bout the browns or bengals? I love watching the steelers vs either one of those teams

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
04-21-2009, 10:01 PM
how bout the browns or bengals? I love watching the steelers vs either one of those teams

I love watching the Bengals and Browns... get CRUSHED by the Steelers.

Rooting for Cin/Clev would be as pleasurable as receiving an unanesthetized vasectomy...

fansince'76
04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Rooting for Cin/Clev would be as pleasurable as receiving an unanesthetized vasectomy...

Ouch! :jawdrop: :horror:

Godfather
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
There isn't really one that stands out. I like to see the Packers do well because Green Bay is a small market that couldn't exist in any other sport. I like to see any team that's never won before join the Lombardi Club. I root for Tulane and LSU players so I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears (Forte) or Chiefs (Dorsey and Bowe) do well.

But none of that can be at the expense of the Steelers and I would have a hard time choosing between the other teams if they played head to head.

steelwall
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I used to keep pretty close tabs on the Bills and the Chiefs and would pull for them on sundays they were not playing the Steelers as two of my close friends were die hards, and we'd allways get together on sundays to watch the games...

I guess we all would pull for the other guy's team when they were playing other teams, but since then not so much.

I guess if it ever came down to a situation where they were in the playoffs and we were not I go with one of them... (Don't have to worry about that one for some time though) Dang that reminds me I need to get in touch with my friend and see what he thinks about the TO signing....

SteelersMongol
04-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Epic fail...

Close please....

2ned favorite team? What are you 12?

If I HAD to choose?

I'd shoot whoever is making me choose :ak47:

:laughing: Oh U guys, stop it. It's only off-season, & the kid is obviously little bored.

Thats like choosing who my 2nd favorite wife is.

Since I was born in the Burg and not Utah, there is no answer to either question.

Hey, I know Utah. :chuckle: But the most R not what U think they R.

SteelersMongol
04-21-2009, 10:39 PM

Oh BTW, if I really have 2 choose, I'd root 4 the Redskins or the Packers. Though lately, I've been wanting the Lions kick some *ss 4 their fans. :wink02: Their fans have suffered way 2 long.

truesteelerfan
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
My 2nd fav teams vary week by week...anyone playing the Ravens or the Cowgirls

hindes204
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
1 Pro STEELERS
1 college PITT
1 hockey PENS!
1 baseball PIRATES.
no Basketball
It's a Burgh thing!
by the way GO GUINS!

EXACTLY my picks....it is a Burgh thing, born and raised in the heart of the city....there is NO 2nd favorite team

Steel-Bryan
04-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Yea man i was bored when i wrote this. I was just bored. :noidea:

steelwall
04-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah the title should probably be which team can you tollerate/dislike the least?

stlrtruck
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I will say this. My uncle, a Redskins fan, and I have a new tradition and we talk every Sunday to wish each other's team luck (unless playing each other). And I do wish for them to win because if the Redskins do well, it keeps me well stocked in home made deer bologna and deer jerky!!!

7/39/43
04-22-2009, 09:22 AM
EXACTLY my picks....it is a Burgh thing, born and raised in the heart of the city....there is NO 2nd favorite team

Wasn't raised in the city but just south in Canonsburg until recently moved to central Pa

NO other team will do!:tt::tt03::helmet:

scsteeler
04-22-2009, 02:38 PM
My 2nd fav teams vary week by week...anyone playing the Ravens or the Cowgirls

You hit the nail on the head that is my second favorite team. Anyone Playing those 2 teams. LOL

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-22-2009, 02:53 PM
The Ravens.....Na...just kidding....I really dont care about anyother team

Vincent
04-22-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't like ANY other team. In any sport.

But over the years, in addition to the Steelers as favorite, when I was young I liked the Sonny Jurgensen Iggles, the Jim Brown Browns, and the Brody 9ers. I respected the Philips Oilers. I liked the George Allen and the Riggo Skins. I liked the 85 Bears. I liked the Favre Packers.

My second favorite teams have always been whoever is playing the cowfelons, the raiders, the cheats, and the rats.

But, no. I don't have a 2nd favorite team. In fact the only reason the league exists is so the Steelers have teams to play.

SteelMember
04-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Like Ricky Bobby would say...

http://modmycomments.com/x/celeb-quotes/ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

:chuckle:

WeegiesWarriors
04-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't like any other team now.

But back when I was young in the 80's I liked the Broncos. ONLY because of the torment they did to the browns during that decade. I also really liked John Elway. To my generation, he is the epitomy of the Franchise QB. I cut my teeth on Mark Malone so I had no Steeler QB to look up to.

SteelersHoss
04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
I cannot beleive that so many people are actually puttinga second team down. It' s the Steelers or Nothing. You donlt have any teams to root for, you have one.

steelballs
04-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't say they're my second favorite team, but I used to follow the Skins until that tool Snyder took over.
Snyder reminds me of Steinbrenner in baseball...both have a lot of $ but no football / baseball knowledge.

warddj86
04-23-2009, 07:35 PM
probably the falcons, i think they got the shaft with the whole vick situation, but ryan came and made everyone say, "michael who?"

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-23-2009, 08:30 PM
I like that Canadian team. What were they called ........the Roughriders........or the other Roughriders.

:rofl: gotta love the creativity.

steelerchad
04-23-2009, 08:40 PM
My motto's always been that I love the Steelers and hate all other teams.
I can't wish good will to any other team. Once we are eliminated from the playoffs I will then hope for the AFC to win unless it's the Pats or Rats. I hate all other teams, but there are different levels of hatred.

Now baseball, I'm not so diehard. I'll always be a Bucco fan. I cheer for the Cards as well as my wife from STL and her dad is as passionate about baseball as I am about football. STL is a baseball town, just like the burgh is all about it's football.

LVSteelersfan
04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
There is no other team. I root for the Steelers in football. Period. I don't watch college football because there are too many things to do in this world than sit and watch football on Saturday and Sunday week after week. I root for the Lakers because I have been a huge fan since about 1968 during the Jerry West days. Steelers football is the only sport I watch with a passion though. Other NFL games bore me because the Steelers aren't playing. Especially NFC games. I HATE THE BYE WEEK. I used to be a huge Pirate fan back in the Roberto Clemente days but baseball and I parted ways after that last strike they had. Baseball teams just buy championships and it is boring as hell to watch on TV. I will go to a AAA game at the park once in awhile but that is about it.

IamTheSteelGod
04-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I like the Giants, Jacobs rules! I would LOVE to see him in the Black and Gold.