PDA

View Full Version : Steelers LB Timmons could be hard to keep out of starting lineup

mesaSteeler
04-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Steelers LB Timmons could be hard to keep out of starting lineup
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+North/Pittsburgh/WWHI/2009/wwhi041709.htm
By Mike Wilkening
April 17, 2009

In two NFL seasons, Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons has flashed considerable potential at times, and never more so than in 2008, when he notched 65 tackles and five sacks in a part-time role.

The way we hear it, the feeling is Timmons will be tough to keep out of the starting lineup in 2009, likely at the expense of ILB Larry Foote.

The good news for the Steelers is that Foote remains an effective run defender and would, at the very least, be a capable reserve if pushed out of the lineup. His presence has allowed the Steelers to slowly develop Timmons, who will only be 23 in May, and that approach has paid off nicely.

The 6-1, 234-pound Timmons, who can also play outside linebacker, has very good athleticism and bolsters an already formidable Steelers pass rush.

tony hipchest
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
i am tony hipchest, and i approve this message. :hunch:

SteelMember
04-21-2009, 07:49 AM
He's a bust! We should trade him NOW before he's exposed. :rolleyes:

Rek
04-21-2009, 09:38 AM
He's a bust! We should trade him NOW before he's exposed. :rolleyes:

I'm worried with all the upcoming FA's, we won't be able to afford Timms too long. He is such a beast, I'm sure he will want his payday and several teams will be happy to offer him it.

Hope I'm wrong :tt:

Sharkissle29
04-21-2009, 12:48 PM
How many years left does timmons have on his contract? Once the mess next year is organized i think we will be alright...

Fire Haley
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM
How many years left does timmons have on his contract?

3 more years?

July 22, 2007
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

PITTSBURGH -- Outside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, the No. 15 pick in the NFL Draft, agreed Sunday with the Pittsburgh Steelers on a five-year contract that could be worth as much as $15 million and guarantees him $8,053,000 in bonus money.

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 01:16 PM
It still makes me salivate to think of the LB corp of: Silverback, Timmons, Laurinaitis and Wood.

Steel Head
04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
It still makes me salivate to think of the LB corp of: Silverback, Timmons, Laurinaitis and Wood.

or even better: Silverback, Timmons, Maualuga and Wood. That would be sick! :tt03:

lilyoder6
04-21-2009, 01:51 PM
or even better: Silverback, Timmons, Maualuga and Wood. That would be sick! :tt03:

i think maualuga is a good lb.. but he won't fit the steelers system.. if anything i would go with james...

but if the steelers would trade a 1st.. i say patrick willis... :flap:

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Maualuga will be out getting coked up and shooting up titty bars...not exactly Tomlin's kind of guy.

austinfrench76
04-21-2009, 06:18 PM
James "The Animal" Laurinitus!

Give It To Abercrombie
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Maualuga will be out getting coked up and shooting up titty bars...not exactly Tomlin's kind of guy.

Wow. Sugar-coat it.

Steel Head
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM

i dont get it

I heard he got into a fight once :noidea:

Steelers & I
04-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm worried with all the upcoming FA's, we won't be able to afford Timms too long. He is such a beast, I'm sure he will want his payday and several teams will be happy to offer him it.
Hope I'm wrong :tt:

I agree 100% with the bold portions. I'm not sold on the beast characterization yet.

This is precisely why I believe that the Steelers should trade him NOW and get something in return.

Steelman16
04-21-2009, 11:02 PM
I agree 100% with the bold portions. I'm not sold on the beast characterization yet.

This is precisely why I believe that the Steelers should trade him NOW and get something in return.

:noidea:

How can you be a beast if you ain't startin'? I think he did pretty well down the stretch last year, especially through the playoffs. That playing time could be considered his "rookie year".

Southern Steelers
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
How about Farrior, Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons?

Wow! we already have the greatest set of LB's in the NFL. Do you realize what other teams would give to have any 2 of ours? We are some greedy fans! I cannot wait for the first defensive stand in 09, we are gonna dominate.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-22-2009, 12:26 AM
How about Farrior, Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons?

. Yup, with Fox, Davis, Arnold Harrison and Scott McKillop as backups ........I would rather trade Foote if possible and get something for him.

Fire Haley
04-24-2009, 06:49 AM
I would rather trade Foote if possibe.

Are all you people on crack

You want to trade our starting ILB on the #1 defense in the NFL so you can score Madden points by playing the back-up?

This is our window - we need to win NOW. Timmons does fine in the nickle, that's where he belongs for now.

The hell with next year.

revefsreleets
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
i dont get it

I heard he got into a fight once :noidea:

He got drunk and knocked a guy out. As part of his plea, he had to go to AA. He was later busted for fighting at a frat party. And we're talking USC here, so that's just what we know.

He also had that retarded little dance he did behind Erin Andrews at the Senior Bowl. I doubt Curry or Laurinaitis would be dancing around acting like a jackass on the football field.

He also had a senior season marred by missed tackles. It seems to me he has all the talent in the World, but his heart and/or head aren't really where they need to be.