PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer Exonerates Kimo

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Classy statement by Carson Palmer in the linked article regarding Kimogate.

"I don't know Kimo personally," Palmer said. "From what I've heard, he's a classy guy. Football is football. I don't think it was malicious at all. He's a guy with a high motor that plays hard and was playing hard.

"It just happened. I don't think in any way he was trying to do anything. It's just part of the game."

Given that his season blew up as he incurred a devastating injury, I have a lot of respect for Palmer clearing Kimo of any criminal intent.

Too bad his coach won't follow Palmer's lead. Today's quote from Marvin Lewis is as follows:

"That kind of play is the play by the rules in place to be a penalty," Lewis said Monday. "The official didn't see it that way. I think everybody who knows Kimo knows he plays hard. He's not a bad player or bad person. He's a good person. But it's unfortunate and it happened."

Let it go Marvin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2285810

Grey
01-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Good find, and I'm glad he said that.

Was anyone else suprised that he didn't come back out to the sidelines yesterday? I thought we'd see him out there to support the team.

Here we go.
Grey

RoethlisBURGHer
01-09-2006, 04:20 PM
It wasn't a penalty because he was BLOCKED INTO PALMER.

Rotorhead
01-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I guess Marvin is the one that is going to be crying about it this time!

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 05:51 PM
The NFL is not giving Kimo a fine, and no penalty!

Palmer is a class act. Kimo probably still feels terrible

SteelersGal17
01-09-2006, 06:08 PM
why would they need to fine him, when it wasn't on purpose? I've heard enough things from Bungles fans that the NFL needs to fine him or suspend him, and it isn't going to happen, so they need to stop complaining and crying about it....what's done is done. It wasn't his fault and he felt bad about it, and....sorry. Once hearing the same thing from Cinn. fans mouth over and over again gets me worked up

CantStop85
01-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Was anyone else suprised that he didn't come back out to the sidelines yesterday? I thought we'd see him out there to support the team.

Maybe...just maybe it was because he was getting his leg checked out and having an MRI done. It's not exactly a 5 minute process. Also, the fact that he couldn't even stand up could have played a role in that.

Just theorizing, though. :blurp:

bengalsfan21
01-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I guess Marvin is the one that is going to be crying about it this time!

Maybe Roethlisberger showed him a thing or two about it

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 09:17 PM
ben has strong knees

CantStop85
01-09-2006, 09:35 PM
ben has strong knees
Really? Have you felt them before? :sofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 10:13 PM
OK so can we now end this discussion about whether it was a dirty play hit and move on ?

Prosdo
01-09-2006, 10:16 PM
OK so can we now end this discussion about whether it was a dirty play hit and move on ?

I would hope so

BigCat
01-10-2006, 05:40 AM
Classy statement by Carson Palmer in the linked article regarding Kimogate.

"I don't know Kimo personally," Palmer said. "From what I've heard, he's a classy guy. Football is football. I don't think it was malicious at all. He's a guy with a high motor that plays hard and was playing hard.

"It just happened. I don't think in any way he was trying to do anything. It's just part of the game."

Given that his season blew up as he incurred a devastating injury, I have a lot of respect for Palmer clearing Kimo of any criminal intent.

Too bad his coach won't follow Palmer's lead. Today's quote from Marvin Lewis is as follows:

"That kind of play is the play by the rules in place to be a penalty," Lewis said Monday. "The official didn't see it that way. I think everybody who knows Kimo knows he plays hard. He's not a bad player or bad person. He's a good person. But it's unfortunate and it happened."

Let it go Marvin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2285810
Palmer is a very classy and professional person. He knows he can do nothing to change the past. So why dwell on something and complain about for the next few months.