PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein's husband cashes in on crisis-- thanks to the senator

Preacher
04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
This article is WAY to long to post here, so I just took the top two paragraphs. Click on the link below to read the rest.

EXCLUSIVE: Senator's husband cashes in on crisis

Feinstein sought $25 billion for agency that awarded contract to spouse

EXCLUSIVE:
On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms.
Mrs. Feinstein's intervention on behalf of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was unusual: the California Democrat isn't a member of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs with jurisdiction over FDIC; and the agency is supposed to operate from money it raises from bank-paid insurance payments - not direct federal dollars.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/21/senate-husbands-firm-cashes-in-on-crisis/

Dino 6 Rings
04-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Read it already Preach, was hoping someone else posted it here.

Its amazing how much money, so many politicians from BOTH sides of the aisle are actually going to make out of the Stimulus and TARP and Budgets that are being passed. Its sickening.

Throw them ALL out!

GBMelBlount
04-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Who cares if our "public servants" line their pockets as long as they protect us from greedy and corrupt capitalists and spread a little of the ill gotten free market wealth our way, right? :chuckle:

Plus, Obama's trickle up economics works every time, right? :toofunny:

revefsreleets
04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
This is shameful. Despicable. Embarrassing. The corruption of the Democrats will almost certainly end up surpassing that of the GOP, and, again, we were all inundated with just how corrupt and evil and awful the GOP were when they were in control.

SteelersinCA
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
This is why we need term limits in Congress, these people get fatter and fatter on our money.

GBMelBlount
04-21-2009, 02:38 PM
This is why we need term limits in Congress, these people get fatter and fatter on our money.

Term limits? How about sperm limits?

I hereby propose a new law forbidding the use of sperm to create any more lawyers and politicians.

SCSTILLER
04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Term limits? How about sperm limits?

I hereby propose a new law forbidding the use of sperm to create any more lawyers and politicians.

We could use Nancy Pelosi's proposed millions for birth control on this idea!

revefsreleets
04-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Where is the outrage? If this were a GOP Senator, this would be headline news, a front page story in every newspaper.

In a related twist, I noticed that my newspaper finally acknowledged Obama's continuation and expansion of Bush's wiretap plan....on page 6!

Hines0wnz
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Read it already Preach, was hoping someone else posted it here.

Its amazing how much money, so many politicians from BOTH sides of the aisle are actually going to make out of the Stimulus and TARP and Budgets that are being passed. Its sickening.

Throw them ALL out!

This is shameful. Despicable. Embarrassing. The corruption of the Democrats will almost certainly end up surpassing that of the GOP, and, again, we were all inundated with just how corrupt and evil and awful the GOP were when they were in control.

Where is the outrage? If this were a GOP Senator, this would be headline news, a front page story in every newspaper.

In a related twist, I noticed that my newspaper finally acknowledged Obama's continuation and expansion of Bush's wiretap plan....on page 6!

With the liberal MSM, stories like this will continue to be pushed away. This is why Internet bloggers and talk radio are ever so important because they are the only ones keeping us mindful of stories like this. If the Repubs dont get re-organized in time for the 2010 elections, the Dems will get the majority they want and then we are really in trouble.

Hines0wnz
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM

We can always dream.