PDA

View Full Version : Cedrick Wilson

Grey
01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Well, Cedrick Wilson had a couple of big catches yesterday, and it seems to me that he's stepped up his level of play a bit in this 5 game run that the Steelers have made. I might be starting to have a little bit of faith in him that he can get it done, and I'm very glad that he hasn't said anything else in the media about not getting the ball.

What do you all think? I believe that all 4 receivers will need to have good games to beat the Colts. We're going to need to score some points.

By the way, any word on Quicy Morgan's ankle?

Here we go.
Grey

Prosdo
01-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Steelers | Morgan suffers high ankle sprain, likely out next week
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:22:15 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Quincy Morgan (ankle) suffered a high ankle sprain during the team's Wild Card game and should miss the Divisional Playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Link: http://www.kffl.com/player/478/NFL

Steelers | Harrison suffers high ankle sprain, likely out next week
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:21:52 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers LB James Harrison (ankle) suffered a high ankle sprain during the team's Wild Card game and should miss the Divisional Playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts.

http://www.kffl.com/player/7123/NFL

Grey
01-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow, I really got the impression that Harrison's injury wasn't serious. That's a tough loss for Sunday.

Here we go.
Grey

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Personally, I have not noticed Wilson's play step up in the last five games. I noticed he finally decided to step it up yesterday. If he played with half the talent he showcased yesterday, maybe I would have a different opinion towards him. He has to do it for more than one game in order to change my opinion.

Ambridge
01-09-2006, 04:23 PM
IMO it's still a wait and see on Cedric Wilson.

I'd like to see him make some more catches and stop acting like a child when he drops a ball.........looking for the flag from the ref and running his mouth afterwards.

Sharkissle29
01-09-2006, 04:46 PM
with cedrick out, can we bring up nate washington from the practice squad? is that a legal move?

clevestinks
01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I`m not sold on Cedric, great game against the Bengals. But he drop a couple easy ones just last week against the Lions! He isn`t a three. El is a Three. Hines is a two. We need a one for next season!

Sharkissle29
01-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I`m not sold on Cedric, great game against the Bengals. But he drop a couple easy ones just last week against the Lions! He isn`t a three. El is a Three. Hines is a two. We need a one for next season!
hines a 2? plz explain cleve.....

Tim
01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
A #1 would be a fast, tall, deep threat receiver. Hines is as tough as they come, but he's not our deep guy. He's the guy that has the guts to go across the field and take those sweet slant routes that Ben seems to love throwing to.

Wilson has caught some long passes, but frankly, a lot of them have been underthrown and he's gotten lucky that the defense wasn't covering very well. I don't think he has the speed to be a legitimate deep threat. Hell, I'd take Quincy over Wilson in that department.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Cedric does have great speed and if there was a ever a time for him to come up big for us in the season, its now !

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 02:38 AM
While I was at training camp I really liked what I saw from Cedrick. As for the season the jury is still out on that one. He hasn't gotten many looks. The comments in the newspaper kinda irritated me from the stand point that he knew this was a run team. But as Blitz said if there was anytime to step up there's none like the present.

SteelerFanInATL
01-10-2006, 01:27 PM
hines a 2? plz explain cleve.....

I agree. Hines is a two. He is our one for now, but more of a two. I would never let him go.
Plex was a one. Tall, fast, deep threat. Remember we did take Gibson in the draft. Many thought he would replace Plex. I thought Wards #'s would drop off this year with Plex gone beause he would get double teamed more. Plex had alot of dt in the past.
Just my $.02 worth.

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 02:09 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Cedric has showed up in the playoffs more than the punk he was replacing had/has/would...

SteelerDan43
01-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, Cedrick Wilson had a couple of big catches yesterday, and it seems to me that he's stepped up his level of play a bit in this 5 game run that the Steelers have made. I might be starting to have a little bit of faith in him that he can get it done, and I'm very glad that he hasn't said anything else in the media about not getting the ball.

What do you all think? I believe that all 4 receivers will need to have good games to beat the Colts. We're going to need to score some points.

By the way, any word on Quicy Morgan's ankle?

Here we go.
Grey

It's being reported now that Morgan actually broke his leg... :helmet:

MichiSteeler
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Im not sold on Cedrick either. One big catch when he was WIDE open doesnt realy make him good. If he is consistantly reliable then ill change my opinion.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I agree. Hines is a two. He is our one for now, but more of a two. I would never let him go.
Plex was a one. Tall, fast, deep threat. Remember we did take Gibson in the draft. Many thought he would replace Plex. I thought Wards #'s would drop off this year with Plex gone beause he would get double teamed more. Plex had alot of dt in the past.
Just my $.02 worth.

I think we agree who should have stayed, but my view is that Plax physically is a #1 but the Steelers let him go because mentally he is a practice squad player.

During mid-season Plax was being puffed as the best off-season FA pickup. However, Plax inevitably reverted to form by dropping a TD pass at the start of the Giants game in Washington, followed up by having no catches this past Sunday, being accused of "venting" and showing frustration by the 3rd quarter of the Carolina game, and by the end of the game being called out by the Fox announcers for quitting on his pass routes.

Steelers could not afford to keep both Plax & Hines - they made the right choice.

augustashark
01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
You dance with who brought ya! regardless if he is a 3 or a 4 we will need him to play and play better than he did during the season. This past sunday was a shot of confidence for him and the passing game.

We have to remember we are not a throw it 40+ times a game type of team. We just need him to make the 20yd come back catch when it is 3rd and 10! If he gets a deep ball then great.....but we must make catches on 3 and long.....Can not afford to have dropped passes in this game. If we have more than 3 dropped passes in this game we will lose! IMO