PDA

View Full Version : Other Stanley Cup Series (potential foes)

OneForTheToe
04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm not happy that Boston had such an easy time of it. I was hoping they would at least have to work up a sweat. But, my god, it is nice to see the Habs lose. That organization, fans, media ect., is so arrogant and full of entitlement, they make Cowboys' fans sound humble. I'm reading and listening to the post mortem over at the CBC website, and you'd swear that not beating the "beans" was a huge upset. Forget the fact that the Habs hardly played themselves into the playoffs.

My favorite new excuse. From CBC reporter: "Some players are telling me that after the announcement came about the possiblre sale of the team, when we were in Pittsburgh, this team was never the same.":rofl: Oh, please - grow a pair if that is true. In fairness, the player they interviewed (not sure who it was), didn't bite much on it, but still....

The Pens continued to get better on the ice the last year of negotiations between the Gov and the Pens when it looked like the team might move to KC. And I believe the Steelers had some ownership indecision this last year as well.

Wow, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder should each buy half of the Habs. That would be so fitting. Can TO skate?

OneForTheToe
04-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Watched the Ducks/Sharks game tonight. That was one of the better shatterring of glass I have seen in a while. Nice style points

Also saw a little of the NJ/ Carolina game. I thought the Canes would win this easily. Brouder is stepping up which I guess shouldn't be surprising.

pittsburghp8baller
04-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Watched the Ducks/Sharks game tonight. That was one of the better shatterring of glass I have seen in a while. Nice style points

Also saw a little of the NJ/ Carolina game. I thought the Canes would win this easily. Brouder is stepping up which I guess shouldn't be surprising.

thats why i didnt want to play New Jersey in the first round. As much as i would be worried about how hot Carolina was coming into the playoffs i was more worried about playing Brodeur in the playoffs.

The Ducks/Sharks series has been a great on to watch, i fell alseep in the middle of the second, you hear about the earthquake that happened during intermission? they said it was a 4.0! Bobby Ryan has amazed me, he gets 70-80 points, 40 goals if he plays a full season. He has a great career ahead of him, for those you dont know, Bobby Ryan was the guy picked second overall in the 2005 draft (the Sidney Crosby sweepstakes).

I think by far the best series to watch as a overall hockey fan has been the Chicago/Calgary series. Its been a great series, back and forth action every game, Chicago wins two, the Calgary wins two. physical play, great goals, everything you want from a playoff series.

The playoffs have been great so far, except the Wings/Jackets series. Every game i have watched have been an entertaining one to watch.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Appears a possible match up with the Bruins or Carolina could be in the Penguins future. The Rangers are now trailing 5-2 in the 3rd at the Garden.

X-Terminator
04-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Appears a possible match up with the Bruins or Carolina could be in the Penguins future. The Rangers are now trailing 5-2 in the 3rd at the Garden.

Washington is going to win Tuesday - the Rangers suck balls and are lucky Florida and Buffalo sucked slightly more. They'd be among the worst teams in the league without Lundqvist. So if Carolina ends up beating New Jersey, they will play Boston and the Pens get the Craps. If New Jersey closes it out tonight, then they likely get Boston. Neither team I'd be particularly thrilled with going up against having to start on the road.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Ray Whitney Goal makes it 1-0 Canes.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
3-0 Carolina after 2 goals by Staal

X-Terminator
04-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Looks like this one is going to Game 7, and I like the Devils' chances there.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Looks like this one is going to Game 7, and I like the Devils' chances there.

Especially since it's at The Rock not to mention.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Unless something happens, Jokinen has guranteed a game 7 on Tuesday.

So that means Tuesday

New York @ Washington
Carolina @ New Jersey

Here's how the pairings would go basing it off of who wins.

Carolina and New York win
Pittsburgh plays Carolina
Boston plays New York

Carolina and Washington win
Pittsburgh plays Washington
Boston plays Carolina

New Jersey and New York Win
Pittsburgh plays New Jersey
Boston plays New York

New Jersey and Washington win
Pittsburgh plays Boston
New Jersey plays Washington

We will know Tuesday night.

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm gonna hafta say I'd rather we play Carolina.

I'd love to have home ice for one more round. It saved our asses. And if the Rangers could knock off the Bruins we could have home ice in the conference finals too!

Edman
04-27-2009, 12:49 AM
I'd like to play Washington again. You know, deliver more playoff pain for their stupid fans.

OneForTheToe
04-27-2009, 01:27 AM
I'd like to play Washington again. You know, deliver more playoff pain for their stupid fans.

I wouldn't mind if we played Washington either. Sure, OV is capable of carrying them for a game or two, which is always a worry when you play a team with a great player. But, of course, the Pens can counter that twice. Also, I like the Pen's chances in any series where their opponents don't have goalie that can step it up and play Fleury like in big moments. Obviously, the Devils and Rangers do possess that type of goalie. Boston probably does. Im not sure Washington does.

X-Terminator
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't mind if we played Washington either. Sure, OV is capable of carrying them for a game or two, which is always a worry when you play a team with a great player. But, of course, the Pens can counter that twice. Also, I like the Pen's chances in any series where their opponents don't have goalie that can step it up and play Fleury like in big moments. Obviously, the Devils and Rangers do possess that type of goalie. Boston probably does. Im not sure Washington does.

Simeon Varlamov has been pretty good for the Craps since taking over for Jose Theodore in game 2, but he's just 22 years old and is facing a team that couldn't score if their lives depended on it. He hasn't gone up against a team like the Pens, and I think they could break him if they end up playing them. Tim Thomas of the Bruins is probably going to win the Vezina Trophy this season, so he is certainly capable of shutting the Pens down. Brodeur until last night has been great, but Lundqvist has faltered a bit. He looked horrible yesterday and hasn't really had a good game since game 2. Don't sweat Cam Ward from Carolina either - he has been every bit as good as Fleury over the last 2 months, plus he has won a Stanley Cup. Out of all of them, I'd rather play NJ, but it looks like it's going to be Boston.

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Lundqvist has faltered a bit.

ha ha!

yeah I'd say so - he was pulled from the last two games, he looked shell-shocked, unhinged, whacked

I'm just happy to be watching playoff hockey. I'd like to see it last another round before playing the #1 team in the east. They didn't get there by accident. They're just as good as the Wings, I'd say

The_WARDen
04-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna hafta say I'd rather we play Carolina.

I'd love to have home ice for one more round. It saved our asses. And if the Rangers could knock off the Bruins we could have home ice in the conference finals too!

how do you figure...they were 2-1 at home and 2-1 in Filthadelphia.

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
We were 2-0 at home to start off.

That's why.

Steel Head
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I'd like to play anyone but the Bruins in the 2nd round. Bruins are a tough team

Caps dont scare me at all

Canes would be a great series

Devils, i think we would def. beat

(I doubt the Rangers beat the Caps tomorrow though)

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 04:01 PM
OK I admit.

I don't want Cam Ward either, really. I don't want Ovie, I'm not sure we're ready to get pounded by the Bruins.

We've had enough games against the devils I'd feel OK about playing them too, I guess.
Marty hasn't looked hot at all, but you never know in the playoffs.

At least our guys get to rest their legs and extra day or two while the other teams have to wring every last drop of effort to get where we are. I'll take it. Bring em on.

SteelCityMan786
04-27-2009, 05:58 PM
OK I admit.

I don't want Cam Ward either, really. I don't want Ovie, I'm not sure we're ready to get pounded by the Bruins.

We've had enough games against the devils I'd feel OK about playing them too, I guess.
Marty hasn't looked hot at all, but you never know in the playoffs.

At least our guys get to rest their legs and extra day or two while the other teams have to wring every last drop of effort to get where we are. I'll take it. Bring em on.

Who says if Ovie or Cam played against the Penguins in the playoffs that they wouldn't shit the bed?

Anyway a word of note, Brashear got suspended 6 games for his hit on Blair Betts in game 6 of their series against the Rags.

X-Terminator
04-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Who says if Ovie or Cam played against the Penguins in the playoffs that they wouldn't shit the bed?

Anyway a word of note, Brashear got suspended 6 games for his hit on Blair Betts in game 6 of their series against the Rags.

Brash got 6 games???? Friggin WOW! I was thinking maybe 2 games max. Do I think the hit was late? Yes. Did he target his head? Yes. But I've seen the exact same thing happen in other games, and not only did the person not get a penalty, there was no suspension. Malkin got nothing more than a fine and a warning from the league when he elbowed somebody in the head late in the season. Brash hits a guy with his shoulder, albeit late, and he gets 6. Friggin ridiculous.

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Blair Betts has a broken orbital bone courtesy of the goon.

X-Terminator
04-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Blair Betts has a broken orbital bone courtesy of the goon.

Yes I know that. It still doesn't change my opinion - I've seen far worse barely get a mention. Milan Lucic of the Bruins actually cross-checked a guy in the chops and he only got a game. Michael Cammalleri of the Flames did the exact same thing Daniel Carcillo did to Talbot, only worse, and he didn't get suspended at all. During the Ducks' cup run 2 years ago, Chris Pronger twice deliberately elbowed guys in the head causing injury, and he got 1 game for each incident. How is what Brashear did worth more than any of those? There is no consistency to NHL suspensions and it is strictly reputation-based. That is my biggest problem. I hate to say it, but if Crosby does the same thing, I bet you he doesn't get a suspension.

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
What are you, his lawyer?

It was a late hit. No question.

CAPS' BRASHEAR SUSPENDED FOR TOTAL OF SIX GAMES

Washington Capitals forward Donald Brashear was suspended for a total of six games by the National Hockey League for two separate incidents in Game 6 against the New York Rangers.

Brashear had a hearing on Monday to discuss his exchange with New York's Colton Orr in the warm-up prior to the game and his late hit on Rangers forward Blair Betts in the first period. Brashear got one game for the incident with Orr and five additional games for his hit on Betts.

The Rangers announced on Monday that Betts suffered a broken orbital bone as a result of the hit and is out indefinitely.

"Brashear delivered a shoulder hit to an unsuspecting player," said Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell in a release. "It is also my opinion that the hit was delivered late and targeted the head of his opponent, causing significant injury."

Brashear will start serving his suspension in Game 7 and it will extend through Washington's next five playoff games, or the 2009/10 regular season depending on how long the Capitals are in the playoffs.

You know what's really funny?

"Avery has no business being in the NHL" ~ John Tortorella

X-Terminator
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM
What are you, his lawyer?

It was a late hit. No question.

CAPS' BRASHEAR SUSPENDED FOR TOTAL OF SIX GAMES

Washington Capitals forward Donald Brashear was suspended for a total of six games by the National Hockey League for two separate incidents in Game 6 against the New York Rangers.

Brashear had a hearing on Monday to discuss his exchange with New York's Colton Orr in the warm-up prior to the game and his late hit on Rangers forward Blair Betts in the first period. Brashear got one game for the incident with Orr and five additional games for his hit on Betts.

The Rangers announced on Monday that Betts suffered a broken orbital bone as a result of the hit and is out indefinitely.

"Brashear delivered a shoulder hit to an unsuspecting player," said Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell in a release. "It is also my opinion that the hit was delivered late and targeted the head of his opponent, causing significant injury."

Brashear will start serving his suspension in Game 7 and it will extend through Washington's next five playoff games, or the 2009/10 regular season depending on how long the Capitals are in the playoffs.

You know what's really funny?

"Avery has no business being in the NHL" ~ John Tortorella

I believe I said the hit was late. I also said it was deserving of a suspension. I just believe the suspension was too harsh when put up against similar incidents.

As a matter of fact, here's an example of a very similar hit:

6wRHHk86KhU

And now, here's Brashear's hit:

hGwrm3sGU8E

All Ott got was a charging major, and no suspension. The only difference is that Betts was injured, while Campbell (who ironically is Colin Campbell's son) was not, and that Brashear was not penalized for his hit - he got 2 for roughing when the Rangers' Mara came after him. Other than that, it's the same type of hit.

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
It's not JUST that play in this case though.

The first incident happened in the pre-game skate.

They took that into account too, but you're right.

If you're a goon and have the rep and act like a goon, the league will treat you like a goon when you go head-hunting.

X-Terminator
04-27-2009, 09:42 PM
It's not JUST that play though.

The first incident happened in the pre-game skate.

They took that into account too.

If you're a goon and have the rep and act like a goon, the league will treat you like a goon when you go head-hunting.

Right, although I don't think he did enough to warrant a suspension there. Just a couple pushes. You'd think he started a bench-clearing brawl the way some people talk about it.

And yes, if you're a goon you do get scrutinized more. So what's Chris Pronger's excuse then? He's only been suspended 8 times in his career and barely got anything for his elbows. Again, that is part of my issue - there is no consistency when it comes to suspensions, and definitely a double standard.

Steel Head
04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Brashear sucks anyways. He is a worthless goon who clearly went after Betts with the intent to injure him just because someone cleanly checked Brashear and he flipped out. 6 games was warranted. Good job by the NHL to send a message that this crap won't be tolerated

X-Terminator
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Brashear sucks anyways. He is a worthless goon who clearly went after Betts with the intent to injure him just because someone cleanly checked Brashear and he flipped out. 6 games was warranted. Good job by the NHL to send a message that this crap won't be tolerated

If it was a clear intent to injure, why wasn't he penalized for the hit? There's no possible way the referees missed it - they were looking right at it. Look, I hate Brashear and think he's nothing but a no-talent thug and would never want him wearing the black and gold, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that this is a fair suspension. It's not. And BTW, he got 5 for the hit + 1 for the pregame warm-up incident.

Steel Head
04-28-2009, 10:03 AM
If it was a clear intent to injure, why wasn't he penalized for the hit?

Seriously? You're using the refs as your argument? Refs have been horrible most of this year. Carcillo didn't get a penalty for decking Talbot and he still got a 1-game suspension

It should have been a 5 minute major penalty which could have changed the outcome of that game. Rangers got screwed

The reason I like the 6 game suspension is because they have handed out several 1-game suspensions recently and this was far worse than those incidents. A 1 or 2 game suspension would have been a total joke

X-Terminator
04-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Seriously? You're using the refs as your argument? Refs have been horrible most of this year. Carcillo didn't get a penalty for decking Talbot and he still got a 1-game suspension

It should have been a 5 minute major penalty which could have changed the outcome of that game. Rangers got screwed

The reason I like the 6 game suspension is because they have handed out several 1-game suspensions recently and this was far worse than those incidents. A 1 or 2 game suspension would have been a total joke

I'll give you that, but it doesn't change the fact that the refs blew the call and makes the suspension look a little bit chintzy. It should have been 5 and a game since Betts was injured, no question. I can understand if the refs don't see it, but that was not the case here.

The hit, however, was not any worse than any hit I've seen during the playoffs. Chris Kunitz damn near killed Kimmo Timonen with a similar hit in game 3, but the difference was Timonen got up and kept playing, while Betts was injured. 2 games for the injury would have sufficed on top of the 1 for the pregame stuff.

Fire Haley
04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Can't have players giving the league a black-eye, so to speak, right before the national tee-vee audience night games start.

It's all about perception. The NHL doesn't want the goons killing someone before primetime.

That is the message.

Edman
04-28-2009, 10:12 PM
A Wild Wild game going on in Jersey. Carolina scores two goals in the final minutes to win 4-3.

The Penguins are going to Washington.

HometownGal
04-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Brashear is a total dik and though I too feel the suspension was a little harsh, I'm not disappointed in the least that he received it. :applaudit:

Looks like we're playing the Craps. I'd have preferred the Devs, but they got beat and it is what it is. I think our boyz will be more than up to the task. :applaudit:

X-Terminator
04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Over the years, the Pens have owned the Craps in the playoffs - seemed like they played them every year from 1991-2001. The Pens have won 4 of the last 5 meetings between the teams, and the only time they lost was the one and only time the Caps made it to the SCF, in 1998, where they were swept by the Red Wings. This is THE dream matchup for the league - Sid and Geno vs. AO and Semin. Doesn't get much better than that.

SteelCityMan786
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM
I think the Capitals will be a good challenge for the Penguins. Varmalov has been good for the Capitals since he was called in favor of Theodore. If the Penguins can play as solid as they did at the end of game 6 and all of game 1 of the Philly series, I think this will be another Penguins victory in 6 or 7 games. The Capitals will be looking for payback for past playoff apperances against the Penguins and even if the Capitals do go down, it will be with a fight.

Here's to another good series by the Penguins.

Remember

WHATEVER IT TAKES, THEY WALK TOGETHER.

X-Terminator
04-28-2009, 10:38 PM
I think the Capitals will be a good challenge for the Penguins. Varmalov has been good for the Capitals since he was called in favor of Theodore. If the Penguins can play as solid as they did at the end of game 6 and all of game 1 of the Philly series, I think this will be another Penguins victory in 6 or 7 games. The Capitals will be looking for payback for past playoff apperances against the Penguins and even if the Capitals do go down, it will be with a fight.

Here's to another good series by the Penguins.

Remember

WHATEVER IT TAKES, THEY WALK TOGETHER.

Varlamov was never tested by the Rangers. Even in his 2 losses, he gave up a total of 3 goals without facing a whole lot of shots. He only had to face 15 shots tonight, just 1 in the 3rd period of a win-or-go-home game. The Rags were one of the lowest-scoring teams in the East this season, and if the NHL didn't have a shootout, they likely don't make the playoffs. Let's see how he does when he has the likes of Sid and Geno peppering him with shots, playing against a team who can put the puck in the net with regularity. My prediction is that he's broken by game 3, if the Pens come to play every night.

Fire Haley
04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I watched the last 5 minutes of both games - now that's drama.

I would have rather been swept or never even made the playoffs than to lose like that.What a stunner.

That kiddies, is what happens when you turn turtle on defense and can't clear the puck.A minute and a half to go in game #7 and you give up 2 easy ones.

All the Debbils fans in the stands after the goal - hands to their face, in utter shock, classic.

Nice choke job Marty.

HometownGal
05-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Ducks and Wings tied at 1-1 at the end of the 1st.

Though it is unlikely to happen, I want to see the Ducks win this series and knock those arrogant red jagoffs out. :thumbsup: :hope:

Fire Haley
05-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Bruins spank the Canes - just like I knew

Soften them up a little guys!

HometownGal
05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Ducks and Wings are tied 3-3 at the close of
the 3rd and are headed to OT.

C'mon Ducks!

pittsburghp8baller
05-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Ducks and Wings are tied 3-3 at the close of
the 3rd and are headed to OT.

C'mon Ducks!

its now in the second OT, hell of a game. Both sides have had really great opportunities.

As you said

Lets Go Ducks!

SteelCityMan786
05-03-2009, 06:22 PM
How many Overtimes are they going to play in Detroit???

Fire Haley
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
3OT

The Ducks win! - that's the way you do it - simple plays, shoot the puck

Now that'll take some starch outta the Wings

SteelCityMan786
05-03-2009, 07:23 PM
3OT

The Ducks win! - that's the way you do it - simple plays, shoot the puck

Now that'll take some starch outta the Wings

That's what Mike Babprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter coached teams do.

If you keep it simple against them, games are wide open.

KeiselPower99
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I caught the ots only and was very impressed with the Ducks.

X-Terminator
05-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Missed the game because it's the Wings, and I didn't want to see them steamroll the Ducks. Nice to see the Ducks get a win - if nothing else, I hope they take the Wings to 7 games and beat them up in the process.

Fire Haley
05-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Canes took Boston to the woodshed too
3-0

X-Terminator
05-04-2009, 12:05 AM
All this means is the Pens need to win tomorrow night, so that they aren't the only team down 2-0.

OneForTheToe
05-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Saw the last two OTs of the Wings'/Ducks' series. I like a number of sports. And most all sports have something that sets them apart from the others. With that in mind, there is nothing like OT in the NHL Playoffs. No other sport - not the NBA, NFL, MLB or even a green white checkered finish can compare. I would love for the Ducks to win this series.:applaudit:

Watched most of the Boston/ Carolina game as well. Another favorable outcome tonight. At least make the Bruins sweat, please? Anybody else see that colision between Chara and Stall? Yikes, that's gota leave a mark.

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Canes beat Bruins in OT 3-2!

The Chin was there revving up the Canes mascot. :laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

OneForTheToe
05-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Canes beat Bruins in OT 3-2!

The Chin was there revving up the Canes mascot. :laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

Saw the OT on Versus. Man there is some good goaltending this year in the playoffs. I guess you can say that any year. Still, in recent years I don't remember so many herculean efforts in losing causes.

OneForTheToe
05-10-2009, 03:38 AM
Nice to see the Chicago take control of their series. Usually, I don't like large city sport's teams (particularly NY and LA), but I don't mind Chicago teams. Given the other choices, I hope the Hawks are the team the Pens' play ifn the SCFs.

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't mind Chicago either, maybe I just like seeing all the Canadian teams lose.

Cam Ward is beating the Boston goons.

He's the guy we have to worry about.

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't mind Chicago either, maybe I just like seeing all the Canadian teams lose.

Cam Ward is beating the Boston goons.

He's the guy we have to worry about.

Don't care who the Penguins play. Both teams still have to bring it every night until the series has been won.

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Yabbut if the Canes win, the Pens get home ice if they can finish off the Caps.

Go Canes!

55BaileyFan
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Penguins...nuff said.

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Detroit wins 4-1 in their series to take 3-2 lead and Boston leads 2-0 at the end of 1.

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 08:59 PM
See there? As soon as I pick a team they start getting clobbered.

3-0 Boston

KeiselPower99
05-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Id really love to see Anaheim come back and stick it to Detroit.

pittsburghp8baller
05-13-2009, 12:44 AM
3 of the 4 conference semi-finals going to game 7. im hoping for Ducks/Hurricanes/Penguins come out as the winners

OneForTheToe
05-13-2009, 01:57 AM
3 of the 4 conference semi-finals going to game 7. im hoping for Ducks/Hurricanes/Penguins come out as the winners

Over all, when is the last time the NHL had a better second round? The Pens/Caps series has been beyond anything, Add to thatthe fact that either of the other two would be the signature series in most years. Truly great hockey. If only these games were primarily on a netork where casual fans were more apt to find them.

Steel Head
05-13-2009, 08:05 AM
yeah overall this is probably the best 2nd round ever

Fire Haley
05-13-2009, 08:09 AM
At least we won't be alone sweating bullets for that game 7.

SteelCityMan786
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
As for tonight's game 7s.

End 2
Detroit 3, Anaheim 2

End 1
Carolina 1, Boston 1

Edman
05-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Detroit and Anaheim are coming at each other hard. Probably the most physical games I have ever seen.

This is incredible playoff hockey.

pittsburghp8baller
05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
dam, that was the longest day of work ive ever done!

Im hoping i can spark an Anaheim comeback!!!

Edman
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Tie Game in Detroit. Wow.

pittsburghp8baller
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
well would you look at that!!!

tied at 3, my boy Bobby Ryan!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-14-2009, 09:31 PM
3-3 in Detroit with about 5 in the 3rd

2-1 Carolina in the 2nd.

SteelCityMan786
05-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Detroit has won 4-3.

SteelCityMan786
05-14-2009, 10:15 PM
2-2 in Boston with 9:36 in the 3rd.

Edman
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Boston and Carolina battling it out in OT. Fantastic Hockey at play.

Dodt
05-14-2009, 11:17 PM
i swear the bruins / cains game might go doulble ot.

Edman
05-14-2009, 11:23 PM
It's the Canes and the Pens in the ECF.

Game 1 in Pittsburgh.

GeneralRobinson
05-15-2009, 06:17 AM
It's the Canes and the Pens in the ECF.

Game 1 in Pittsburgh.

While home-ice advantage could be the difference in this series (although it hasn't hurt Carolina so far), I was looking forward to a Pittsburgh-Boston series. There had been some bad blood building in the regular season, particularly between Crosby and Savard. Plus I live in Providence so I would have gotten a lot of local coverage of the series. The main goal as a Pittsburgh fan is winning no matter the opponent, and I'm sure it won't take long to build up a dislike for Carolina. Looking forward to it.

OneForTheToe
05-17-2009, 03:15 PM
:hope: for Chicago.

OneForTheToe
05-17-2009, 03:32 PM
1-0 Hawks

OneForTheToe
05-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh my god. That could have been a tragedy. One more inch closer and that skate is life threatning. Don't want to see that kind of stuff happen to anybody.

OneForTheToe
05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Gota go to work soon, but Hossa just got lit up.:applaudit:

Not wishing an injury, but it was a nice thing to see.

2-2

Edited 3-2 Wings. :m16::splat:

SteelCityMan786
05-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Make that 4-2 Wings.

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Gota go to work soon, but Hossa just got lit up.:applaudit:

Not wishing an injury, but it was a nice thing to see.

2-2

Edited 3-2 Wings. :m16::splat:

I love than seeing that douchebag traitor get crunched. :banana:

Red Things ahead 4-2 in the waning minuites of the game.

Fire Haley
05-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Poor Hawks - they came out flying, had the Wings on their heels then they gave up a soft goal, got sloppy and lazy and looked like poop for the last two periods. How embarassing.

HometownGal
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Wings and Hawks all tied up at 1 at the end of the 1st.

GO HAWKS!

SteelCityMan786
05-19-2009, 09:10 PM
2-1 Wings.

HometownGal
05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Wings and Hawks tied at 2-2 late in the 3rd. Here's hoping that the Hawks pull this one out! :hope:

SteelCityMan786
05-19-2009, 10:46 PM
They fell 3-2. Hopefully the Hawks can ruffle their feathers a little bit before the end of the series.

Fire Haley
05-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Osgood was a wall. Hawks blunders killed them.

Nuff sad.

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Hawks up on the Wings 2-0 at the end of the 1st. Cheap shot by Cronwell on Marty Havlat - he ended up with a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. Havlat is out of the game due to injury suffered with that dirty hit.

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Dayum. Hawks were up 3-0 midway through the second and the freakin' Wings plopped 3 goals in within minutes of each other to tie up the game at the close of the 2nd.

SteelCityMan786
05-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Dayum. Hawks were up 3-0 midway through the second and the freakin' Wings plopped 3 goals in within minutes of each other to tie up the game at the close of the 2nd.

Appears those suckers still won.

Fire Haley
05-22-2009, 11:48 PM
OT win. Good game Chicago. At least you're making a game of it now.

stlrtruck
05-23-2009, 12:10 AM
OT win. Good game Chicago. At least you're making a game of it now.

I'd like to see them make a better game out of it on Sunday.

Fire Haley
05-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Baby steps. First they gotta pick up the pieces after Havlat getting KO'd by Kronwall.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3558/3555968108_386364f85f_o.jpg

It was a clean hit, when Eddie O says so, it must be true. Keep your head up son.

With a concussion like that though, I don't think he'll be back this series - he had that dead man's stare when he was knocked out.

Edman
05-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Wings send the Hawks to the brink with a 6-1 win in Chicago.

SteelCityMan786
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I wonder how late the game will go in Detroit. 2 Periods NO SCORE.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Wings scored first midway through the 3rd and the Hawks just tied it a few mintues ago. Looks like this one is going to OT.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Detroit just won 2-1 in OT. Looks like we'll be playing back to backers this weekend.

BRING IT ON!

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Detroit's got a hell of a goalie.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Detroit's got a hell of a goalie.

When Osgood is on, he's almost impossible to beat, but with the Pens firepower, I think we'll get to him. We've got one helluva goalie, as well. :tt03:

The Hawks could easily have won that game, but their D hung Huet out to dry with that last goal. I felt really bad for him.

Edman
05-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Welp, it's the Dead Things and bitchass Hossa again.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Welp, it's the Dead Things and bitchass Hossa again.

Good! I can't wait to see Orpik smash that SOB on the boards multiple times. :thumbsup: