PDA

View Full Version : Robiskie in the 1st

TruckedBy86
04-24-2009, 07:37 AM
I wasn't too high on Robiskie in the 1st but I am coming around to the idea...

…can you imagine Holmes/Ward/Robiskie/Sweed/Miller Mendenhall/Parker/The Tank

1) Robiskie WR
2) Eric Wood C/G
3) David Bruton S
4) Dorrell Scott DE or Matt Shaughnessy DE
5a) Greg Toler CB
5b) Lydon Murtha OT or Garrett Reynolds OT
6) Frank Summers RB/FB
7a) Joel Bell OT
7b) Deon Butler WR

Steel Head
04-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Wood will not fall to #64

you can bank on that

xfl2001fan
04-24-2009, 07:58 AM
The thing is, is he really a better player than Max Unger? I don't know that he is. I believe that Unger is better and fills a need at the same time...so he'd be hard to pass up. I actually wonder if the Browns don't try taking him in the 2nd (if Hicks/Heyward-Bey aren't available.)

Do you think that Matt Shaghnessy or Dorrell Scott will still be available that late in the 4th? There are a lot of 3-4 teams out there now...especially now that both KC/GB will be transitioning to it.

I honestly don't know. I will say this, your GM is certainly better than I am...but then again, I don't have a scouting staff. :P

Steel Head
04-24-2009, 08:01 AM
The thing is, is he really a better player than Max Unger?

yes, Wood is better imo

Unger may be more refined but Wood is stronger, more powerful

revefsreleets
04-24-2009, 08:46 AM
I know he's moving fast, but is Robiskie BPA at #32? I like him and think he's really polished, but he still seems Rd 2 material to me, and not late Rd 2.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not some blind OSU homer. I think there are better options at #32, and I think there are better WR's ahead of Robiskie. I also don't really want the Steelers to get involved with Alex Boone, either.

Jenkins? Check. Stud CB and perfect fit for us.
Laurinaitis? Check. Perfect mentality amd skillset to play 3-4 LB for the Steelers.
Freeman? Check. Washington? Check.

But those are the only 4 guys I'd get stoked about having in the B&G.

xfl2001fan
04-24-2009, 10:44 AM
yes, Wood is better imo

Unger may be more refined but Wood is stronger, more powerful

Wood is better, but I was questioning whether he believed that Robiskie was better than Unger? I don't think so. I think of Robiskie as a solid Round 2 (early to Mid in all likelihood) WR talent. I think that the Steelers could easily find better players that fit a greater need than Robiskie at 2. That's all.

I don't know much about Wood, I'll admit. I haven't seen any game film on him that I can remember.

Rev - any team that takes Boone, needs to have him at RT. I don't think he has the skillset to play LT at the NFL level. For that matter, I wasn't impressed with him at LT last year...

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Robiske is good, but the Steelers will have other values ahead of him on the board.

Unger gets to the 2nd level well and is better for a team that plays against a lot of 4-3 teams (Tennesee), while Wood is stronger against big NT's like Hampton, Rogers, Ngata, etc.

Mat Shaunessy is 6'5"- 266lbs. He is not a 3-4 DE. He would have to stand up and play OLB in our system. or DE in a 4-3.

Garret Reynolds is a 7th rounder, but I honestly thing he goes UDFA. Really heavy footed, even for a RT. I think you trade Joel Bell up to the 5th as some think he can play LT and that has value.