I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Are you freaking kidding me this is a bunch of shit :mad: God-dell is a Wh*re

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/8016358.stm

NFL in talks on London Super Bowl
By Tim Love

Shaun Phillips
Over half a million people applied for tickets for last year's clash at Wembley

The NFL has had 'substantive talks' with officials in London about holding the Super Bowl in the city, a senior league official has told BBC Sport.

While commissioner Roger Goodell has previously admitted an interest in bringing the game to London, this is the first confirmation of discussions.

"We've spoken on what it would take to host and for us to bring it over," said events vice-president Frank Supovitz.

"The city has all the facilities needed, and in great quantity."

Supovitz was talking in New York City where the NFL Draft will take place this weekend.

"We have had very substantive conversations with the city of London. We've got to the point of exploring the bid document," he added.

I don't think it's an unrealistic prospect at all

Mark Waller, NFL Head of Sales

Visit London, the capital's official visitor organisation, confirmed that it was pursuing a long-term ambition to bring the Super Bowl to the city.

"Ever since the NFL began playing games in London we have been in discussions with the NFL about what is involved in staging Super Bowl from the host city perspective," said commercial director David Hornby.

"It continues to be something we discuss on a regular basis, without there being any specific timetable or plan in place."

The venues for the next three Super Bowls have already been decided with Dolphin Stadium in Florida, Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Texas and the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indiana putting together successful bids.

But London has become the focal point for the NFL's desire to expand the sport globally, and bringing the sport's showpiece event to the city appears to be a real possibility.

Mark Waller, NFL Head of Sales and Marketing, said: "The NFL is a global property, has a global audience, and London is an incredible city from a sports fan's perspective. I don't think it's an unrealistic prospect at all."

There is certainly good reason for the NFL to believe that a Super Bowl in London would create sufficient interest for the game to be a success.

In October 2007, the NFL staged its first regular season game outside of the Americas, with over 80,000 fans at Wembley watching the New York Giants defeat the Miami Dolphins.

Last year, 83,000 supporters turned out to watch the New Orleans Saints beat the San Diego Chargers.

Visit London estimate that the match brought about 20m to the city with 7,000 team employees, sponsors and their guests crossing the Atlantic.

Tickets for this year's game in October between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New England Patriots sold out more quickly than for the previous two contests.

However, if London is to host one of the biggest sporting events in the world, it will not be for quite some time.

"It won't happen in the next three or four years because we know where the Super Bowls will be, but these are exciting opportunities for us," Supovitz said.

KeiselPower99
04-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Hell to the NO

The Patriot
04-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Might as well. As if the Super Bowl hasn't already been made unaffordable for the average football fan.

fansince'76
04-24-2009, 12:54 PM
See my sig. :coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Lets move it to a country where they already have Islamic Attacks on Buses and trains. This way we make it easier for the bad guys too!

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe the USA can host the English Soccer Championship In exchange, I'm sure the Manchester United Fans wouldn't mind.

So fcking dumb. Its almost hoax like.

lilyoder6
04-24-2009, 01:29 PM
if this does happen roger needs to be shot, ran over and shot again..

stupid effing idea

xfl2001fan
04-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Who cares that it's an American Game, an American tradition and that England couldn't support any sort of a football tradition.

Who cares that our fans pay the most for this game, the players, the coaches, and the owners salaries.

Why bother with that bullshit when you can make a few dollars smooshing with the Brits?

If this happens, I will personally start a petition to boycott the Superbowl.

X-Terminator
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Are you freaking kidding me? Horrible idea, but par for the course for Good Deal. Let's disconnect from your fan base some more, why don't you? :doh: The only possible good thing would be that the game would start at 3 or 4 PM EST instead of 6:18, assuming they start the game at 7 or 8PM GMT.

steelreserve
04-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Might as well. As if the Super Bowl hasn't already been made unaffordable for the average football fan.

Exactly what I was going to say. Except not just in terms of affordability. Whether it's physically attending or even just feeling like you're part of the event, the Super Bowl has been completely removed from the reach of the general public. In terms of accessibility and connection to the average person, it feels about the same as your chances of getting a face-to-face meeting with a U.S. Senator.

So .. yeah, it makes no difference to me where they have the game. Even if it keeps alternating back and forth between Florida and New Orleans like usual, it still might as well be in a foreign country.

Steelman16
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Dude. :doh:

That's all I have to say.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/sign11_23981.gif

NEPAsteeler
04-24-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm officially going to start a revolt against Roger Goodell and everything he's doing to ruin the NFL.

Preacher
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Um.. This may be a bit overblown. I just heard him on the DP show talking about how no significant talks have been had. It sounded more like a "suggestion" that got batted around, and not much else at this point

Steelman16
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Um.. This may be a bit overblown. I just heard him on the DP show talking about how no significant talks have been had. It sounded more like a "suggestion" that got batted around, and not much else at this point

Yeah, but evil has to start somewhere.

Steel-Bryan
04-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Roger goodell reported that he never looked at london or mexico and that , that was a lie

SteelersMongol
04-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I C, well as much as I hate EVERYTHING that Mr. Roger "the Cheatriot" Goodell does in the name of NFL, this is actually only thing that I like from those. U know, the way he is trying 2 make it a world sport. :cya:

OneForTheToe
04-24-2009, 06:22 PM
If they do this I hope the NFL is planning on chartering a few jumbo jets, at their expense, to carry fans of the two teams to the game.

Likely? Not

What is funny about this is, as was said earlier, the NFL Europe failed in Britian completely. The only Euro country where there seemed to be interest was Germany. And yet, we ignore the Germans - at our preril.:wink02:

As long as we are going to turn the NFL into a reality TV show, how about the deck of a U.S. Navy Carrier for the game? If you get wet you are out of bounds.

Preacher
04-24-2009, 06:29 PM
If they do this I hope the NFL is planning on chartering a few jumbo jets, at their expense, to carry fans of the two teams to the game.

Likely? Not

What is funny about this is, as was said earlier, the NFL Europe failed in Britian completely. The only Euro country where there seemed to be interest was Germany. And yet, we ignore the Germans - at our preril.:wink02:

As long as we are going to turn the NFL into a reality TV show, how about the deck of a U.S. Navy Carrier for the game? If you get wet you are out of bounds.

As a nod to the men and woman who fight and die for my freedom, I would be ALL for that, provided they find just a little padding on the decks! :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
04-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I C, well as much as I hate EVERYTHING that Mr. Roger "the Cheatriot" Goodell does in the name of NFL, this is actually only thing that I like from those. U know, the way he is trying 2 make it a world sport. :cya:

I have no problem with him trying to make it a world sport - just not at the expense of the home country. Want to play some games in other countries, that's fine. However, there are plenty of cities in the U.S. - some of whom have put up taxpayer money to build new stadiums- that could use the "bidness." from the biggest sporting event of the year. Furthermore, there are other countries other than London .... um, well you know what I mean.:doh::noidea::wink02:

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Goodell sucks. Keep the Super Bowl on our side of the planet. You can send Preseason games overseas.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Its gonna come a point where you have to pay to watch any nfl game on TV.... This is leading to a money hungry business that the average joe can not afford

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Oh hell no, keep that shit in the United States.

steelwall
04-25-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm suprized Goody hasent taken it to his home country of LaLa Land....

MasterOfPuppets
04-25-2009, 04:43 AM
i'd be done with the nfl if it ever happend...greedy bastards, they forget who'd dollars built and lines thier pockets

Texasteel
04-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Goodell is truly and amazing man. Just when I think that there is no way I can possibly have a lower opinion of him, no way my contempt for him could get worse, he proves me wrong.

I would not relieve myself on him if he was on fire, but I would try to stomp it out.

Galax Steeler
04-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Stupid idea.:doh:

Steeler in Carolina
04-25-2009, 08:12 AM
I just don't understand why even have a game in London at all. That to me was a stupid decision to begin with.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Moving to two - count 'em two games a year outside the USA.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9566516/NFL-considering-another-UK-regular-season-game

This just ain't right.....

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - After seeing fans jam London's Wembley Stadium to watch the NFL the past two years, the league is considering adding a second regular-season game overseas in time for the 2010 season.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday the second game could also be played in London or another location in the United Kingdom. The issue will be discussed at next week's league meetings, and could be included in a larger plan to add up to two regular-season games to the NFL schedule.

"The fan reaction we've had in London has been extraordinary. We would like to feed that passion," Goodell said after speaking at the Charlotte Touchdown Club. "We have a great fan base in the UK. There have been discussions of taking the second game and playing it in another market in the UK. That's something that we'll evaluate."

The NFL first staged a regular-season game in London in 2007, when the New York Giants beat the Miami Dolphins 13-10. Last year, the New Orleans Saints beat the San Diego Chargers 37-32.

The NFL may take further advantage of its London success.

Both games were sellouts, and fans quickly gobbled up tickets for this season's game between the New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Oct. 25.

While Goodell reiterated there are no plans to move the Super Bowl to London, he said a second regular-season game is drawing support from league owners.

"I think the teams have had a great experience that have gone over," Goodell said. "We've been able to build on that and I think teams recognize it's an honor and a privilege to go over and play there. And it can be done without impacting the team negatively."

However, some players have been critical of the overseas game because of the extensive travel involved in the middle of the season. One team also loses a home game in the arrangement, a potential competitive disadvantage.

Saints coach Sean Payton was critical of the "sloppy" field conditions at Wembley Stadium last season and the logistics involved in playing a "home" game in London.

The league did give the Saints and Chargers byes the week after the game. The Patriots and Buccaneers will also have a week off after this year's London game, which counts as a home game for Tampa Bay.

NFL Players Association chief DeMaurice Smith could not immediately be reached for comment on the prospects of a second game overseas.

"The negative is taking the home game away from the fans," Goodell said. "It's another reason why potentially restructuring the season and changing two preseason into regular-season can be something that we find is beneficial to the fans."

Goodell spent about an hour before Tuesday's luncheon visiting with Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, who is recovering from a heart transplant he received on Super Bowl Sunday. Goodell said "the Big Cat will be roaring pretty quick" and indicated they discussed issues on the agenda for the league meetings, which Richardson will not attend.

Goodell said he won't make a recommendation on adding an extra game or two to the schedule at the expense of preseason games and doesn't expect owners to vote on the issue next week.

The collective bargaining agreement will also be discussed, and Goodell said he expects talks with Smith will heat up in early June. The current deal expires after the 2010 season.

Goodell answered written questions from fans at the luncheon, including inquiries on Michael Vick and Brett Favre. One fan asked why a "convicted felon, Michael Vick, be allowed back in the NFL" after he finishes a prison sentence for a dogfighting conviction.

"I would put the emphasis on potential, because we haven't made a decision on that yet," Goodell said. "I think we all to recognize in this world that people make mistakes. I'm not condoning the mistake, what Michael did was horrific."

Goodell said he hasn't spoken to Favre in several months amid reports he's considering playing another season.

"I'm sure as the season gets closer he's going to want to play. It's just the competitive spirit that's made him so great," Goodell said. "But that's a personal decision. Whether teams are interested, they'll have to make a decision on whether it'll improve their teams."

St33lersguy
05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
If you are not as smart as the man depicted below you might want to worry about yourself
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/070326_goodell_hmed_6p_h2.jpg
This is Goodell saying to himself "Why am I so darn stupid?"

Godfather
05-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if that was the one time the Clowns somehow lucked their way into the Super Bowl?

Edman
05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
While we're at it. Let's move the Stanley Cup Finals to Russia, and the World Cup and English Football Championship over here.

I'm sure the fans over in the UK will love it. NOT. Goodell is crap.

steelreserve
05-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, it's always a great idea to have the championship of your sport in a country where your league doesn't have any teams.

Or for that matter, a continent where your league doesn't have any teams.

sherlock
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
God I hope this never happens.
Having a regular game in the UK is an absolute privilege but the SB anywhere other than the USA would be unforgivable...I don`t think I could even watch it.
I`m all for spreading `the word` but come on Mr.Goodell ffs please put this one to bed!:mad:

MasterOfPuppets
05-13-2009, 05:42 PM
NFL considering another UK regular-season game

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - After seeing fans jam London's Wembley Stadium to watch the NFL the past two years, the league is considering adding a second regular-season game overseas in time for the 2010 season.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday the second game could also be played in London or another location in the United Kingdom. The issue will be discussed at next week's league meetings, and could be included in a larger plan to add up to two regular-season games to the NFL schedule.

"The fan reaction we've had in London has been extraordinary. We would like to feed that passion," Goodell said after speaking at the Charlotte Touchdown Club. "We have a great fan base in the UK. There have been discussions of taking the second game and playing it in another market in the UK. That's something that we'll evaluate."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9566516/NFL-considering-another-UK-regular-season-game

"The fan reaction we've had in London has been extraordinary. We would like to feed that passion,"

keep it up goodell....and your gonna see the fan reaction here.....its called a boycott douchebag....:checkit:

The Patriot
05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
This is definitely not the right way to appeal to the European market. I guarantee that 90% of the people who would attend a Super Bowl in the states would attend one in England. What difference does it make if a foreign championship is being played down the street from my house or a thousand miles away? If I can't afford the tickets, I'll just be watching it on TV anyhow.

What the NFL needs to do is link teams to "sister cities" in Europe. ("The London Giants" "The Berlin Chargers"). The teams would never actually play in those cities but it might establish a sports bar culture. I'm not to into European soccer, but if I heard Manchester United was representing Boston, than maybe I'd tune in more.

fansince'76
05-14-2009, 01:34 PM
"The fan reaction we've had in London has been extraordinary. We would like to feed that passion,"

keep it up goodell....and your gonna see the fan reaction here.....its called a boycott douchebag....:checkit:

I'm very seriously considering a personal boycott anyway if (more like when) there's a lockout. I know I'm only one person, but if there are 20-30 million likeminded people who feel the same way out there, that will put a serious dent in league revenue. This asshat is doing his damnedest to kill the golden goose and wreck the league, and I'm just about fed up.