PDA

View Full Version : Matt Stafford signs...

tony hipchest
04-24-2009, 08:21 PM
...autographs in NYC while awaiting tommorows draft.

news at 11:00. :coffee:

is it draft time yet? and whats the hold-up on stafford? haggling over which year you get the $35-40 mil guaranteed portion of your contract?

unbelievable :doh:

SteelersinCA
04-24-2009, 08:29 PM
The Lions would be smart to say, you know what forget it and call Aaron Curry. I bet Seattle would still take Sanchez over Stafford and Stafford would fall to what 8-9, I would LOL.

Steelman16
04-24-2009, 08:41 PM
The best move they could make is not drafting Stafford.

Draft Curry or Monroe!

tony hipchest
04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
the lions have said theyre gonna draft him whether a deal is signed or not (going back on their word, obama must be running their war room).

the deal is pretty much agreed upon, the lions just dont want to give him all his guaranteed money this year. being that the fords are playing with govt bailout mone, i cant quite blame them.

in another interresting twist, the rams spend a thousand bucks on a plane ticket and leak that it is for sanchez after the draft. i wonder what team will fall for that one. :rolleyes:

lilyoder6
04-24-2009, 08:57 PM
i heard that the lions alrdy have a deal in place with curry if they still can't work out a deal with stafford by draft time

revefsreleets
04-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Lions signed Stafford.

They are gonna regret that.

Preacher
04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
What a joke. He is something like the highest payed player in tjhe nfl right now. Never played a down. Like I said... What a joke

St33lersguy
04-25-2009, 02:18 PM
6 years $70+ mil. :headshake: There needs to be a rookie salary. Stafford gets over $10 mil. before even participating in minicamps while proven players who've started in the league get less money. Just like a NCAAF playoff system, there NEEDS to be a rookie salary cap.

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 02:31 PM
6 years $70+ mil. :headshake: There needs to be a rookie salary. Stafford gets over $10 mil. before even participating in minicamps while proven players who've started in the league get less money. Just like a NCAAF playoff system, there NEEDS to be a rookie salary cap.

If I was Stafford, I wouldn't try very hard. LOL Take my money and go home. Never have to worry about the pains that vets have to go through. Never have to worry about surgeries and such. Just play my way out of the league and laugh my way to the bank.

SteelCityMan786
04-25-2009, 02:39 PM

If the owners get their way in the CBA, they will have a cap on that to.

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 02:43 PM
If the owners get their way in the CBA, they will have a cap on that to.

If the players were smart, there would already be a cap on that. This kind of signing will never go down. Because a salary cap is in place...and the economy is taking a turn for the worst...this means that there is less money left over for the veterans who have proven themselves.

Even if Stafford is a decent QB, he will be out performed by at least 30 players from this draft by the time his career is over. He will also have made more than half of them combined. It's straight BS.

tony hipchest
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM
If I was Stafford, I wouldn't try very hard. LOL Take my money and go home. Never have to worry about the pains that vets have to go through. Never have to worry about surgeries and such. Just play my way out of the league and laugh my way to the bank.
ahhhh yes.... there is the "steelers way" and then there is what you are talking about which is the "browns way".

stafford = couch.

Hines0wnz
04-25-2009, 04:32 PM
What a joke. He is something like the highest payed player in tjhe nfl right now. Never played a down. Like I said... What a joke

It will be either the worst draft pick in history...............or the worst draft pick in NFL history.

Poor Lions fans.