PDA

View Full Version : Draft Time????

Hypocycloid
04-24-2009, 08:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how long the first round went last year. Assuming the Steelers don't trade up or down, I would like to get an estimate of what time they will pick.

I unfortunately can't lay in my bed with my computer watching the draft and periodically dozing off like I have done in previous years....also typing on the forms here. I have some stuff I need to do, so I would like to excuse myself from those engagements. I am guessing it will take 4 and half hours to get to the 32nd pick but I am am basing that off of absolutely nothing except maximum pick time minus some minutes.

BTW, isn't it interesting that as little as two months ago everyone was talking about Tyson Jackson and Duke Robinson, nobody has them in their mocks for the Steelers right now.

lilyoder6
04-24-2009, 09:00 PM
i'm thinking it will be like 7/8 when the steelers will be on the clock

Texasteel
04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I am so pumped right now.

Aussie_steeler
04-24-2009, 09:54 PM
last year each team had 10 minutes on the clock in the first. Most teams didnt take the full ten so I am guessing around the 3 hour to 3 1/2 hour mark.

For me that is about 9 - 9.30am. ( the draft starts here at 6am)

Day 2 is the one I am not looking forward to. I will have to be up around the 1am mark to follow the start live on the net.

Today is ANZAC day here ( equivalent to your Memorial Day) so I am guessing I am going to wake up with a sore head for draft day. Cant get any better than that.

Hypocycloid
04-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I am so pumped right now.

I know what you mean. I like analyzing what they did in the draft but there seems to be a let down after the draft because there is no longer any anticipation......well at least there is a new buildup to the start of the season. But it is kind of like being a kid with Christmas Day. You can't fall asleep the night before and you are so nervous you get up at 4:30 AM. You wake your parents who may have only gone to sleep an hour before after staying up all night wrapping presents. Then after you open your presents you are sad because there are no more surprises and your parents are too tired to put all your toys together and take you out to play with them properly The Steelers office is kind of like your parents, working on your presents but they make you have to wait a long time before they take them out to play!!!

....Draft day however, gives more insight as to where the organization is going more so than any other day of the year. That is also why it is so fun.

devilsdancefloor
04-24-2009, 10:13 PM
this may be odd BUT im nervious! not as bad as the superbowl, but man i am ead fo rit to start NOW! this is my first year really into it i watched lat year, but this year im way into it.

Hypocycloid
04-25-2009, 12:22 PM
last year each team had 10 minutes on the clock in the first. Most teams didnt take the full ten so I am guessing around the 3 hour to 3 1/2 hour mark.

For me that is about 9 - 9.30am. ( the draft starts here at 6am)

Day 2 is the one I am not looking forward to. I will have to be up around the 1am mark to follow the start live on the net.

Today is ANZAC day here ( equivalent to your Memorial Day) so I am guessing I am going to wake up with a sore head for draft day. Cant get any better than that.

You rock Aussie Steeler!!!!