PDA

View Full Version : My solutions for NFL Schedule

Steeler in Carolina
04-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Here's my solution for the NFL schedule. Every team plays 17 games. Make 8 home and 8 away. Then, the one extra game on the schedule would be a neutral site game. That would be the game that is played in London, Mexico, etc. However, they could also play a neutral site game in the USA. How about these matchups:

Oakland vs. Arizona in Los Angeles
Dallas vs. anybody in Oklahoma
Pittsburgh vs. Kansas City in Lincoln, Neb

This would allow the league to schedule an extra game, but would also let NFL fans who live in this country that may never get to see an NFL game, attend one.

What do you think?

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I like the idea...but I would give it one more caveat...make it two games. Go with the 18-week schedule, 2-week preseason, 2-bye week setup (so that if a team is traveling to London, that's one bye week used.)

KeiselPower99
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I like the idea...but I would give it one more caveat...make it two games. Go with the 18-week schedule, 2-week preseason, 2-bye week setup (so that if a team is traveling to London, that's one bye week used.)

The 2 bye week idea is tremendous. Play 17 games with 2 bye weeks. And have a neutral site for a game. Pittsburgh vs New Orleans in Dusseldorf Germany.

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 12:58 PM
The 2 bye week idea is tremendous. Play 17 games with 2 bye weeks. And have a neutral site for a game. Pittsburgh vs New Orleans in Dusseldorf Germany.

I still say keep it at 18 regular season games...because then you'll still have an equal number of "home teams".

But, you could have one overseas game and one stateside game. This would allow the NFL to really gauge the interest of a given cities inhabitants in having a team.

I would consider Canada/Mexico games as "stateside" games.

You could then look at places like China for expansion...and reward countries like Germany for their faith in our sport. This would also present great PR opportunities by playing in places that troops overseas are stationed at (Naples Italy, Japan, etc...)

There are plenty of neutral sites to choose from, just find a major college near you and play in their stadium. You could have a Jets/Jaguars game in The Shoe (Columbus), or take a KC/Houston game to the Rose Bowl.

By going to an 18 game schedule, you also bring back 2 more games that are based on the previous years records...which would allow for even more favorable televised matchups. For all that I want to see my Browns play every week, I'm pretty sure the rest of the country would rather see the Steelers/Ravens duke it out as opposed to the usual Ohio Ineptitude Battle that we have going on with our Southern Border Bungles.

MACH1
04-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Need to make one of those neutral games in Boise. :grin:

KeiselPower99
04-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Browns vs Bengals in Columbus. Steelers vs Eagles in Happy Valley

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 01:37 PM

The only reason I didn't mention an all Ohio game in Columbus is because then it's a division game. Naturally, if this season was an 18 game schedule, we could very well have "earned" the right to play each other a third time...if such a situation would come up, I would say that an addendum would have to be added:

"Games played at a Neutral Site do not count as Division games for tie-breaking purposes."

Eagles/Steelers in Happy Valley...holy crap.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2009, 01:47 PM
The only reason I didn't mention an all Ohio game in Columbus is because then it's a division game. Naturally, if this season was an 18 game schedule, we could very well have "earned" the right to play each other a third time...if such a situation would come up, I would say that an addendum would have to be added:

"Games played at a Neutral Site do not count as Division games for tie-breaking purposes."

Eagles/Steelers in Happy Valley...holy crap.

It would be WAR!

Steeler in Carolina
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
I just like the idea of having a game in Boise, ID or Lincoln, NE, or somewhere that doesn't get the chance to see a game, without taking a home game away from somebody.

jev7452
04-26-2009, 03:57 PM

i would loveeeee to see the steelers/eagles game in happy valley!!! s*&t would hit the fan!!!!:tt02:

Psyychoward86
04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Or we can just hire a foreign mercenary to sneak into Goodell's house at night, strangle him, and muffle his screams with a pillow.