PDA

View Full Version : Obama/GE Scandal to Make Watergate Look Like Shirley Temple Movie.

MACH1
04-25-2009, 01:14 PM
jDn1S-DwGm4

Talking Points Memo & Top Story
Will GE get paid for supporting Obama?
"General Electric, which owns NBC, has been very aggressive in supporting President Obama. There is also emerging evidence that GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt and NBC News chief Jeff Zucker told CNBC personnel to stop criticizing Obama's economic policies. In addition, the hateful MSNBC network continues to air vicious attacks, such as when actress Janeane Garofalo called 'tea party' protesters 'racists.' This week Factor producer Jesse Watters attended the GE shareholder meeting and asked Immelt about Garofalo's comments. When Immelt said MSNBC 'has standards,' he was roundly booed. Most CEOs would have stopped NBC's corruption a long time ago, but Immelt may be looking for a major payoff. According to the Washington Examiner, GE is lobbying the Obama administration for bailout money. The company is also pushing for the 'cap and trade' program and would manage billions of dollars should that carbon tax pass Congress. Think about this: A failing corporation may reap billions of dollars if the feds okay the carbon deal. So it's not a stretch to assume that Immelt would want to help President Obama as much as possible. It is a major story when a powerful corporation may be using its power and the airwaves to influence politics in order to make money from government contracts. That kind of corruption would make Watergate look small."

Fox News analyst Laura Ingraham entered the No Spin Zone with her take on the General Electric story. "I'm thinking about how the left," Ingraham said, "turned itself inside and out about Halliburton during the Iraq war. Well, if this story is true, we have a situation where GE is set to make hundreds of millions of dollars off this cap and trade bill. At MSNBC, when they report on these stories, the viewers should know that GE is set to benefit handsomely from this program going through. I'd like to hear from all those high-minded journalism professors." The Factor stressed the magnitude of this allegation. "If this is true, this is an abuse of power that we've never seen before here in America. It's staggering."
Will GE get paid for supporting Obama? (https://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=2325&dest=/pg/jsp/community/tvshowprint.jsp)

How about instead of trying to crucify Bush with a so called " truth commission" lets dig a little deeper into this. And why is it that the main stream media isn't reporting on this. :shake01:

tony hipchest
04-25-2009, 01:20 PM
lol.

bill oreilly is "mainstream" media.

plus how could a rich capitalist ceo of a company be supporting obama? according to some around here, only poor people looking for handouts, support "the big O".

:hunch: no story here. definitely not watergate X 10.

MACH1
04-25-2009, 01:25 PM
lol.

plus how could a rich capitalist ceo of a company be supporting obama? according to some around here, only poor people looking for handouts, support "the big O".

:hunch: no story here. definitely not watergate X 10.

I wouldn't be to sure about that if I were you. Where there's smoke.....

tony hipchest
04-25-2009, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't be to sure about that if I were you. Where there's smoke....."i didnt inhale". :smoker:

revefsreleets
04-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Wait a second! NBC was criticizing Obama?

When?

Where?

Why would anyone pay NBC to stop doing something they weren't doing in the first place?

tony hipchest
04-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Why would anyone pay NBC to stop doing something they weren't doing in the first place?

shhhhh.... you're disrupting the outrage....

:shout:- WATERGATE x 10 !!!!!!

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 03:20 PM
"i didnt inhale". :smoker:

Bill, is that you?

MACH1
04-25-2009, 04:14 PM

I only snorted once. :rolleyes:

Preacher
04-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Once again... Tony mocks and spoofs, instead of dealing with ANYTHING in the actual thread...

Its getting a little sad watching Tony become a caricature of his former self in the political threads.

revefsreleets
04-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Once again... Tony mocks and spoofs, instead of dealing with ANYTHING in the actual thread...

Its getting a little sad watching Tony become a caricature of his former self in the political threads.

Well, what would YOU do if your job was to defend a guy who's clearly out of his league and in over his head?

Preacher
04-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, what would YOU do if your job was to defend a guy who's clearly out of his league and in over his head?

Stop posting :chuckle:

tony hipchest
04-25-2009, 04:45 PM
atleast i have "a job". :wink02:

The Patriot
04-26-2009, 01:11 AM

I don't think it's his job to defend the president. I'm sure he must find it somewhat enjoyable. I move to question your role.

You are forgetting, as a member of the ousted political party, that you find the president disagreeable because he ran on a different political platform during the election (which you apparently disagreed with). So it is no mystery that, since then, you continue to disagree with him. Unfortunately, for you, this is a democracy, and a democracy respects the will of the majority. I know that unyielding confidence in their own judgment can compel some in the minority to drag their feet every step of the way, but it really only serves to be counterproductive to solving the problems at hand.

Obama made things very clear during the election. No one should be surprised. He's doing exactly what America elected him to do. And if you remain unsatisfied with the tally, let me remind you that there are still plenty of governments out there that think the masses are too easily mislead, too uneducated, too emotional, and thus wholly incapable of making their own decisions. I suggest you read up on them.

Hines0wnz
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Obama made things very clear during the election. No one should be surprised. He's doing exactly what America elected him to do. And if you remain unsatisfied with the tally, let me remind you that there are still plenty of governments out there that think the masses are too easily mislead, too uneducated, too emotional, and thus wholly incapable of making their own decisions. I suggest you read up on them.

I didnt vote for him or McCain for that matter but he hasnt done much, if any, of what he said he'd do. From a certain context, you are right because he was elected and he is a politician and doing what's best for the causes of his choice. Unfortunately I dont see the super majority of the populace being one of those causes. I could poo poo and say he is performing "politics as usual" but its still a little early to empty my rhetoric gun on him. I like the guy but he has failed to show me the leadership aspect a President is expected to ascertain from the job. It has been clear that these last 97 days have been OJT for Obama.

I understand the last administration left a bad taste in everyone's mouth but how long are we going to be patient as he figures things out? Spending money like a drunk sailor in Spain (me, once upon a time :laughing:) isnt going to get the economy anywhere. And lest we forget the stupid Taliban in Pakistan. Obama has a tough job, I do not envy him at all, but I feel as smart as he appears to be this is one task's learning curve that may be out of his reach.

GBMelBlount
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
The Patriot

You are forgetting, as a member of the ousted political party, that you find the president disagreeable because he ran on a different political platform during the election (which you apparently disagreed with).

Did you agree with his platform Patriot?

GBMelBlount
04-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Why?

SteelTalons
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM

I like Micheal Bloomberg's quote better... "You bet I did and I enjoyed it."

Anyway pot jokes aside... Oh Obama is PAYING them off... Yes... Sure why not. I think Bill Maher addressed Glenn Becks rant that we are becoming Communist pretty well... :laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSnCKtrHaLw

People are blowing things way out of context. :laughing: Same way Beck is...
At what point has that network even took a shot at Obama? And even if the CEO said this you already KNEW the Cap and Trade would benefit GE. So that's not a SHOCK. How is this a payoff when you could have already seen this coming? They didn't write a check to GE they are just talking about something that HAPPENS to benefit GE.

And they already LIKED Obama over there so telling people to stop complaining would come as a shock?

This is indirect bribing! Damn them! This isn't near as bad as Blago selling the flipping Senate seat. And if the Cap and Trade thing don't go through then GE gets no money... And the O'Reilly gets to bitch about something else and Beck gets to make more impressions!

So all is happy with the world... :hatsoff:

HometownGal
04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Bill, is that you?

Monica "inhaled" too, but it wasn't smoke that she "exhaled". :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Monica "inhaled" too, but it wasn't smoke that she "exhaled". :chuckle:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

HometownGal
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM
He's doing exactly what America elected him to do.

He was elected to force our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren into debt that they had no part in causing? He was elected to bash our country to Arab and Islam leaders? Pray tell - I've been asking this question for weeks on this board - what exactly has The Savior done productive since he's been in office?

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM
He was elected to force our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren into debt that they had no part in causing? He was elected to bash our country to Arab and Islam leaders? Pray tell - I've been asking this question for weeks on this board - what exactly has The Savior done productive since he's been in office?

(Listens to Jeopardy music)

That didn't take long.

SteelTalons
04-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Presidents have been doing that for over 20years... Obama hasn't changed the normal business of Washington in that regard but to me... It seems only logical... If your going to spend money... You need to make it first... So we have to tax. And if your in DEBT as we are now then we REALLY need to pay taxes. Or pull a Berny Madoff on China... :laughing:

I think we are just looking at paying the DEBT off slowly... Sure the grandkids will be paying on it still in the future but thats better than having THEIR parents having to work off the debt to China pretty much living in a slum of a nation. I think the idea is to keep us above water(standard of living) as we find and patch the holes... Then bail the water(debt) out. Its not the fastest method but its better than just letting it sink(spend like crazy and NOT tax)...

The Patriot
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I didnt vote for him or McCain for that matter but he hasnt done much, if any, of what he said he'd do. From a certain context, you are right because he was elected and he is a politician and doing what's best for the causes of his choice. Unfortunately I dont see the super majority of the populace being one of those causes. I could poo poo and say he is performing "politics as usual" but its still a little early to empty my rhetoric gun on him. I like the guy but he has failed to show me the leadership aspect a President is expected to ascertain from the job. It has been clear that these last 97 days have been OJT for Obama.

I understand the last administration left a bad taste in everyone's mouth but how long are we going to be patient as he figures things out? Spending money like a drunk sailor in Spain (me, once upon a time :laughing:) isnt going to get the economy anywhere. And lest we forget the stupid Taliban in Pakistan. Obama has a tough job, I do not envy him at all, but I feel as smart as he appears to be this is one task's learning curve that may be out of his reach.

Did you agree with his platform Patriot?

The presidency is primarily a cheerleading position when it comes to the economy. Character, intelligence, and all the virtues we believe define a great leader fall in second (on a scale of importance) to image. That's just capitalism. Our economy has been based solely on the people's faith in the U.S. government for almost a hundred years now. Ever wonder where all the billions of dollars people lost in the stock market went? Most of it never existed to begin with! People have a certain amount of faith in the value of stock, and when that faith disappears the stocks become worthless. The same applies to the U.S. dollar. There's nobody monitoring the U.S.'s payment plan. The deficit is purely theoretical. It's like borrowing money from yourself.

Image is everything and the Bush Administration unfortunately damaged their image (conceivably through no fault of their own). Iraq is the perfect example. Two presidents, two almost identical strategies, yet one strategy will end the war while the other has dug us deeper into a conflict we should never have started. The press loves Obama, much of America loves Obama, Europe wants to marry Obama. He's intelligent, he's reasonable, and he's not an ideologue, despite some of his rhetoric. He doesn't have to be a great president, he just has to look like one.

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I don't think it's his job to defend the president. I'm sure he must find it somewhat enjoyable. I move to question your role.

You are forgetting, as a member of the ousted political party, that you find the president disagreeable because he ran on a different political platform during the election (which you apparently disagreed with). So it is no mystery that, since then, you continue to disagree with him. Unfortunately, for you, this is a democracy, and a democracy respects the will of the majority. I know that unyielding confidence in their own judgment can compel some in the minority to drag their feet every step of the way, but it really only serves to be counterproductive to solving the problems at hand.

This is wrong on a couple points.

A) Obama ran on many planks of his platform that I disagreed with
B) I still disagree with them.
C) Fortunately, he has adopted so many Bush/McCain stances, that I no longer disagree with Obama on those issues, because Obama has moved so far from his very wrong positions.
D) To clarify, I AGREE with many of the CURRENT Obama positions...but not his campaign promised positions. Those have changed considerably.
E) But I'm still well within my rights to point out his lies, flip-flops and inconsistencies.
F) THAT is my "job".
G) It's good that it irritates people. It should. People SHOULD be irritated, but not with me. I'm just the messenger. Stop hating the messenger and start hating the message.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 10:14 AM
This is wrong on a couple points.

A) Obama ran on many planks of his platform that I disagreed with
B) I still disagree with them.
C) Fortunately, he has adopted so many Bush/McCain stances, that I no longer disagree with Obama on those issues, because Obama has moved so far from his very wrong positions.
D) To clarify, I AGREE with many of the CURRENT Obama positions...but not his campaign promised positions. Those have changed considerably.
E) But I'm still well within my rights to point out his lies, flip-flops and inconsistencies.
F) THAT is my "job".
G) It's good that it irritates people. It should. People SHOULD be irritated, but not with me. I'm just the messenger. Stop hating the messenger and start hating the message.

You forgot one Rev...

H) I'm not a player I just crush a lot. :flap:

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-27-2009, 11:11 AM
So how long does one have to wait before this becomes bigger than Watergate????

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 11:15 AM

With CNN/MSNBC running the show, don't hold your breath. They won't report it. Obama is the savior. Only Fox News will report it...and they'll just got shouted down/ridiculed/deflected away by the other outlets.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-27-2009, 01:07 PM
:doh:Oh I see!:coffee:

GBMelBlount
04-27-2009, 01:22 PM
tony hipchest

lol

Does that matter more than whether or not the allegations are true? Based on your post, it clearly appears you feel that way.

tony hipchest
plus how could a rich capitalist ceo of a company be supporting obama?

Lots of them do because they feel Obama is more likely to pass legislation that would line their pockets.

GBMelBlount
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM

Good question. My question is, if these allegations turn out to be true, and provable, do you not think this is a big deal?

Hines0wnz
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Lots of them do because they feel Obama is more likely to pass legislation that would line their pockets.

Because there is no such thing as a millionaire Democrat/liberal. :blah: :coffee:

fansince'76
04-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Because there is no such thing as a millionaire Democrat/liberal. :blah: :coffee:

I thought Hollywood was pretty much full of them? :noidea: :wink02:

steelreserve
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM

Basically, the millionaire Republicans are the ones who worked their asses off to earn their money, or spent a lot of time and stress making the right moves to get rich.

The millionaire Democrats are mostly the ones who lucked into it or inherited it, or have been so rich for so long that it won't affect them to lose a few million. In other words, the people to whom the value of a dollar is an arbitrary, abstract concept.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Good question. My question is, if these allegations turn out to be true, and provable, do you not think this is a big deal?
IF it is true( after all it's Fox) it would be a big deal, but in noway would it rival Watergate! And I doubt GE would make a tenth of what Halliburton did off the war in Iraq.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
IF it is true( after all it's Fox) it would be a big deal, but in noway would it rival Watergate! And I doubt GE would make a tenth of what Halliburton did off the war in Iraq.

Haliburton is making money because they provide a service to this country. Yeah, the Government could probably save a killing by upping our military and having us handle it all, but that's the choice that was made.

GE would benefit for political reasons. Plain and simple. They push this bill, they use their job as "News Reporters" to force an agenda down peoples throats, whether that agenda is good for America or not, to make a lot of money. Of course Fox is going to report it. There are two reasons, one, they won't make anything off of this bill being passed, two because this is a liberal agenda...and Fox is the conservative network.

Haliburton - Making money because we are willing to pay them to do so.
GE - Making money because of a political move.

Two very different scenarios. I doubt that Haliburton has near the clout as GE/MSNBC. But go ahead and deflect away. That is the liberal way of doing things. Nothing to see, nothing to hear.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-27-2009, 06:33 PM
No Halliburton is making money because they got a no bid govt. contract to "rebuild" a nation we destroyed. But I digress. So there are only two ways Americans can get their news???? I haven't seen anything more on Fox about it either. If this story is so big it's a wonder no one else picked up on it. Oh that's right there are only Conservative, and liberal media outlets.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
No Halliburton is making money because they got a no bid govt. contract to "rebuild" a nation we destroyed. But I digress. So there are only two ways Americans can get their news???? I haven't seen anything more on Fox about it either. If this story is so big it's a wonder no one else picked up on it. Oh that's right there are only Conservative, and liberal media outlets.

Who let that happen? The Federal Government. Nobody reported on that, that I'm aware of. Haliburton isn't the only contractor in Iraq right now either. They're the biggest player, no doubt, but not the only one.

Which media outlet do you consider middle of the road? It's not going to be any of the major networks. 90% of the problem with the news today isn't what's being reported, but how it's being reported. Fox News first reported this whole scandal. Should they try to pound this into our head every single day?

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
I agree it's difficult in this day to find an unbiased media outlet. I primarily get my news from C-Span, BBC, and PBS. But you better believe that if this story had legs Bill and the boys at Fox would be pounding into our heads every day!!!!