PDA

View Full Version : Cassel gets 6 years / $36 mil contract

Steelman16
04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
From rotoworld:

Matt Cassel-QB-Chiefs Apr. 25 - 2:26 pm et

Chiefs signed QB Matt Cassel to a six-year contract with $36 million guaranteed.
Cassel's previous salary, $14.65 million, would've been too much of a cap burden for the Chiefs to not make this move. The guaranteed portion is more than Matt Ryan's deal from 2008, but less than Matthew Stafford's. The Chiefs are expected to use a similar offense to what Cassel played in with New England last season. The spread-out, shotgun-based attack will lead to a high number of pass attempts, giving Cassel strong fantasy upside.

fansince'76
04-25-2009, 01:54 PM
The spread-out, shotgun-based attack will lead to a high number of pass attempts, giving Cassel strong fantasy upside.

And after all, that's what really matters, right? :rolleyes: FF has ruined so many football fans, it isn't even funny.

lilyoder6
04-25-2009, 02:10 PM
well in that case.. bowe will be a good pick for FF but lj will drop in rankings,,, lol

love the fact evry move has 2 have a FF impact

revefsreleets
04-25-2009, 02:22 PM
36 guaranteed?

Wow. Derek Anderson II got PAID!!!!

The_WARDen
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Talk about a waste of money.

Last I checked, KC doesn't have Randy Moss on their roster. Best of luck though...

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 09:44 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Talk about a waste of money.

Last I checked, KC doesn't have Randy Moss on their roster. Best of luck though...

Equally as important, do they have a Wes Welker? Hmmm

The_WARDen
04-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Equally as important, do they have a Wes Welker? Hmmm

Wes Welker is an average player without Moss. It's tough to cover the vertical game as well as the underneath stuff and when Moss takes 2 defenders deep, it's just a numbers game for Welker.

But hey, he's really good at being Robin to Moss' Batman.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Wes Welker is an average player without Moss. It's tough to cover the vertical game as well as the underneath stuff and when Moss takes 2 defenders deep, it's just a numbers game for Welker.

But hey, he's really good at being Robin to Moss' Batman.

Just the same, he does help open things up for Moss, because he is so good underneath. On third and mid-short, you know they're looking at Welker...and yet, he still gets open and gets the catch (more often than not.)

He's not near the redzone threat that Moss is, but 111 catches for 1165 yards still isn't bad. I can't think of one team who wouldn't want him playing in the slot this year.

steelreserve
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
That's still way too much money to be paying a backup QB.

I mean, they can call him something else if they want, but his talent level is still backup.

How does that saying go? "You can take the hooker off the street, but you can't take the street..."

The_WARDen
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
To quote Joey Porter, "He's Matt Cassell, we have to treat him like Matt Cassell!" or something to that effect...