PDA

View Full Version : WTH MANKOK???

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 05:31 PM
I like what MANKOK has done in getting more picks and working your way down the draft as well.

Not only do we save money, we have a few more NFL ready players...though more like 2nd string (from the Jets).

Then, we take a guy that will likely start at RG for us. If you want to know how good your QB's are...you have to be able to protect them. Detroit doesn't realize this. MANKOK does.

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Lol you have no idea how many Steeler fans are pissed that the browns got Mack.

It's about time the Browns did something to piss either the Steelers or their fans off.

Of course, I mean by doing something football related...not just stomping on a yellow towel or anything asinine like that.

Hopefully, this will become a trend!

Crushzilla
04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
It's about time the Browns did something to piss either the Steelers or their fans off.

Of course, I mean by doing something football related...not just stomping on a yellow towel or anything asinine like that.

Hopefully, this will become a trend!

I thought this was the case, too.

Apparently, Mack wasn't really rated that high on their board according to a writer that covers the team.

I don't know if that's true.

I liked the guy, though. Nice pick for the Brownies. Grats.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Effen Browns took the guy I wanted!

That is a first, I expected them to take Matthews.

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 07:30 PM
And now we got a polished WR in Robiskie.

Robiskie may not be as athletically gifted as Edwards, but he's sure handed and runs good routes...which is what a good WR does.

Could it be that we have two solid picks in a row? Not necessarily great, but solid. Might we be turning things around for a change?

SteelersinCA
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Doubtful, they are from Cleveland, OH. Always remember that.:flap:

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Doubtful, they are from Cleveland, OH. Always remember that.:flap:

I used to like you. I'm not so sure why at this point in time. :flap:

SteelersinCA
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Haha, I wouldn't mind seeing the browns get a little better actually. Just not too good. I like Brady Quinn for some inexplicable reason.

BlastFurnace
04-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I like what MANKOK has done in getting more picks and working your way down the draft as well.

Not only do we save money, we have a few more NFL ready players...though more like 2nd string (from the Jets).

Then, we take a guy that will likely start at RG for us. If you want to know how good your QB's are...you have to be able to protect them. Detroit doesn't realize this. MANKOK does.

I love the name Mankok. Probably the funniest nickname I have heard in a long time.

KeiselPower99
04-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Mack in Rd.1 and Veikune in Rd.2 with a few WRs there might be some hope up there soon.

xfl2001fan
04-26-2009, 08:42 AM
So at the end of the day, we got:

Starting DE from the Jets
Starting S from the Jets
Backup QB from the Jets (DA trade coming soon?)

- Alex Mack, a guy who looks like he'll do better against the likes of Hampton/Ngata at C
- Robiskie, a guy who could probably come in and instantly be our #2 WR (even if we had Joe J and Donte was healthy)
- Massaquoai (I need to learn to spell that name) another possession WR, which, considering how BQ likes to throw the underneath/safe routes, isn't a terrible thing
- Veikune - A guy with a non-stop motor who might be able to start at LOLB across from Wimbley

All in all, it doesn't seem like a terrible first day to the draft. Nothing spectacular. Nothing flashy. Just some solid additions to (potentially) take a step in the right direction.

Dino 6 Rings
04-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes, it appears the Browns are trying to put together a cute little team this year.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
04-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Funny to see Steeler fans actually liking the picks.

Everyone on the Browns boards are pretty much ticked that we passed on Wells, Maulauga or Matthews.

I'm not one of those actually. I'm liking this Mack guy more and more.

Also am shocked you guys didn't go after Maulauga or Laurinitis with No. 32.

Dino 6 Rings
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM

Everyone on the Browns boards are pretty much ticked that we passed on Wells, Maulauga or Matthews.

would have been a hard sell with Timmons and Woodley both young and talented and on the roster as starters.

Maualuaga would have been nice in the Black and Gold, now he goes to Purgitory and we'll never here from him again...too bad.

SteelersinCA
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Him and Rivers could be formidable, but the rest of the D is still the Bungles.

xfl2001fan
04-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Him and Rivers could be formidable, but the rest of the D is still the Bungles.

Seriously? A slower dumber version of Ray Stabbit...on a team that doesn't have near as much combined talent as the Ravens.

Sorry, there's a reason why he slipped to the second round.

Psyychoward86
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM

Rey's another convict, and yes, he is sort of like a slow version of Rayray, the Shanking Wonder

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Maualuga would never be a Steeler. But he's the perfect Bengal.

I think the Browns may have had their best draft since the late 70's, early 80's. They got extra picks and actually used them wisely. It was well played...

I'm not at all surprised that their fans are perplexed. They've been mired in the muck of mediocrity for so long, they wouldn't know a good draft if it came up and bit them on the ass...

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Maualuga would never be a Steeler. But he's the perfect Bengal.

I think the Browns may have had their best draft since the late 70's, early 80's. They got extra picks and actually used them wisely. It was well played...

I'm not at all surprised that their fans are perplexed. They've been mired in the muck of mediocrity for so long, they wouldn't know a good draft if it came up and bit them on the ass...

Dammit Revs, at least use the word "Most" as a preface when discussing the fans. :flap: I think it was a solid draft. I don't want flashy. Flashy landed us Tim Couch, Gerrard Warren, can't even remember the halfback we got in the first round drafted by Butch Davis.

A lot of solid pickups that seem to fit into (at least defensively) the scheme that Mangini wants to run.

Courtney Brown was a fluke. He wasn't injury prone until after he came to the NFL, but when healthy, he was a beast. Just crappy luck (or as you could call it, the Cleveland Curse).

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, to be fair, the Cleveland curse probably is still in effect. I'm sure at least one of your top 3-4 picks has a season or career ending injury in camp, and I don't see any reason why there won't be yet another Staph epidemic this year.

But at least there are 11 players to prey on instead of only 5-6 this year...

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Well, to be fair, the Cleveland curse probably is still in effect. I'm sure at least one of your top 3-4 picks has a season or career ending injury in camp, and I don't see any reason why there won't be yet another Staph epidemic this year.

But at least there are 11 players to prey on instead of only 5-6 this year...

As long as Robiskie is left alone, I think I can live with that. He at least seems to be the closest thing to a sure thing we have. I thought I saw somewhere that Massaquoi has some concentration issues. If possible, I'd like to avoid that kind of trouble with Alex Mack as well. Smart kid who could actually be a decent Pivot for us. Slide Fraley to RG (or just have him back up both positions) and we'll be set.