PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing to me how other teams still dont get it...

zsheik22
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
The fans boo when their team doesnt draft a flashy player or someone that can run a 4.1. Steelers always sit back and take the essentials but the guys might not be the most known and it always works out.

Stafford = bust. Theyre gonna ruin that poor kid if they throw him to the wolves his first season. Chances of finding the next great QB that can start his rookie year is slim to none, and they usually dont come in the first few picks. I think Sanchez will do ok though.

Your thoughts?

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Sanchez is screwed. Stafford is screwed. Minnesota is an idiot. I think the Browns could have gone with a better player/better fit for a need...but still got a solid contributor. Trading down (and saving money), helping shore up an already solid offensive line...and getting more picks...I'm cool with that.

Yeah, that's about it at this time.

zsheik22
04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Sanchez is screwed. Stafford is screwed. Minnesota is an idiot. I think the Browns could have gone with a better player/better fit for a need...but still got a solid contributor. Trading down (and saving money), helping shore up an already solid offensive line...and getting more picks...I'm cool with that.

Why do you think sanchez is screwed? I think the jets D will get better which should help immensely. The line is good, the RB's had a good year. If they get a nice WR he will be even better.

xfl2001fan
04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Why do you think sanchez is screwed? I think the jets D will get better which should help immensely. The line is good, the RB's had a good year. If they get a nice WR he will be even better.

That, my Steelers friend, is why.

The line is ok...but that former Steelers guard is not getting any younger...

steelreserve
04-25-2009, 07:10 PM
The Lions are stupid. There were no good QBs in the draft this year, but they forced it anyway and took the best of a shitty class. They would've been much better off just letting Culpepper take a beating for another season and see if they could get a real QB in next year's draft. Then maybe he'd have some good players around him. It's not like taking Stafford is going to make the Lions not suck this year, so they ought to have been resigned to that. Where were they when they were passing out the brains?

zsheik22
04-25-2009, 07:23 PM
The Lions are stupid. There were no good QBs in the draft this year, but they forced it anyway and took the best of a shitty class. They would've been much better off just letting Culpepper take a beating for another season and see if they could get a real QB in next year's draft. Then maybe he'd have some good players around him. It's not like taking Stafford is going to make the Lions not suck this year, so they ought to have been resigned to that. Where were they when they were passing out the brains?

To me it seemed like they should have traded off that pick to get some more higher round picks.... QB isnt just the issue with the lions, the entire team and staff was. They got one good WR and 1-2 other good players, thats about it.

Hines0wnz
04-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Sanchez only has 16 more starts than Cassell coming into the NFL. There's one.

Steel-Bryan
04-25-2009, 08:09 PM

AMEN. :jammin:

SteelRNation
04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Lions got a great QB to guide them. Let me put it this way, he is alot better then Joey harrington...the other guy they liked and drafted to save them. I had to convince other Steeler fans how good Big Ben was when the Steelers drafted him because alot never heard of him. Stafford is a smart, strong armed QB who can manage a game. He'll be good.

Rek
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Lions got a great QB to guide them. Let me put it this way, he is alot better then Joey harrington...the other guy they liked and drafted to save them. I had to convince other Steeler fans how good Big Ben was when the Steelers drafted him because alot never heard of him. Stafford is a smart, strong armed QB who can manage a game. He'll be good.

Well, ANYONE is better than Joey Harrington. That's like saying you have the best smelling fart in the room.

SteelRNation
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, ANYONE is better than Joey Harrington. That's like saying you have the best smelling fart in the room.

Hindsight is great, huh? I bet you didnt know that until after his career in the pro's started.

Mags87
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM

care to elaborate on that? i think Harvin is a good choice for them, and that offensive lineman should give Rosenfels a little more time to get it to him.

4n2t0
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
To me it seemed like they should have traded off that pick to get some more higher round picks.... QB isnt just the issue with the lions, the entire team and staff was. They got one good WR and 1-2 other good players, thats about it.

What team would have given up almost everything to get into the 1 spot, then pay 40+ million in guaranteed money zsheik?

It's easy to sit back and play general manager for a day but the truth is that no one on this board is more informed then the teams themselves.

The draft, at best, is a crap shoot. Pick your guy and hope for the best!

billybob
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Dudes Detroit sucked for a long time , looks like they are trying not to suck anymore . I am not yet convinced they still won't suck , they should have built a team by now on first round picks. To me they are the Browns of the nfc. They suck period , they will continue to suck . The more they try not to suck , the more they suck . Billy Simms , and Barry Sanders were two of the best runningbacks , maybe not the best , but two of the best to ever grab a football. They still sucked with those stars on their team. It is amazing how they can continually suck at such a constant pace. I know they are one of the oldest franchises in nfl history , but when you are around for as long as they have been , you would think they would learn something about what is required to have a successful team. I have to agree , they still don't get it !!

KeiselPower99
04-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Stafford is worse then Harrington. Sanchez will be tore apart by the Ny media. Both are overrated.

Hawkeye
04-25-2009, 11:48 PM
gotta luv Al Davis!!

old man still thinks its 1974

SteelRNation
04-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Fella's, look at ya'll. We are the Steelers. 6 time Super Bowl Champs and ya'll are finding fun in the misfortune of the the Lions? I think they made a great pick in Stafford. I think they made a great choice in firing Millian. I think they made a great choice in hiring Jim Schwartz. We are the king of the mountain. No need to find solice in the misery of others. Its kinda like us laughing at the Houston Texans or the buffalo Bills, ect... We are the champs and are on top. Lets show some class.(until the Pats fans show up, then its a free for all)

Galax Steeler
04-26-2009, 07:03 AM
gotta luv Al Davis!!

old man still thinks its 1974

Yea agreed I didn't really agree with their no.1 pick this year. They went around alot of talent that could have helped them this year.

AllD
04-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Al Davis lets his ego get the best of him again and sinks the team on draft day...again. All the hype of how the Raiders were going to be different with Cable as new coach, was total BS. There is more spin in sports media than on CNN. Whoever said put a helmet on a greyhound dog and Davis will draft him #1 was right on.

Boos go to all the analysts who talked up Stafford like they were getting a piece of his contract.

It's easy to figure out who has the best chance of making the Super Bowl by the way they conduct themselves in the off-season and during the draft. We are down to about 10 teams that have not already elminated themselves statistically. Forget about any team with a new coach or QB. Also remove any team in a continuous rebuilding mode. Eliminate any team from Ohio and any team with a head coach named Norv Turner or owned by Jerry Jones or Al Davis.

Realistically we can look at New Orleans, Philly, Minn, Atlanta, Giants, Cards, NE, and Steelers. There is always a chance that some intangibles will elevate a team, but not likely.

CPanther95
04-26-2009, 09:42 AM
The fans boo when their team doesnt draft a flashy player or someone that can run a 4.1. Steelers always sit back and take the essentials but the guys might not be the most known and it always works out.

Stafford = bust. Theyre gonna ruin that poor kid if they throw him to the wolves his first season. Chances of finding the next great QB that can start his rookie year is slim to none, and they usually dont come in the first few picks. I think Sanchez will do ok though.

Your thoughts?

Sounds like if you were a Lions fan, you'd have booed at their first pick. :chuckle:

There is always lots of second-guessing because there are typically a handful of realistic possibilities at each pick and everyone has their favorite. The ones that wanted any of the others will be booing and griping.

xfl2001fan
04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
care to elaborate on that? i think Harvin is a good choice for them, and that offensive lineman should give Rosenfels a little more time to get it to him.

Harvin is a good choice for them? Seriously? Wait, they had the boat scandal. Bengals North. Got it. You're right, he fits in perfectly with them.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2009, 09:54 AM
IMHO, with the money the Lions were shelling out with the first overall pick, they should have taken Jason Smith the OT out of Baylor.

Is there a chance that Stafford is going to be a Pro Bowl, Super Bowl winning quarterback? Yeah of course.

However, who exactly is protecting him, specifically his blind side? How many TD passes is he going to throw from his ass?

Stafford is the NFL's next Tim Couch. Talent loaded, but with no offensive line to protect him, he will be ravaged by injuries.

zsheik22
04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
What team would have given up almost everything to get into the 1 spot, then pay 40+ million in guaranteed money zsheik?

It's easy to sit back and play general manager for a day but the truth is that no one on this board is more informed then the teams themselves.

The draft, at best, is a crap shoot. Pick your guy and hope for the best!

If you're stuck with the pick after you shopped it out, take another position. Stafford is going to be a bust. Theyre gonna let that poor kid be eaten alive if they attempt to start him right away. The chances of finding your franchise QB is seriously slim pickens, and if he has a nasty first year, he may never get another chance again.

We play the lions this season friend, can you imagine poor stafford looking into the eyes of silverback? Hes going to take the snap and curl into a fetal position.

zsheik22
04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
IMHO, with the money the Lions were shelling out with the first overall pick, they should have taken Jason Smith the OT out of Baylor.

Is there a chance that Stafford is going to be a Pro Bowl, Super Bowl winning quarterback? Yeah of course.

However, who exactly is protecting him, specifically his blind side? How many TD passes is he going to throw from his ass?

Stafford is the NFL's next Tim Couch. Talent loaded, but with no offensive line to protect him, he will be ravaged by injuries.

Very well said. I kind of danced around it, but this is pretty much exactly what I meant.

Avoid LLoyd1975
04-27-2009, 12:01 AM

I rest my case as well. Bradford, McCoy, Tebow...etc., coming out next year...The Lions are idiots.