PDA

View Full Version : TO to the Bucs?

Prosdo
01-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Yes, Keyshawn Johnson drove Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden nuts in Tampa, but league sources say don't be surprised if the Bucs seriously consider signing Terrell Owens, who will be released by the Philadelphia Eagles by next month, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported.

The Bucs are lured by the idea of adding another big play receiver for young quarterback Chris Simms. The obstacles: The salary cap and Gruden somehow excusing what T.O. did to his friend Andy Reid.

Owens came to the Eagles in March 2004 after eight sometimes-controversial seasons in San Francisco. He was suspended last month for a series of infractions and critical public comments about quarterback Donovan McNabb and the organization, dating to his offseason demands for a new contract. An arbitrator later upheld the team's decision to deactivate him for the remainder of the season.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283783

I think this would be a bad move by the Bucs. I know TO is a great athlete and all, but look at all the drama he has caused. If they do decide to go for it they better put TO in a bit stricter contract.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
TO is going to the Raiders.. :laughing:

SteelerDan43
01-09-2006, 10:07 PM
The Bucs made the playoffs, dont screw up a good thing with that locker room disease

Koopa
01-09-2006, 10:21 PM
well t.o. is good for a season and if you pay him he'll be fine for another

BlitzburghRockCity
01-09-2006, 10:22 PM
TO is going to the Cowboys !! mark it down ! :tt:

Livinginthe past
01-10-2006, 06:03 AM
I think T.O will go to the Falcons.

Ambridge
01-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Owens in Tampa??

Should Simms stay in TB I would think Gruden would have to seriously consider the risk/reward of teaming Owens up with a still developing Chris Simms.

Atlanta?? TO already has shown he doesn't share the spotlight well. He'd eventually turn on Vick ala Donovan McNabb.

Dallas?? I can't see Parcells taking the chance with TO's record of nonsense.

Oakland?? Randy Moss has gone on the record as saying that him and TO on the same team probably wouldn't work.

The one thing for sure is that where ever Owens goes it wont be for a big money contract.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
No one wants to take the chance of his nonsense, Someone will do it, because his talent is no doubt there.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 04:32 PM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13587940.htm

Philly is starting to get smart with T.O. now. They are possibly going to try and trade him to someone, so they can get something out of it as well.. Add the Jets to the Interest list, with the Bucs.

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I didn't consider him going to the Jets, but I guess he very well could go there.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Laverneus Coles wasn't thrown to a whole lot there, this is interesting...

2004 with Washington, Coles had: 90 receptions, for 950, and 1 TD (Played all games)
2004 with the Jets, Moss had: 45, for 838 and 5 TD (Played in all but 1 game)

2005 with the Jets, Coles had: 73 receptions, for 845, and 5 TD (Played all games)
2005 with the Redskins, Moss had: 84 receptions, for 1483, and 9 TD (Played in all games)

I dont know if T.O. would like it in NYJ. Although Coles numbers weren't that bad this season, they may throw to him more, because of his talent, if T.O. were to go.

Livinginthe past
01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
T.O will not go to an expansion team like the NY Jets - that whole offense is going to broken down and built up over a number of years.

The need a QB, and a RB, and some other WR's - they will not be competing for 2 maybe 3 years.

I still think Atlanta because they feel that they are on the brink of the playoffs - they wont admit they have a dud in Vick so they will seek to give him another weapon.

NM

Dirtywater
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
T.O will not go to an expansion team like the NY Jets - that whole offense is going to broken down and built up over a number of years.

The need a QB, and a RB, and some other WR's - they will not be competing for 2 maybe 3 years.

I still think Atlanta because they feel that they are on the brink of the playoffs - they wont admit they have a dud in Vick so they will seek to give him another weapon.

NM

Oh, I so want TO to go to the Jets. His cancer would rot them from the inside out. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 07:02 PM

NM

that seams like a reasonable fit but doesnt mora jr. and g. knapp pretty much hate t.o. from his days in sf? do they really want to go down that road again being showed up by a player? depending on what happens in these playoffs a team like seattle or denver might just realize he is the missing ingredient to saving their head coaches job and putting them over that hump of reaching a sb again. i do think t.o. could find the extra motivation to play and behave in atlanta though.

Livinginthe past
01-10-2006, 09:07 PM
that seams like a reasonable fit but doesnt mora jr. and g. knapp pretty much hate t.o. from his days in sf? do they really want to go down that road again being showed up by a player? depending on what happens in these playoffs a team like seattle or denver might just realize he is the missing ingredient to saving their head coaches job and putting them over that hump of reaching a sb again. i do think t.o. could find the extra motivation to play and behave in atlanta though.

Football is a business - if Mora Jr is told that T.O is good for the Atlanta franchise he will just have to find a way to work with T.O

My dream is that T.O will be thrown on the scrap heap - but its an empty dream - some team will think of T.O as the 'final piece of the puzzle' - which means its most probably going to be a team that is already competitive (8-8 or better)

NM

Justin Otstott
01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I heard this from a friend and I can see TO going to the Bucs, hell I can see TO playing for the Falcons too...But really I don't care because all I know is that TO aint welcome here!

tony hipchest
02-02-2006, 11:43 AM

the great thing about having your team in the sb is no t.o. talk, but here we go anyways. we can safely say that there will be no more talk about shanahan or holmgren being on the hotseat. holmgren has made it to the sb and the broncos were a game away. so who was the 1st to call t.o.? mike shanahan. i thought it was funny how some players immediately started talking about him right after the loss to the steelers. i think this is a good fit, and that shanahan could corral him (pun intended). i think t.o. would have no choise but to respect a coach of his stature.

which interrestingly brings k.c. into the mix. they should be meeting with him today i think and it would be a critical move for them to land him and keep him out of the broncos uniform. if it comes down to a bidding war and salary cap issies im wondering if the cheifs may offer p. holmes to philly for t.o. seems like it would help both teams. (although the word is no one wants to trade and be stuck with his contract. the bucs are still interrested and while snyder and j. jones are both drooling over him the veteran coaches have nixed the idea. i think i hear jax is also interrested.

i think denver gets him, but i think k.c. should do everything possible to prevent this.

jbone19
02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Oh, I so want TO to go to the Jets. His cancer would rot them from the inside out. :sofunny:

:iagree:

Absolutely! To get him is like smoking a carton of cigarettes while eating a bowl of carcinogens! A guy I work with is a huge Broncos fan and he is extremely pissed this
:monkey:
morning over the fact that TO was in Denver yesterday.

WWIIOwheelz
02-02-2006, 12:04 PM
If Philly trades him, they can keep his market value lower than if they release him. I look for Philly to make a trade for some draft picks (but moreso to screw over TO)

syde18T
02-02-2006, 12:10 PM
If Philly trades him, they can keep his market value lower than if they release him. I look for Philly to make a trade for some draft picks (but moreso to screw over TO)

The likelihood of TO being traded is very low to none. Remember that TO techinically still has time on his current contract, and a trade would warrant TO's new team to honor that contract and pay him the money accordingly. Philly authorized Rosenhaus to seek a trade in order to get SOME sort of compensation out of this whole fiasco before they release him in March. Teams are most likely going to wait until he is released into the free agency to avoid having to compensate for getting TO.

Tha rock
02-02-2006, 01:16 PM

Ha ha No:redface:

hes going to the bucs, redskins or cowboys!!

Tha rock
02-02-2006, 01:18 PM

NM

he might be good they would have a grat WR corps and i actually think he wont do that again, the jets might go for jay cutler in the draft!!

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2006, 05:16 PM
TO Should Just Go To Reject Town USA. (Oakland)

Suitanim
02-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Denver?
KC?

Anyone ever hear the tale of the Scorpion and the Frog?

A scorpion needs to cross a river, but can't swim. The scorpion see's a frog and asks him to carry him across the river. The frog is skeptical, and asks "How do I know you won't sting me if I carry you across the river?", to which the scorpion replies "But I can't swim, so if I sting you, I will drown too". The frog thinks about it and asks "Well, why wouldn't you just wait until we're across the river and sting me then" to which the scorpion replies "Because after I cross the river, I will be too grateful for your service to sting you"

The frog thinks about it and finally complies, and carries the scorpion across the river...3/4's of the way across, the frog feels the sharp sting of the scorpions tail, and cries out "You fool, now you've killed us both...why?"

And Terrell Owens replied "You knew I was a scorpion when you signed me"

Tha rock
02-04-2006, 06:03 AM
TO Should Just Go To Reject Town USA. (Oakland)

whatever will see bout that!!

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 01:53 PM
who nose tha rock kood bee wright

LambertIsGod58
02-11-2006, 02:01 PM

TO is going to Denver....

silver & black
02-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Screw that! We already have the best WR in the game.

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Screw that! We already have the best WR in the game.

Joey Porter?

silver & black
02-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Joey Porter?
Uh, that guy plays for the Steelers.