PDA

View Full Version : Just Sayin' Hey

Crow-Magnon
04-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Haven't been here since right after the SB.

Spring is here (weather's nice today), baseball's back (Orioles, but I digress :banging: ), but it's still a long way to training camp. I really haven't had much opportunity to digest the draft, although I'm happy to see the Ravens picked up another big, young OT.

This time of year can be a real downer when football season looks so-o-o-o-o far off. I guess that's why God made beer and fish. :drink:

How's your draft looking so far? Are you happy with selecting Hood and adding another DT to the Steelers' D, or would you have preferred some OL help to protect Roethlisberger?

Fire Haley
04-26-2009, 09:24 AM
I love the Ziggy pick. 6'3" 300 with a mean streak on the D line that can sack the QB?
I'll take him.

One thing for sure - Mangini is a doofus.

The Browns drop the #5 pick and get no difference makers in return - I like Mack - but they reached on the rest, badly. The Bengals take their pick of thugs again. Good day for us.

Crow-Magnon
04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
I love the Ziggy pick. 6'3" 300 with a mean streak on the D line that can sack the QB?
I'll take him.

The Browns drop the #5 pick and get no difference makers in return - I like Mack - but they reached on the rest, badly. The Bengals take their pick of thugs again. Good day for us.

If they had a contest for Worst Draft, the Browns would be contenders every year. They pick horribly!

Fire Haley
04-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I should say I did like the cincy picks for a change - they at least they impoved their defense.

I guess when your team doesn't score an offensive TD in 5 straight games it throws up a red flag Mankok must have watched the tapes - all in all a jittery draft that the Browns fans absolutely hate - they're in full in full wrist-slitting alibi mode . I love it. Brady Quinn will need more than that.

Shoes
04-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice to hear from you CM. I think many of us were hoping for Mack (C) but we sure can use some youth on the DL. I'm happy with the pick and expect some quality picks today.

Best you guys today! Be well....

shoes

Crow-Magnon
04-26-2009, 10:09 AM
I should say I did like the cincy picks for a change - they at least they impoved their defense.

I guess when your team doesn't score an offensive TD in 5 straight games it throws up a red flag Mankok must have watched the tapes - all in all a jittery draft that the Browns fans absolutely hate - they're in full in full wrist-slitting alibi mode . I love it. Brady Quinn will need more than that.

Cleveland should (and I say should, since Miami showed last year that anything is possible) end up at the bottom of the AFCN this year. They need help in a lot of places. I just don't know how much a new HC will help, but I don't think you can get much worse than Romeo. Great DC; bad HC.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Crow, welcome to Steelers Fever once again,
I am happy that the Steelers addressed our aging DL. I think that the real grade of our draft will come out after the third round. We have 3 picks today in the third we need to get it right

GutterflowerSteel
04-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Haven't been here since right after the SB.

Spring is here (weather's nice today), baseball's back (Orioles, but I digress :banging: ), but it's still a long way to training camp. I really haven't had much opportunity to digest the draft, although I'm happy to see the Ravens picked up another big, young OT.

This time of year can be a real downer when football season looks so-o-o-o-o far off. I guess that's why God made beer and fish. :drink:

How's your draft looking so far? Are you happy with selecting Hood and adding another DT to the Steelers' D, or would you have preferred some OL help to protect Roethlisberger?

Hi, Crow! Yep, it's another gorgeous day here in Maryland :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Crow, next chance you get, go to into the Blast Furnace and check out the "Tim Lumber" Thread.

Steely McSmash
04-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll take him.

Not saying Mangini is not a doofus but I think trading down is the right thing to do for them financially and value -wise. Didn't they cut a bunch of guys? they probably need a lot of bodies to fill out the roster so trading down makes sense. Also financially the top 10 picks or so are hard to stomach year after year. Much better on the cap if you can pick in the mid-first. It's not like the Browns have only one special need to fill. They have many holes so there's not a huge benefit to picking @ #5 for them.

Fire Haley
04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Let them rebuild for the next 5 years. If the Browns had gotten Curry I would have been pissed. They got nothing on defense, we will continue to steamroll them.

Crow-Magnon
04-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey Crow, next chance you get, go to into the Blast Furnace and check out the "Tim Lumber" Thread.

Why did you do that? Why? :flap:

Whadda maroon! :rofl:

Hey Crow, welcome to Steelers Fever once again,
I am happy that the Steelers addressed our aging DL. I think that the real grade of our draft will come out after the third round. We have 3 picks today in the third we need to get it right

Hey, it never hurts to improve your defense. Never.

Stlrs4Life
04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
LOL! Even a Ravens fan hates Tim Lumber!

Crow-Magnon
04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
LOL! Even a Ravens fan hates Tim Lumber!

Hey, I maybe a Ravens fan, but I'm not an idiot! :chuckle:

HometownGal
04-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi buddy! Nice to see you back around! :drink:

I'm pretty satisfied with the Steelers picks. I've trusted the Steelers FO for decades and see no reason to stop trusting them now. :tt02:

Crow-Magnon
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi buddy! Nice to see you back around! :drink:

I'm pretty satisfied with the Steelers picks. I've trusted the Steelers FO for decades and see no reason to stop trusting them now. :tt02:

No matter what "we" say about each other's teams, if there are two better drafters than the Steelers and the Ravens over the past ten years, I'd like to know who they are.

The Pats draft well, but I think they do better with trades than in the draft.

Hey, it's nice to be talkin' football again. The draft is like a new beginning!