PDA

View Full Version : Fans Favorite Pick?

55BaileyFan
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm curious about Steeler nations favorite pick or and their least favorite pick...

I'm fond of CB Joe Burnett 5th round UCF
Not fond of DT Ra'Shon Harris 6th round Oregon

Just my opinion, what is your guys?

The Duke
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Urbik. LOVE road graters!!

I don't really like Ra'Shon Harris that much either, but hopefully he becomes like willie gay, a pick I hated and now absolutely love

The Definiti0n
04-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Getting Ziggy with it

Dylan
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I cant not tell you enough how much i love the shipley pick...in ruond 7!!!!

and not that i dont like this pick because i do just not at this spot...i think we could have gotten mike wallace later in the draft

Aussie_steeler
04-26-2009, 07:28 PM
I love two thirds of the 3rd round. Urbik and Lewis will be big contributors down the line.

I was disappointed with the Johnson TE pick only because we could have landed Cadogan OT, Canfield OG, Beckwith / Joseph ILB or Pegues at FS. This pick would have been a definite UDFA with some patience

Aussie_steeler
04-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Hood will be a big time fan favourite in years to come. The next Aaron Smith for the fans

SunshineMan21
04-26-2009, 07:59 PM
I really, really like both the picks of Urbik and Tank . . . not so big on Wallace.

Steely McSmash
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Round 1, Pick 32 (32) Evander Hood DT 6'3" 300 Missouri --
Good solid pick. Not over the moon about it but it needed to be done

Round 3, Pick 15 (79) (From Broncos) Kraig Urbik OT 6'5" 328 Wisconsin
Best pick of the draft. Good value, starting potential

Round 3, Pick 20 (84) (From Bears through Broncos) Mike Wallace WR 6'0" 199 Mississippi
This is maybe the most exciting pick, the guy looks like he could be a game breaker with some return potential. Could see some action in the slot

Round 3, Pick 32 (96) Keenan Lewis CB 6'0" 208 Oregon State
Solid pick. Should be a good value as an outside one on one corner if he pans out

Round 5, Pick 32 (168) Joe Burnett CB 5'9" 192 Central Florida
Not crazy about this one. The FO is obsessive about the kick returners. I'm still at the point where I'm happy they at least catch the ball and move in the right direction. Not sure how this guy fits on the roster

Round 5, Pick 33 (169) (Compensatory selection) Frank Summers RB 5'9" 241 UNLV
I'm not a member of Frank's bandwagon but he's woth a look this late. I'd rather have safety or OT here

Round 6, Pick 32 (205) Ra'Shon Harris DT 6'4" 298 Oregon
Good pick here. Groomable guy who should be able to make it to the practice squad

Round 7, Pick 17 (226) (From Buccaneers) A.Q. Shipley C 6'1" 304 Penn State
I think AQ will have an up-hill battle to make the roster. worth a shot for a 7th rounder. Physically he's similar to Legursky but slighly less developed. Mentally he's probably tougher.

Round 7, Pick 32 (241) David Johnson TE 6'2" 260 Arkansas State
I'd rather have safety or OT here. Might be able to make the PS and take over next year for Spaeth. He's out of nowhere -- maybe he can push Spaeth this year?

PeckerWood
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Don;t care what people say the TE Johnson pick but I like it. Great weight and speed combo with great hands. Can see him beating LBs all day down the field catching passes as a FB.

Urbik the same size as the lineman drafted in the first round.

Shipley could be the next Webster at center.

Hood, a bigger Smith at DE.

austinfrench76
04-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Love the Center, AQ and hate the TE pick in the 7th. There were several tackles that could com in and compete. This guy could have been a UDFA. IMO

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
1.Ziggy Hood- Like this pick. They needed a guy who smack a few guys around. When I saw the video from the Alamo Bowl, I had a pretty good feeling about this one.

3a. Kraig Urbik- Jury's Out

3b. Mike Wallace- Jury's Out

3c. Keenan Lewis- Good Pick. The kid can go up against good and bad receivers and is willing to make plays. Though the only game I saw him in person last year, he was too busy getting owned by Darryl Clark.

5a. Joe Burnett- Jury's Out

5b. Frank Summers- Jury's Out

6. Ra'Shon Harris- Jury's Out

7a. A.Q. Shipley- Very Solid and scrappy center. He's willing to fight till he's finished. Great pick by the F.O. I have a feeling he can have a great carrier as a Steeler can give the team stability at the position for a good long time.

7b. David Johnson- Jury's Out

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Like the Wallace pick, for the 84th overall, he's screaming fast. DHB had similar questions, route-running and hands, and he went 7th...

Besides, Ravens fans were bummed out immensely when we picked him...

Hammer67
04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Love Shipley...mainly because he is from my hometown (Moon!) and went to PSU.

Texasteel
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
If I had to pick a favorite it would be Urbik, but I really like the Hood and Lewis pick as well.

I'm going to piss people off but I didn't like the Shipley or Johnson pick. Just don't see him as an upgrade over what we have. I hope I'm wrong.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I love two thirds of the 3rd round. Urbik and Lewis will be big contributors down the line.

I was disappointed with the Johnson TE pick only because we could have landed Cadogan OT, Canfield OG, Beckwith / Joseph ILB or Pegues at FS. This pick would have been a definite UDFA with some patience

I feel the same. I think an OT with some upside like Bell or Watkins could have been a better choice. Or an ILB, but I am good with it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-26-2009, 08:56 PM
If I had to pick a favorite it would be Urbik, but I really like the Hood and Lewis pick as well.

I'm going to piss people off but I didn't like the Shipley or Johnson pick. Just don't see him as an upgrade over what we have. I hope I'm wrong.

Glad you said it Tex and not me. I think Shipley will have to prove he can beat out Legursky. He may end up on the practice squad like you would expect many 7th rounders do.

Texasteel
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
I feel the same. I think an OT with some upside like Bell or Watkins could have been a better choice. Or an ILB, but I am good with it.

I was hoping for a late round OT as well, if for no other reason to see if we could just get lucky.

SC Steeler Steve
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I love the Ziggy pick. Overall I like it all because I have sooooooo much confidence in the decision making of the Steelers FO.

55BaileyFan
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
I agree with the TE too. There were a lot of good tackles left, Cadogan was the one I was pulling for with that last 7th rounder.

Burnett for anyone who is curious is a burner. Coverage skills matches with William Gay as a rookie and his return skills are right where Antwaan's were.

I also agree that Wallace could have been picked a couple rounds later.

Psyychoward86
04-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow, im ecstatic about most of these. Im high on gettin' Ziggy with it. I love the big uglies, Kraig and A.Q. Summers is going to strike fear into the eyes of great defenders. Wallace is a bullet!

Steeldude
04-26-2009, 10:19 PM
i like frank summers in the 5th because it fills two needs with one pick. he may develop into their short yardage back and their fullback. i mean, who here really thinks carey davis is a good fullback? oh yeah, summers can also catch.

i can't say there is anything really wrong with any of the picks. they all seem to fill needs. i guess we will wait and see. i like this draft better than last year's draft.

KeiselPower99
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Round 1, Pick 32 (32) Evander Hood DT 6'3" 300 Missouri --
Good solid pick. Not over the moon about it but it needed to be done

Round 3, Pick 15 (79) (From Broncos) Kraig Urbik OT 6'5" 328 Wisconsin
Best pick of the draft. Good value, starting potential

Round 3, Pick 20 (84) (From Bears through Broncos) Mike Wallace WR 6'0" 199 Mississippi
This is maybe the most exciting pick, the guy looks like he could be a game breaker with some return potential. Could see some action in the slot

Round 3, Pick 32 (96) Keenan Lewis CB 6'0" 208 Oregon State
Solid pick. Should be a good value as an outside one on one corner if he pans out

Round 5, Pick 32 (168) Joe Burnett CB 5'9" 192 Central Florida
Not crazy about this one. The FO is obsessive about the kick returners. I'm still at the point where I'm happy they at least catch the ball and move in the right direction. Not sure how this guy fits on the roster

Round 5, Pick 33 (169) (Compensatory selection) Frank Summers RB 5'9" 241 UNLV
I'm not a member of Frank's bandwagon but he's woth a look this late. I'd rather have safety or OT here

Round 6, Pick 32 (205) Ra'Shon Harris DT 6'4" 298 Oregon
Good pick here. Groomable guy who should be able to make it to the practice squad

Round 7, Pick 17 (226) (From Buccaneers) A.Q. Shipley C 6'1" 304 Penn State
I think AQ will have an up-hill battle to make the roster. worth a shot for a 7th rounder. Physically he's similar to Legursky but slighly less developed. Mentally he's probably tougher.

Round 7, Pick 32 (241) David Johnson TE 6'2" 260 Arkansas State
I'd rather have safety or OT here. Might be able to make the PS and take over next year for Spaeth. He's out of nowhere -- maybe he can push Spaeth this year?

I have to agree with the Shipley comment. He really looked no different the Legursky to me. I wouldve passed on the TE and took Spillmen from Marshall instead.

Hypocycloid
04-26-2009, 11:45 PM
I like the Burnette pick. Wallace is a kick returner and Burnette is comfortable returning punts. If one goes down or develops Willie Reid hands (or Dwight Hands of Stone)
there is someone else to go to other than Carey Davis, MeMO, (someone like Gary Russell). I did like the fact that the last three were improvements in that they did catch the ball. Burnette was in the top ten in both punt and kick returns.

I wasn't a big fan of the Harris pick nor the TE. I can see taking a flyer on a DE but I agree that the TE could have been picked up undrafted. I think Harris will go the way of Orion Harris. I would have liked to have seen these pics rolled over into next year if possible or offensive lineman picked.

I do have to say I am glad that they didn't waste a pick on a QB.
I love the Summers pick, not only is he going bounce around like a Q-Ball, he is also going to provide a lot of entertainment. If you saw the you tube clip....he has all kinds of Disney Songs on his I-Pod. We haven't had that level of entertainment since Peezy.

ricksteelers55
04-27-2009, 04:14 AM
fav pick(s): Ziggy,Tank,Shippley

pick that im not sold on: johnson

MasterOfPuppets
04-27-2009, 05:01 AM
i like the lewis and summers picks.......did they really need 2 cb's out of this draft ? they got 2 mediocre tackles on 1 year deals and they take 2 cornerbacks ? :scratchchin: ....i'd be VERY suprised if the 6 & 7 rd picks ever get to dress for a game. .....considering colbert has hit 10% on 6th rd and 11% on 7th .....i think he just pulls names out of a hat.:popcorn:

Hammer67
04-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Glad you said it Tex and not me. I think Shipley will have to prove he can beat out Legursky. He may end up on the practice squad like you would expect many 7th rounders do.

He was the dominate player on the most dominant OL in the Big 10. He was one of the few standouts for PSU during the Rose Bowl.

Hope your wrong, here.

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 09:56 AM
I didn't care for Ziggy at #1...I think we reached.

Wallace I like a lot. Fast and definitely proves the days of 240 lb kick returners are over. If the guy can get seperation at the next level Nance, Sweed and Baker have some real competition...

mcmac
04-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I think in the long run we will be happy with Wallace and a big back like Summers.

Steel Head
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Ziggy at #1 was not a reach at all, it was a good pick (although I would have preferred trading up for Oher)

My favorite pick is Urbik hoping he will start at RG and improve our line

DACEB
04-27-2009, 12:07 PM
EZ Hood!!

This guy will help out much like Wood his first year. And like Wood he will be hard to ignore. I see Hood adding 4-5 sacks to the sack total. He might have 2-3 sacks, but he will open things up for the other guys with his interior presence.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
He was the dominate player on the most dominant OL in the Big 10. He was one of the few standouts for PSU during the Rose Bowl.

Hope your wrong, here.

I hope I am wrong and he is a hall o famer, because he is a Steeler. He reminds me of a little stock collegiate wrestler and I would never count those guys out. But, on film, he does a great job of getting to the 2nd level and cutting off LB's from the play. Problem is......he wont do that against a 3-4.

Mike Mayock beams about him in the Rose Bowl, saying "in the 4th quarter he is still biting at the heels of Rey Maualuga", but nowhere did he mention how Shipley stacks up against the USC inteior Linemen. Even Mayock was surprised that a power running team like the Steelers selected Shipley.

Again, I hope he pans out, but lets just say I am not "over the moon" about him. :wink:

55BaileyFan
04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
EZ Hood!!

This guy will help out much like Wood his first year. And like Wood he will be hard to ignore. I see Hood adding 4-5 sacks to the sack total. He might have 2-3 sacks, but he will open things up for the other guys with his interior presence.

DL coach Mitchell said himself to not expect a lot of playing time out of hood his first year or two. He said that he wasn't ready to attempt to conquer the line. 5 sacks a year is reaching. He is not better Hampton, Keisel, or Smith and they've only ellipse 5 sacks as a individual 5 times combined in the last 8 years. Try 1 or 2 sacks...3 if your feeling lucky.

Texasteel
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I hope I am wrong and he is a hall o famer, because he is a Steeler. He reminds me of a little stock collegiate wrestler and I would never count those guys out. But, on film, he does a great job of getting to the 2nd level and cutting off LB's from the play. Problem is......he wont do that against a 3-4.

Mike Mayock beams about him in the Rose Bowl, saying "in the 4th quarter he is still biting at the heels of Rey Maualuga", but nowhere did he mention how Shipley stacks up against the USC inteior Linemen. Even Mayock was surprised that a power running team like the Steelers selected Shipley.

Again, I hope he pans out, but lets just say I am not "over the moon" about him. :wink:

I agree with you on every point, but the point I most agree with is that I hope we have another Hall of Fame player on our hands. I will gladly eat crow, and giggle as the feathers go down.

DACEB
04-28-2009, 06:38 AM
DL coach Mitchell said himself to not expect a lot of playing time out of hood his first year or two. He said that he wasn't ready to attempt to conquer the line. 5 sacks a year is reaching. He is not better Hampton, Keisel, or Smith and they've only ellipse 5 sacks as a individual 5 times combined in the last 8 years. Try 1 or 2 sacks...3 if your feeling lucky.

I didn't mean Hood would have 4-5 sacks, but that his interior presence would add 4-5 sacks to the total. There hasn't been anyone providing pressure from the inside in years. I predict he'll have 2-3 this season, in a role much like Wood's first season.

revefsreleets
04-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I believe Hood is an upgrade as a pass rushing DE. He will probably see time as a nickel/dime DE in order to get some pressure up front.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree with you on every point, but the point I most agree with is that I hope we have another Hall of Fame player on our hands. I will gladly eat crow, and giggle as the feathers go down.

Me too. I dont hate Shipley...I just expect him to progress like most 7th round picks do.

Center Hank Fraley was undrafted and was a Steeler camp cut, but he has managed a 10 year career in the NFL.

Steeldude
04-29-2009, 01:57 AM
IMO, the steelers best D-line since the cowher era was buckner, steed and seals.

the steelers will most likely address the D-line in the 2010 draft too. smith and hampton's days are winding down.

Galax Steeler
04-29-2009, 04:53 AM
I like the Hood and Wallace picks I can't wait to see them in action.

ShutDown24
04-29-2009, 08:29 AM
I didn't care for Ziggy at #1...I think we reached

Considering most mock drafts had Hood selected before the Steelers got on the clock in the first round, I don't think it was really a "reach". I know a few scouts around here had him higher on their boards than Peria Jerry.

The funny thing about the Ziggy pick is if we would have traded up a couple spots I think fans would actually accept the selection more. A lot of people seem unfamiliar with him (And actually disappointed with him) since he didn't have a ton of buzz or hype. The general consensus seems to be that he was a definite second round guy which is very far from the truth - leading to some of the negative views from fans.

Steeldude
04-29-2009, 10:27 AM
who else was available at #32 that would have been a better pick or equal pick?

hood fills a need. it's not like the steelers picked a QB, RB, WR, K, P or TE with the 32nd pick

revefsreleets
04-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Well, for one, we have exactly one backup ILB (Fox) now that Foote is gone. That Laurinaitis pick looks a little more sensible today than it did on Saturday, and it wasn't THAT senseless to begin with.

I already said I'd give Hood more than his fair shake...I have great faith in the Steelers FO.

atlsteelers
04-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Considering most mock drafts had Hood selected before the Steelers got on the clock in the first round, I don't think it was really a "reach". I know a few scouts around here had him higher on their boards than Peria Jerry.

The funny thing about the Ziggy pick is if we would have traded up a couple spots I think fans would actually accept the selection more. A lot of people seem unfamiliar with him (And actually disappointed with him) since he didn't have a ton of buzz or hype. The general consensus seems to be that he was a definite second round guy which is very far from the truth - leading to some of the negative views from fans.

the atlanta falcons actually were extremely high on ziggy hood but drafted peria jerry (another d-tackle) with the 24th pick . i think it was a great pick.

Steelman16
04-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Urbik is my favorite pick, but I like them all. Overall, I think we had a solid draft.

SunshineMan21
04-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm pumped for Summers . . .

Texasteel
04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Urbik is my favorite pick, but I like them all. Overall, I think we had a solid draft.

I am very happy about Urbik, and I think this draft will prove to be a little better that solid.

#1LambertFan
04-30-2009, 05:23 PM
3rd favorite: Urbik
2nd: Ziggy
1st: Summers

This is just my favorite not who I thionk is the better player. I am really psyched to see Summers. Some days I have wanted to pad up again and go run the short yardage plays for the Steelers. I haven't played in a while but I know I could do better than Carey "stopped for loss" Davis. On to Hood. I knew of this guy before the draft and I liked him but passed him up in my personal mocks because I thought 1st round would be a dedicated OL round. Urbik was something we needed and I'm glad he fell right into our hands. He will be starting by the end of the year.

#1LambertFan
04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Well, for one, we have exactly one backup ILB (Fox) now that Foote is gone. That Laurinaitis pick looks a little more sensible today than it did on Saturday, and it wasn't THAT senseless to begin with.

I already said I'd give Hood more than his fair shake...I have great faith in the Steelers FO.

Its not all that hard to make a transition from OLB to ILB. I think it would be a wasted pick because I foresee Farrior starting for 3-4 more years and I think Timmons is better than James L.

ShutDown24
04-30-2009, 05:53 PM
the atlanta falcons actually were extremely high on ziggy hood but drafted peria jerry (another d-tackle) with the 24th pick . i think it was a great pick.

I had heard a number of teams really liked Hood. I think the Falcons got a great one in Jerry though, too.

Texasteel
04-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I had heard a number of teams really liked Hood. I think the Falcons got a great one in Jerry though, too.

I personally think that Hood was a better pick, FOR US, than Jerry would have been. Would you agree with that ShutDown.

triphahn
04-30-2009, 09:03 PM
:tt03:Frank the Tank. That Hood pick is looking pretty sweet too.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-01-2009, 01:27 AM
I personally think that Hood was a better pick, FOR US, than Jerry would have been. Would you agree with that ShutDown.

I will agree with you. Jerry has a great motor and is a bull, but has the size of a classic 4-3 DT. Hood is taller with longer arms and fits better as a 3-4 DE. I LOVE Peria Jerry, but he would have to play NT for us and is a bit light for that.

taztroy43
05-01-2009, 05:07 AM
my favorite picks were:

DT/DE Hood- in a year or two he'll be the starter @ DE

WR/KR Wallace- hes gunna be an electrifying return man and possibly a 3-4 string reciever that can stretch the field(probably more than what N. Washington did for us)

CB Lewis- A physical corner who has the height and speed( 6'1" high 4.4 40) to play @ that position....reminds me a lot of Ike but Ike is way faster...he'll probably be the starter next to Taylor in a few years....

RB/FB Summers- He's a minibus and lets hope he can carry the ball on short yardage situations and be a big bruiser back in the NFL like he was in college....

The OL were good picks that filled some needs......

Wasn't to crazy about the late TE and the late DT pick....they should of got some more depth @ OL....well @ least they got some depth on the DL....so whatever.....

I just can't wait to see Mendenhall play this year he has something to prove....He's gunna be playing hard to make up for his missed season!!!!!!...

Texasteel
05-01-2009, 06:08 AM
I will agree with you. Jerry has a great motor and is a bull, but has the size of a classic 4-3 DT. Hood is taller with longer arms and fits better as a 3-4 DE. I LOVE Peria Jerry, but he would have to play NT for us and is a bit light for that.

Thats exactly what I was thinking Gonzo.

competive
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I really liked this draft, but its also true I havent paid such close attention to the draft in years. Since that year when the Steelers took a WR called Marc Zeno or something, he had bunches of collegue records and I tought it was a steal at 7th round, but he did not even made the team, hey call me biased.

This year I also liked every pick, yet, I got somewhat concerned at seeing Urbik working out at the combine, he was caught holding a couple of times, and I think HE is the one that will make this draft a good one or a great one if he delivers.

I also loved A.Q. and "The Tank". Ziggy its a complete mistery to me honestly, he talks the talk lets see him walk.

:tt03:

Psyychoward86
05-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Too many good picks to choose one. I love most of them, im skeptical about maybe 2-3 players or so, but all in all, i like these kids, even though this draft has been called a "weak crop." I have no doubt that many of our earlier picks such as Ziggy Hood, Mike Wallace, Urbik, etc will be successful, but my favorite by far was Frank Summers. I just got a feeling about this kid, he's got the tools to achieve greatness. Not to mention the work ethic and willingness to learn. I dont think he's going to surprise anyone (most of us already love the guy), but i just think we'll love him over the years. I know RB coach Kirby Wilson said Carey Davis and Powdrell are his FB's, but i think the Frank the Tank era is coming soon...and i think we'll like what we see :tt:

Pi Kapp Steeler
05-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Too many good picks to choose one. I love most of them, im skeptical about maybe 2-3 players or so, but all in all, i like these kids, even though this draft has been called a "weak crop." I have no doubt that many of our earlier picks such as Ziggy Hood, Mike Wallace, Urbik, etc will be successful, but my favorite by far was Frank Summers. I just got a feeling about this kid, he's got the tools to achieve greatness. Not to mention the work ethic and willingness to learn. I dont think he's going to surprise anyone (most of us already love the guy), but i just think we'll love him over the years. I know RB coach Kirby Wilson said Carey Davis and Powdrell are his FB's, but i think the Frank the Tank era is coming soon...and i think we'll like what we see :tt:

Pward i couldn't have said it better myself. I am a fan of the smash mouth clock consuming football that we have lost since Bettis left. I think we are all looking for Summers to fill that void. Hopefully the pressure to fill his shoes doesn't get to him.

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Pward i couldn't have said it better myself. I am a fan of the smash mouth clock consuming football that we have lost since Bettis left. I think we are all looking for Summers to fill that void. Hopefully the pressure to fill his shoes doesn't get to him.

There 3 very good RBs in front of him. Parker, Mendenhall, and Moore are all good RBs, Summers will get a few carries this year, I think, particularly when inside the 2. I just would not expect to see a bunch of him till we lose one of the other two. I really don't see where there will be a lot of pressure on him unless it's pressure the fans put on him, and we may over rate how much players listen to us. I still see Urbik as the only player that may see significant PT.

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2009, 05:54 AM
There 3 very good RBs in front of him. Parker, Mendenhall, and Moore are all good RBs, Summers will get a few carries this year, I think, particularly when inside the 2. I just would not expect to see a bunch of him till we lose one of the other two. I really don't see where there will be a lot of pressure on him unless it's pressure the fans put on him, and we may over rate how much players listen to us. I still see Urbik as the only player that may see significant PT. i agree tex....but i'm not penciling in urbik quite yet....there's still the learning curve. i do think that guys like summers and lewis, could be quality special teamers this year.

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 06:12 AM
i agree tex....but i'm not penciling in urbik quite yet....there's still the learning curve. i do think that guys like summers and lewis, could be quality special teamers this year.

I'm right there with you MOP. I am excited about seeing what Summers and Lewis can do, especially on ST. and your right Urbik will not see a lot very early. I've seen some say he will start opening day, not gona happen. I do think he will see quite a bit of time by mid-season. If someone plays early, and I'm still not sold on him, it will probably be someone extremely bright, like Shipley.

Psyychoward86
05-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Ha, actually i was hyped about him being possibly our next great FB....I dont expect more than 20-30 carries out of him per season for his entire career.

MasterOfPuppets
05-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Ha, actually i was hyped about him being possibly our next great FB....I dont expect more than 20-30 carries out of him per season for his entire career.actually, there's an article floating around here somewhere, and according to the person quoted from the steelers, they say summers WASN'T drafted to be a fullback prospect.....:noidea:

Galax Steeler
06-02-2009, 05:19 AM
actually, there's an article floating around here somewhere, and according to the person quoted from the steelers, they say summers WASN'T drafted to be a fullback prospect.....:noidea:

If that is true then that means we are going to have 4 running backs. Which that could be a good thing.

sherlock
06-16-2009, 02:06 AM
If that is true then that means we are going to have 4 running backs. Which that could be a good thing.

Could mean the Steelers are going to become a full-on running team? :noidea: