PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted Free Agent Signings

Aussie_steeler
04-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I will post some updated links to keep us informed

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/04/2009-undrafted-free-agent-signings-list.html

Current steeler UDFA's

Steelers
LS Mark Estermyer (Pittsburgh)
OT Ramon Foster (Tennessee)
S Derrick Richardson (New Mexico St.)

Aussie_steeler
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Add QB Mike Reilly ( Central Washington) to the list of UDFA's for the steelers.

The Carolina Panthers have signed 2 guys that the steelers brought in for official visits and one we all wanted earlier today

Panthers
OT Gerald Cadogan (Penn St.)
OL CJ Davis (Pitt)
WR Jason Cherry (UL-Lafayette)

other notables:
Frantz Joseph - Raiders
Darryl Beckwith - Chargers

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
damn....i wanted cadogan...:doh:

SunshineMan21
04-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Reilly is a nice pick up. Obviously he's got Ben, Batch, and Dixon burying him on the depth chart, but he's a guy who obliterated most of John Kitna's records in college . . . there was a lot of speculation in some circles that the Seahawks were interested in him.

Solid, high-upside pick.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Reilly is a nice pick up. Obviously he's got Ben, Batch, and Dixon burying him on the depth chart, but he's a guy who obliterated most of John Kitna's records in college . . . there was a lot of speculation in some circles that the Seahawks were interested in him.

Solid, high-upside pick.

He will probably be on the practice squad and then next year could elevate to the #3 QB when Dixon is ready to be the #2.

Aussie_steeler
04-27-2009, 06:12 AM
update

http://www.steelersdepot.com/blog/2009/04/2009-steelers-undrafted-free-agent-signings/

LS Mark Estermyer (Pitt)
LB Tom Korte (Hillsdale College)
T Ramon Foster (Tennessee)
QB Mike Reilly (Central Washington)
WR Tyler Grisham (Clemson)
S Derrick Richardson (New Mexico State)
QB Kevin McCabe (Virginia)

SteelMember
04-27-2009, 08:19 AM

Solid, high-upside pick.

Gotta have 4 QB's to run all the drills at camp, so there ya go. :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Some hype on Reilly, but any QB will be a long way behind Ben.

Ramon Foster is probably a guard prospect or at least a long term RT project that will fight for the practice squad.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
damn....i wanted cadogan...:doh:

Me too.:banging:

steelerdave1969
04-27-2009, 10:36 AM
The Carolina Panthers also got QB Graham Harrell from Texas Tech, I think the Panthers may have just gotten their future QB there as well.

Aussie_steeler
04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
update

LS Mark Estermyer (Pitt)
LB Tom Korte (Hillsdale College)
T Ramon Foster (Tennessee)
QB Mike Reilly (Central Washington)
WR Tyler Grisham (Clemson)
S Derrick Richardson (New Mexico State)
QB Kevin McCabe (Virginia)
LB Andy Schantz (Portland State)
WR Demiko Goodman (Georgia)

55BaileyFan
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
So far I think the Cowboys and Falcons have some of the best talent of the undrafted guys.

Isdaner, Turkovich, and Hawkins are pretty talented...Stancheck, Ivy, and Christopher aren't too bad.

55BaileyFan
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
I think that Andy Schantz could with some work and unimpressive camp/preseason by other Steeler LB be a Patrick Bailey type guy this year. I'm not saying he'll make the team but maybe practice squad. Then a possible dress here or there. He has good coverage skills and a knack for the ball.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Q&A: Mike Reilly
Written by Josh Buchanan
Wednesday, 16 July 2008 22:36
Interview with Central Washington quarterback Mike Reilly.

What is your current height, weight and workout numbers?
Reilly: I am 6í3 and I weighed in at 211. My best forty was 4.75 and worst was 4.80. I havenít tested 225 reps in a while but I was at 12.

Did you play any other sports in high school besides football?
Reilly: I played basketball, golf, and ran track.

Where did you go to high school?
Reilly: Kamiakin HS for three years and I went to Flathead HS for my senior year.

What is your major and GPA?
Reilly: Mechanical Engineering. GPA is 3.6.

When do you expect to graduate?
Reilly: I should be done completely in the fall 08.

What is your learning style? (board only, board & walk thru or visual-have to see it.)
Reilly: I like visual.

What is the biggest adversity you have had to overcome in your college career or life?
Reilly: Transferring from Washington State and transferring from Division I to Division II or having to play for four head coaches to this point.

Why did you transfer from Washington State?
Reilly: I was third on the depth. One was Alex Brink and the other Josh Swogger.

Talk about your family background such as parents, siblings, and employment.
Reilly: Parents are married. Mom is a secretary for the high school and my dad is an outside sales rep for a construction equipment rental company. I grew up in a blue-collar town. It isnít ritzy or trashy. I have two brothers and one sister.

Are you married or single?
Reilly: Engaged and planning to get married after the 2009 NFL Draft.

Do you have any kids?
Reilly: No.

About how often would you say you party?
Reilly: I used to a couple times a month but now once a month tops.

Do you have any relatives who played in the NFL?
Reilly: No.

What do you feel are your strengths and weaknesses?
Reilly: I would say my strengths are my ability to learn. I have never struggled to learn a playbook. Physically I feel like I have the tools. I would say a weakness is that I feel like I can compete with anyone so I donít play as smart as I should such as going out of bounds.

What is the highlight of your career?
Reilly: I would say beating Nebraska-Omaha in the playoffs.

What is the toughest defense for you to play?
Reilly: Honestly I donít know. I would say cover 2. I like to find a match up somewhere but when teams get into the Tampa 2 it is tough to run against.

What is your favorite route to throw?
Reilly: We had a 10-yard slant last year that I loved.

Who is the best player you have faced in your career?
Reilly: Digger Anderson.

Who is the best player on your team?
Reilly: Johnny Spevak.

Is there anyone else on your team who has NFL potential?
Reilly: Jared Bronson, Johnny Spevak, Buddy Wood, and another guy Adam Bighill.

What are your goals for this year?
Reilly: I want to go undefeated and get back to the playoffs but ultimately I want to win the national championship.

What are your future goals?
Reilly: I want to continue to play football. I have always wanted to play in the NFL. That is number one in my mind.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Draft-Bible-Q-A/Mike_reilly_interview.html

Dylan
04-27-2009, 09:09 PM
goodman and schantz seem like solid pickups

SteelMember
04-27-2009, 09:50 PM
goodman and schantz seem like solid pickups

Not saying he couldn't be good, but Iv'e watched a good many UGA games, and I can't say that I've ever heard that kids name called in a game...Ever. :noidea:

I looked at his profile...He had a torn ACL his soph(red shirt) year. That may be why.

DEMIKO GOODMAN STATS Receiving
Statistics No Yds Avg TD
2008........11 133 12.1 1
2007......... 7 124 17.7 2
2006....... 13 187 14.4 0
2005......... 0 0 0.0 0
2004......... 0 0 0.0 0
Career ....31 444 14.3 3

tony hipchest
04-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Q&A: Mike Reilly
Written by Josh Buchanan
Wednesday, 16 July 2008 22:36
Interview with Central Washington quarterback Mike Reilly.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Draft-Bible-Q-A/Mike_reilly_interview.htmlgood stuff.

these are the exact types of questions tim ryan and pat kirwan ask all the prospects on their radio show. they explain to the prospects that they are warming them up and this is what they can expect when interviewing to be drafted.

they ALWAYS ask each prospect who is the toughest player they faced in college and to name a tape they can view to see their best game.

this is an interview technique k. colbert admitted using in a recent interview i read.

i think it was ziggy hood they had on their show on friday, and he was asked what was the strangest question he had been asked in the interview process.

he laughed and said that some team asked him how many times a week he smokes dope. :smoker:

:chuckle: he said that he quickly replied to the questioner that he "dont do drugs".

pat and tim laughed. they were obviously familiar with the technique of looking to catch a young prospect off guard and not being truthful.

pat told him that they are looking for your reaction to the question and to see how long it takes you to give an answer.

sherlock
05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Found this on Mike Reilly :

Could Steelers Have Found a Sleeper In Mike Reilly?
Posted Apr 27, 2009 10:14PM By JJ Cooper (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Steelers, NFL Draft

At first glance, quarterback Mike Reilly looks like just the usual camp arm. As an undrafted free agent signee for the Steelers, he joins a team that already has three established QBs with Ben Roethlisberger, Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon.

An undrafted quarterback out of Division II Central Washington? Add it up and he seems to be just the guy to keep Roethlisberger, Batch and Dixon from wearing out their arms in training camp.

But if you listen to some experts around the game, there is some feeling that Reilly could end up being a lot more than that. NFL Matchup's Greg Cosell, a film rat who watches as much game tape as nearly anyone, sure thinks so:

"I think that as a pro prospect, he's the fourth-best quarterback in this draft, after Freeman, who has a ton of skills but is very raw and unrefined. But after that, Mike Reilly -- and I've watched him on film, and I've seen his only game against a Division I opponent in Montana, in addition to some other games -- I think he shows NFL attributes. I love when I read stuff that says, 'Well, the guy has an average arm.' When you watch him on film, he doesn't have an average arm. He actually has a pretty good arm. And he does the things ... I understand that it's not against top competition, but that's not the point, He's also not playing with great competition. He's playing with the same (level of) guys he's playing against. So, you look for NFL attributes, and he's got them.

"We all know he's not going to be drafted in the first two rounds, but there's a quarterback from two years ago that I really liked, named Matt Moore, who came out of Oregon State, who's now with Carolina, and I can tell you that (Panthers head coach) John Fox thinks he's going to be a starting quarterback in this league."

Maybe Cosell's wrong. If so, the Steelers only spent a couple of thousand dollars for a camp arm who will be cut before September arrives. But if he's right, Pittsburgh may have just added their No. 3 quarterback for 2010, when Batch will be a free agent and Dixon may be ready to step in as the primary backup.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/27/could-steelers-have-a-sleeper-in-qb-reilly

St33lersguy
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
The Carolina Panthers also got QB Graham Harrell from Texas Tech, I think the Panthers may have just gotten their future QB there as well.

I thought he signed with the brownies