PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Draft - First Post!

cobal21
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the board and this is my first post, so hopefully its a good one. Just wanted to talk about the draft and what i thought about it. Pretty cool two days today and yesterday were. Overall i gave the Steelers a B for their draft, maybe even a B+. They got what they needed at least i feel they did and i'm just wondering if anybody has their eye on a certain player. Personally i would say AQ Shipley simply because Penn State is probably my favorite college team and he was pretty cool there. But other than him, I kinda wanna see how Keenan Lewis (cornerback Oregon State) does. What I was thinking, average speed I would say and all that other good stuff that is said about him and or bad. I don't wanna say too much. But one thing i thought of, is he was a senior, 4 years, not sure how many he started. but playing in the Pac-10, there's some pretty good teams he's played against, number one being USC. I think USC is the most pro level ready football team out there, so seeing USC 4 times in his career could help him out a little bit. anyone else think that might be possible.

Another thing I noticed is that when the season starts and during the 09-10 season, 7 out of the 9 draftees will be 23 or 24 years old. The only other two, Evander Hood and David Johnson. But does anybody think that 23 or 24 isn't such a great age for a rookie player? It is certainly young, don't get me wrong. But you see some of the young kids in drafts 20, 21 22 years old. But for these guys who are 24, by the time they're able to probably start every day for the steelers, it might be when they're 27 28 years old rather than possibly being 24. I don't know. maybe i'm just being a pest by putting that out there. Its good to be apart of a Steelers message board. hopefully i'll be able to stick around for awhile. Thanks guys.

mesaSteeler
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Welcome