Tom Korte LB Hillsdale College
Derrick Richardson S New Mexico St.

Dylan
04-26-2009, 09:35 PM
is mike reily the one that one of the announcers were high of

tony hipchest
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM

:danceshout: called it! (SS- potential back up to troy)

KeiselPower99
04-26-2009, 11:01 PM
is mike reily the one that one of the announcers were high of

Yea Jaworski was slobbering all over him.

OneForTheToe
04-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Ramon Foster T Tennessee
Mark Estermyer LS Pitt.Tom Korte LB Hillsdale College

Does this mean the Steelers are going to trade James Harrison?:noidea:

:flap:

stillers4me
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Does this mean the Steelers are going to trade James Harrison?:noidea:

It would sure save us a lot of money. Times are tough, ya know? :chuckle:

Aussie_steeler
04-27-2009, 06:20 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/blog/2009/04/2009-steelers-undrafted-free-agent-signings/

LS Mark Estermyer (Pitt)
LB Tom Korte (Hillsdale College)
T Ramon Foster (Tennessee)
QB Mike Reilly (Central Washington)
WR Tyler Grisham (Clemson)
S Derrick Richardson (New Mexico State)
QB Kevin McCabe (Virginia)

also watch
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/04/2009-undrafted-free-agent-signings-list.html

mesaSteeler
04-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Tom Korte to attend Pittsburgh Steelers camp as a priority free agent
http://www.hillsdale.edu/admissions/news/news_story.asp?iNewsID=1662&strBack=/athletics/Default.asp

April 26, 2009 - Although his name was not called during the 2009 NFL Draft, Hillsdale College's Tom Korte will get his shot to join a professional roster.

Korte will head to Pennsylvania to join the Pittsburgh Steelers' rookie camp this weekend and will be brought in as a priority free agent. Korte will leave for the Steelers' training facility Thursday and go through two-a-day workouts on May 1, May 2 and May 3. He will sign a contract with the club this weekend.

After the weekend practices, Korte will return to Pittsburgh May 15 for organized team activities, which include training and film study.

"I am very excited and thankful for this blessing and opportunity," Korte said in an email Sunday night. "I look forward to attacking this challenge."

A two-time team MVP and All-Region linebacker, Korte is the second Hillsdale College football player to be invited to an NFL camp in the past two years. In 2008, former Charger quarterback Mark Nicolet attended the Detroit Lions' rookie camp before signing a professional contract to play football in Sweden.

Korte distinguished himself as one of the best linebackers in the 117-year history of Hillsdale College football during his career that spanned from 2005-08. He led the team in tackles three times, was named the team's most outstanding linebacker three times, and was tabbed First-Team All-GLIAC three times.

He joins a franchise that won its NFL-record sixth Super Bowl in February, in a classic contest against the Arizona Cardinals.

The Steelers have several players on their roster with direct ties to this region. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (Findlay, Ohio/Miami, OH), linebacker LaMarr Woodley (Saginaw, Mich./U. of Michigan), quarterback Charlie Batch (Eastern Michigan U.), linebacker Larry Foote (U. of Michigan), linebacker James Harrison (Kent State), and wide receiver Santonio Holmes (Ohio State) are some of the players who were college standouts in this region of the country.

Korte played his high school football at Grand Rapids Catholic Central.

Fire Haley
04-27-2009, 09:44 AM
We just had this thread and it got moved

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=597516#post597516

steelerdave1969
04-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I like Mike Reilly at QB. The young man was on my fantasy football roster on CBS's college fantasy football league. The guy is gonna put some pressure on Dennis Dixon to make a good showing and maybe push Charlie Batch into free agency earlier than planned.

tony hipchest
04-27-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-local_sports/ci_12214600

d. richardson is a tackling machine. despite level of competition, you can either make tackles or you cant.

LAS CRUCES — After a solid senior campaign, former New Mexico State safety Derrick Richardson is hoping to get his name called in this weekend's National Football League Draft.

Last year, Richardson was the Aggies' top defensive player and was among the country's best. He averaged 12.5 tackles per game, tops in the nation, and his 137 tackles were a career-best for a season.

"Preparation for the draft has gone well," Richardson said. "The Houston Texans flew me out for a workout and they seem real interested. The Buffalo Bills have shown a lot of interest as well. I've gotten a few calls from other teams, but Houston and Buffalo have shown the most interest."

Richardson, who tallied a career-high 21 tackles against Texas-El Paso and recorded eight games last season with double digit tackle numbers, earned second-team All-Western Athletic Conference honors after last season.

The 5-foot-11 Richardson said he has added 20 pounds to his frame since the season ended and now weighs 203 pounds.

"I also feel more flexible and faster despite the added weight and I believe that will help me as well," Richardson said.

In addition, Richardson said his ability to play special teams could help him get drafted. Richadson said he could be drafted anywhere from the fifth to the seventh round, but he's also aware he could sign as a free agent if need be.

KeiselPower99
04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
We do have a great history of finding gems in the UDFA signings. Rielly could be a suprise in camp this year.

The Lakelander
04-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Unconfirmed:

WR - Tyler Grisham - Clemson
S - Derrick Richarson - NM St.
OT - Ramon Foster - Tenn
LS - Mark Estermyer - Pitt
QB - Kevin McCabe - Cal U PA
QB - Mike Reilly - Central WA

steeltheone
04-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Foster looks like a nice pickup.

The Lakelander
04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Foster looks like a nice pickup.

I agree. Maybe he can push Colon in camp a little at RT? Competition is always a good thing!