PDA

View Full Version : steelers 4-0 vs colts in playoffs

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
and have won 17 of 22 all time. this dont mean much for the game on sunday but its nice to have history on our side atleast. i just read this in the postgazette and never realized they had only beaten us 5 times. just like they almost pulled off the upset in 95 with capt. comeback we can do the same.

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 11:58 AM
I think there may be something to this whole "underdog" thing...

http://www.melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/stills/Z/underdog2.jpg

workhorse
01-10-2006, 12:09 PM
This isn't your father's Oldsmobile or Colts for that matter.

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 01:22 PM

i know. my fathers oldsmobile can still actually make it to detroit and the superbowl:sofunny:

IndyMatt
01-10-2006, 01:23 PM
and have won 17 of 22 all time. this dont mean much for the game on sunday but its nice to have history on our side atleast. i just read this in the postgazette and never realized they had only beaten us 5 times. just like they almost pulled off the upset in 95 with capt. comeback we can do the same.

If you would have kept reading, you would have also noticed some more fun and interesting info:

"But the Steelers have history against them, too. They are 8-0 in their first playoff games since 1994, but are 1-7 in the playoffs after that. This is their first playoff game at Indianapolis;"

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
but are 1-7 in the playoffs after that. This is their first playoff game at Indianapolis;"

ah yes, i remember that 1 win well. willie williams made a great potential game saving tackle on lamont warren and harbaughs last second hail mary bounced off the receivers stomach in the endzone. while the steelers didnt end up winning the ultimate prize they did spare the afc the humiliation of sending out another pretender like the 89 broncos, 93, bills or 94 chargers.

it seems both teams have got a losing streak to try to end this week. looks like we have a game. dont be suprised when the steelers show up hot with momentum on their side. colts might wanna think about scoring more than 26 points this time too. the steelers offense has been hitting their stride and ben and the o-line will be a different unit than the colts faced last time.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-10-2006, 01:56 PM
i dont care what happened in the past...
All i know is its going to be a different game from the last time we played them and our secondary is going to have to have a huge game..

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
I think there may be something to this whole "underdog" thing...

http://www.melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/stills/Z/underdog2.jpg

I agree Suit. They always play better when their backs are against the wall.

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
If you would have kept reading, you would have also noticed some more fun and interesting info:

"But the Steelers have history against them, too. They are 8-0 in their first playoff games since 1994, but are 1-7 in the playoffs after that. This is their first playoff game at Indianapolis;"

Welcome to SF! Nice to see some Indy fans here.

SteelCityMan786
01-10-2006, 09:58 PM

I know it ain't. I have one that doesn't choke under playoff pressure. And For Peyton it will be another one bites the dust night.

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Don't any of you kids recognize the Mighty Underdog? I heard there's movie project in the works...

shevdog
01-10-2006, 11:11 PM

I was just reading that in the Steelers game notes.

Steelers have a better change in this game than most are giving them vredit for. Without a doubt, the toughest game of the year!

workhorse
01-11-2006, 12:49 AM
I know it ain't. I have one that doesn't choke under playoff pressure. And For Peyton it will be another one bites the dust night.

I don't seem to remember the Steelers winning a Super Bowl recently. Heck, how is Neil doing?