PDA

View Full Version : Nate Washington

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Will we see much of Nate Washington at receiver now that morgan is out?
I would rather see him in then Mays.
If i remember correctly, Washington looked pretty impressive in the preseason.
Colts arent aware of what his capabilities are, and neither are the steelers really.
It would be nice to see him catch a long one.
Anyone hear any news on him????

83-Steelers-43
01-10-2006, 01:07 PM
In my opinion, I think we will see more of Lee Mays. Experience with the team, while in the playoffs is the main reason why I feel we will see him over Washington.

Koopa
01-10-2006, 01:15 PM
huh? we resigned lee mays???? i doubt we'll see much of washington if he's even on the active roster, cause we didn't even see morgan, he was mainly just for special teams.

BB2W
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
I would rather see Washington in there than Sean Morey. He did look impressive in the preseason, but he may not be ready yet. You know Cowher would rather go with the veteran Morey. We also still have Walter Young on the practice squad but I doubt he will even get called up to the active roster.

Ambridge
01-10-2006, 01:48 PM
huh? we resigned lee mays???? i doubt we'll see much of washington if he's even on the active roster, cause we didn't even see morgan, he was mainly just for special teams.

I'm guessing that Nate might be taking Morgan's spot as the other kickoff return man along with Colclough???

TasmanianTroy271
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Yea, Lee Mays isn't here anymore, and I don't think anyone signed him back. Morey is the receiver behind Morgan, and I wouldn't be suprised to see him get a catch in a 4 WR set, just because they'd probably put less coverage on him, being a 5th WR. I think he's from the same mold as Hines, in the fact that he's not afraid to be physical and take a hit. I just hope we do dod something with Nate, and not have him end up like Zamir Cobb.

SteelerDan43
01-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Now that Morgan is officially out due to what was discovered was not a high ankle sprain but a broken leg. The Steelers resigned Lee Mays assumidly to take over Morgan's spot on special teams... :helmet:

ESPN has the story on the front page

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2287023

TasmanianTroy271
01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Yea, that basically says that Quincy's gonna have surgery for a fractured fibula, we resigned Mays, Morey will take over as #4 reciever, and Ike'll take over kickoffs...

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Maybe Cowher should call a press conference and say a penalty should have been called on the tackle of Quincy Morgan but that unlike their coach we are not going to cry about it, after which Quincy can state he does not know the tackler well but does not believe he was attempting to intentionally injure Morgan.

Justin Otstott
01-10-2006, 02:45 PM
^ lol

but yea I think Nate Washington looked good in the pre-season but he won't be doing any kick returns or anything like that this season. Wouldnt hurt to see him in action this Sunday!

83-Steelers-43
01-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Anybody but Colclough to return kicks. His ball security is suspect in my opinion and it seems he runs into the pile more times than not.

SteelerFanInCA
01-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Now that Morgan is out, what are your thought's in regards to having Randall El run back kick off returns as well?

Sharkissle29
01-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Yea, that basically says that Quincy's gonna have surgery for a fractured fibula, we resigned Mays, Morey will take over as #4 reciever, and Ike'll take over kickoffs...
i <3 ike!!!

83-Steelers-43
01-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Now that Morgan is out, what are your thought's in regards to having Randall El run back kick off returns as well?

I wouldn't mind seeing Ike stay back there and take them personally. I thought he looked pretty good returning them last game after Morgan went down.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2006, 04:31 PM

I believe the party line is that having El run back both punts and kickoffs is too much with him also being a starting WR. That logic escapes me but I attribute that to my lack of insight as to how a return game should operate. Lynn Swann returned punts his first few years; does anyone recall if he returned kickoffs as well?

I was pleased to see Coclough deferring to Morgan on kickoff returns the last several games; I agree Coclough is a potential fumble on every return. Hopefully Taylor will continue to be a return man this weekend.

Ambridge
01-10-2006, 04:40 PM

Randle El running back kick-offs too??
Holy Smokes!! He makes me nervous enough with the punt returns.

I agree with 83-Steelers-43 that Colclough just kinda runs into the pile and goes down.

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
i think el and ike will be doing enough running in this game. dont tire them out. i can see ike returning 1 for a td and have to go out and cover harrison 30 seconds later. where do you think manning is going with the ball?

SteelerFanInCA
01-10-2006, 04:45 PM
i think el and ike will be doing enough running in this game. dont tire them out. i can see ike returning 1 for a td and have to go out and cover harrison 30 seconds later. where do you think manning is going with the ball?
Good point.

83-Steelers-43
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM

Then who would you put back there? Coke? With the chance of him fumbling and the Colts getting the ball on our 25? That's what scares me. I would not put El back there simply because I wouldn't want to take the chance of us losing another WR. Him returning punts is enough of a chance to take in our WR situation. Ike I have no problem putting back there. If he returns a kick for a TD, he has a nice TV time out to get his breath back and get back out there. He's young, he's an athlete....he can handle it in my opinion.

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Then who would you put back there? Coke? With the chance of him fumbling and the Colts getting the ball on our 25? That's what scares me. I would not put El back there simply because I wouldn't want to take the chance of us losing another WR. Him returning punts is enough of a chance to take in our WR situation. Ike I have no problem putting back there. If he returns a kick for a TD, he has a nice TV time out to get his breath back and get back out there. He's young, he's an athlete....he can handle it in my opinion.

well i bet cowher is gonna look into this very closely and ike was a primary k.o. man before his expanded role. i agree that he is the best option. if he did score a td, he could always catch a breather and receive some safety help for a play or 2.

if im the colts and find out he is returning kicks i am going at him often to tire him out. (i dont want him getting any extra attention) especially for 4th quarter and covering harrison, plus it may render him a little less effective on returns. heres hoping the colts are punting and not doing any kick-offs. then the problem is solved.

83-Steelers-43
01-10-2006, 05:12 PM
heres hoping the colts are punting and not doing any kick-offs. then the problem is solved.

Well...............I'll drink to that. :cheers:

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 05:14 PM
I would really like to see Nate Washington. He looked good in training camp and was impressive in the preseason. But I have a feeling we'll probably see Mays.

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Well...............I'll drink to that. :cheers:

lol. me too! personally i think we see ike back there for the reasons you pointed out. good thing he is young. id be alot more worried if this discussion were about deshea.

Rotorhead
01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I bet it will be washington or mays, our secondary it going to have a hard enough time covering indy's 500 superstar receivers, no need to get Ike all tired going into the 4th!

BB2W
01-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Rookie free-agent Nate Washington said he'll be the Steelers' fourth receiver for Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game at Indianapolis. Washington, who's been inactive for 15 games and doesn't have a catch, replaces Quincy Morgan, who sustained a fractured tibia against the Bengals.

"It's exciting to think about it, but I have to play calm right now," Washington said. "I don't have a ton of experience, but I have to play like a vet."

link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_412674.html

Prosdo
01-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Rookie free-agent Nate Washington said he'll be the Steelers' fourth receiver for Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game at Indianapolis. Washington, who's been inactive for 15 games and doesn't have a catch, replaces Quincy Morgan, who sustained a fractured tibia against the Bengals.

"It's exciting to think about it, but I have to play calm right now," Washington said. "I don't have a ton of experience, but I have to play like a vet."

link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_412674.html

Woohoo! Let's go Nate!