PDA

View Full Version : Browns sign Graham Harrell

19ward86
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Im excited to see if he can make the "NFL throw" since most analyst say he cant.

KeiselPower99
04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
He will be cut and in the UFL this fall.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
OK, now this is getting redonkulous. Quinn, Anderson, Ratliff and Harrell? Seriously? What are the going to use Harrell for, the scout team when we play against Pennington?

revefsreleets
04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Harrell needs to sit for a year or two.

55BaileyFan
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Lets see besides the fact that the Browns suck. They have openly tried to trade Quinn and or Anderson. He will be a backup and probably a Ken Dorsey.

steelreserve
04-27-2009, 05:13 PM
That guy didn't get drafted at all? That seems a little weird to me. The scouts must have really been down on him, but still ... if I was in charge of any of about a dozen teams that needed a real quarterback, I would've at least risked a 7th-rounder on him. What else are you going to do with that pick, take a random lineman who you're going to cut in camp anyway?

I mean, the guy threw for like a billion yards in college, so he can't be completely inept. In the worst case, you just put him on the practice squad for a year and see if anything comes of it. Sheesh.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Lets see besides the fact that the Browns suck. They have openly tried to trade Quinn and or Anderson. He will be a backup and probably a Ken Dorsey.

Listening to offers and openly trying to trade are two very different things. Maybe such subtlety is beyond you, but I think you have it in you to recognize the difference, once you take your Browns-H8R glasses off.

55BaileyFan
04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Listening to offers and openly trying to trade are two very different things. Maybe such subtlety is beyond you, but I think you have it in you to recognize the difference, once you take your Browns-H8R glasses off.

I'm a Steeler fan, we don't wear "Browns-H8R" glasses. The hate is burned into our retina. When a team makes an offer and you call them back in an attempt to sweeten the pot, thats trying to trade a player. Cutler??? They reportedly offered Quinn and Rogers and don't forget the pre-draft talks with the 49ers.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm a Steeler fan, we don't wear "Browns-H8R" glasses. The hate is burned into our retina. When a team makes an offer and you call them back in an attempt to sweeten the pot, thats trying to trade a player. Cutler??? They reportedly offered Quinn and Rogers.

Reportedly huh? Gee, this time of year, you don't think that EVERY team is throwing out smoke screen and mirrors and such do ya?

Every player on the Browns was told that they are not untouchable, with the exception of J-Thomas and D-Jackson. If a team said they were interested in Anderson or Quinn and offered a 2nd rounder, why would you not see how far you can push the envelope? I have no delusion that either one is a quality starter. Neither one has proven to be one to this point. If I can get a 1st rounder for either one, I jump on it. Who knows, maybe we get the first rounder, trade back and get even more picks. Then we can answer more of our issues/holes on the team.

I'm not a Browns troll who goes around saying this is the year we go to the SB every year. Don't treat me like one.

Actively trading is approaching teams, not listening to offers and pushing the envelope. Braylon Edwards was actively being shopped around. Kellen Winslow was being actively shopped around. The Browns were listening to offers for other players...and as such, kept doors open.

Fine distinction. Subtlety. You are missing these.