PDA

View Full Version : Posluszny To Return To Penn State

SteelerDan43
01-10-2006, 02:09 PM
From ESPN.com

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- All-America linebacker Paul Posluszny will bypass the NFL draft and return to Penn State for his senior year.

Posluszny, winner of the Butkus Award as the country's top linebacker, partially tore two ligaments in his right knee late in the fourth quarter of the Nittany Lions' 26-23 triple overtime win over Florida State in the Orange Bowl last week.

Team doctors said Posluszny will need six to eight weeks of rehabilitation. He most likely will be ready when spring practice starts in late March.

His return will ease coach Joe Paterno's makeover on defense, which will lose seven senior starters.

In my opinion its a good move to go back. After blowing out his knee his stock no doubtedly dropped imensley and with Hawk in the draft I think he is better suited to go back to Jo Pa State and show everyone his knee is fine and have a chance to be the top rated LB in next years draft. Jack Ham was reported to say that he was the best college linebacker he had seen. With a name like that he deserves to be a Steeler.... :helmet:

Koopa
01-10-2006, 11:02 PM
PSU is lucky he messed up his knee

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Very smart choice by him in my opinion. This way he can go heal up and get one more year in.